...and the beat goes on...

2,701 to 2,720 of 19,623 messages
11/10/2012 at 22:02

OK DLR: I had to look up beelzebub in wikipedia, every day is a school day 

Dark Vader    pirate
12/10/2012 at 03:22
Morning KOC fans
12/10/2012 at 04:55
Morning DV, although it's not yet midnight here.

I just finished my pizza making class here in New York. I am now fully trained in the art of getting fat through being able to make awesome pizza from scratch. I think I also made and consumed my body weight in pizza tonight. I won't need to eat again for a week.
12/10/2012 at 06:59

wow, that's quite a bit of KOC there at 3am, DV!  Are you preping for coffee?  Looks like yer_maj has a nightmare getting home last night so you're in for a treat.

Eggy - So you're catering the after marathon dinner next year?

on LA...top sportspeople often have to be selfish gits to get where they are but Mr armstrong is a completly vendictive, evil, bullying, wanker!  Fair play (sic) everyone else was doing it etc but (I'll say it again), the way he destroyed anyone that dared to question his purer than thou image, the financial gain he's made from lawsuits etc that's where he stands head and shoulders above the rest of the dopes who were all doping during that era.

12/10/2012 at 07:06

and on me...went to Slash last night...bit of metal is good for tapering, right?

12/10/2012 at 07:38
RR - well I must report that after an initial bit of excitement
It looks like its a myth. Several tests showed that it depends upon the sink which way the water goes. And I haven't felt the blood rushing to my head either.

Good luck to all running at the weekend - and YM, be careful out there.
12/10/2012 at 07:42

Morning all, just wanted to pop in and wish everyone else racing a great weekend!

12/10/2012 at 08:01
Orbutt - much appreciated, we need to know these things.
12/10/2012 at 08:19
It's official. I'm broken. Have had to stop and walk in my last three runs as just felt plain awful. None of the usual things are working: shoes are relatively new, new music, new route. Just can't seem to get out of the rut. And a few extra kilos is making it even harder.

Orbutt: OK so maybe not exactly the same time zone but nearer than normal!

TD: If I ever get out of this rut, I would be really interested in the trafficking relay. I do a lot of work in this area and would love to contribute a bit more.

I love super short hair. But I always look back at the photos and think how 'manly' I look, that coupled with my father's comment that it's my "lezzie" hair cut makes for interesting dinner party conversation. Yer Maj and Kaz - your awesome haircuts were the first thing I noticed in Paris!
12/10/2012 at 08:37

RR - are you happy now you have that confirmed?  Can you relax??

I did indeed have a nightmare getting back from Glasgow so I am a bit gritty eyed with lack of sleep.  However, I am preparing for The Arrival as we speak...mainly by making cake

12/10/2012 at 09:03

yer~-maj:  cake - can mine have candes on it please - only the odd 48!!!

Mr PF's pressie of berghaus waterproof trousers and water and wind proof coat are looking exceptionally good at the moment as chucking it down here at the moment.  Basil has his new winter coat on in preparation for a walk, Reg is looking at him thinking - you big poof!!!!!!

12/10/2012 at 09:14

Penblwydd Hapus Princess

ATM
12/10/2012 at 09:26

Accommodation experiences, please...so that I can compile a bit of a summary for new people to look at when Registration opens.  If you email me, I'll make a list... I might be about to abandon my own long-time favourite because it's priced itself out of my market.. and go with a rented flat so I'd like to include that kind of thing as well as hotels.

yer_maj. I really enjoyed our real-life chat. Bizarre, this 3-D experience, eh?

ATM
12/10/2012 at 09:41
With YM's cake making talent and Eggy's newly acquired pizza creating skills I think we should all bunk together in one huge flat.

Orbutt - how was the rock?

Fantastic restaurant with old friends last night. Off for a 2 miler this morning - it's 1 degree outside. Then the Expo with my brother.
12/10/2012 at 10:28

12 miles tonight - will take it easy to avoid the wrath of Kaz1.

Yer Maj - I have started using the Clif Shot Blocks. I think they are very good and better than the gels. When I take the gels it makes me feel sick.

As for Lance Armstrong - he was just the best cheat of the all. One can say it was a level playing field as they were all at it. If it was the case that he was innocent then he would have defended himself and given evidence.

12/10/2012 at 12:38
James B - in general I agree re: LA but TD's points about careers destroyed, honest riders defeated and disillusioned as they couldn't get close... Lance may have been the best cheat of them all (SO competitive!) but there's a lot more to the story I fear.
12/10/2012 at 14:55
Dannirr - In case my WiFi leeching skills desert me over the weekend good luck in Toronto, and I hope you get good conditions for it.

ATM - I'll send you my Paris accommodation details when I get home. Although if Kaz has sent you hers I stayed at the same hotel.

PF - Happy birthday.

RS - Metal tapering sounds good to me.
12/10/2012 at 15:47

PF - Happy Birthday!

12/10/2012 at 16:18
Eggyh73 wrote (see)

ATM - I'll send you my Paris accommodation details when I get home. Although if Kaz has sent you hers I stayed at the same hotel.

Oh aye? 

Well....I just met DV....I'm very pleased with my new purchase

12/10/2012 at 16:41

Re accommodation - we stayed here:

http://www.feelparis.com/en/property/cosy-pompidou.html

Tiny but beautifully equipped and a great location

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.