Paris Marathon 2013

...and the beat goes on...

21 to 40 of 19,623 messages
05/08/2012 at 16:38
GOOOOOOOOOOLLLD!!!!!!
05/08/2012 at 16:47

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_HyyDHyAwI6k/SIcj_QDNLBI/AAAAAAAAB1U/CbuVnTTvzgQ/s400/snickers.jpg

05/08/2012 at 17:12
PAGE 2? PAGE 2!!! *arrives late, panting and carrying a selection of damp flags*.

I don't know if I can bear to watch Andy Murray and Laura Robson - if they win I might burst.

The Mongolian woman I saw this morning was Otgonbayar Luvsanlundeg, and she is their only female athlete. She looked very determined.

MM - glad to hear you have some answers. Hope you can work on identifying the triggers and getting the migraines under control.
05/08/2012 at 17:17
And Eggy - yay . But you're going to have to run faster than that to get away from ATM chasing you, in a hat.
05/08/2012 at 17:19

Good grief, I nip off to West Yorks for the night with no wifi and all this when I get back...!

MM - good to hear, hope things settle, good advice already above.

Eggy - you are throwing it down... Fantastic time.

TD - brilliant news.

RS - of course, it's really a Marathon...

Andy Murray - now, time to smile?@!

05/08/2012 at 17:23

TD - I noticed a mistake in an earlier post, my marathon PB is in fact 4hr13m, not 4hr 13s... That would have REALLY hurt.

Also, I've just worked I was (unintentionally) ignoring a whole load of regular posters - then wondered what on earth people were talking about... It seems rather easy to do by mistake, or maybe I'm just a bit useless with computers. I suspect a bit of both.

Dark Vader    pirate
05/08/2012 at 17:39

Ooo..   the threads second wedding..  Eggy and ATM's daughter..  (Eggy..  take up the offer, she is.. errmm..   fit..!!) (plus..  you'll have a properly insane mother-in-law who will provide fuel for jokes for the rest of your life..)  As ATM says, no need to actually meet her...  just turn up for the wedding..  ATM will make all the arrangements..  congratulations...

So..   I started my new regime today...  I did 2 x 10 mins barefoot running on grass with a 10 minute fast bike ride during the interval..   I'm going to sort my feet out finally...      the initial feedback is positive.  The second 10 minutes was better than the first.   No knee issues.  Calf muscles working hard...   the foot strike was all forefoot and mid-foot...  I'm naturally a mid-foot runner anyway.  

The long path to Paris has started.....

In the meantime..  GO GB...!!! 

Dark Vader    pirate
05/08/2012 at 17:44
Running Rodent wrote (see)
And Eggy - yay . But you're going to have to run faster than that to get away from ATM chasing you, in a hat.

Good point...  and she wears neoprene too..

Edited: 05/08/2012 at 17:44
05/08/2012 at 17:58

Hi all,

I haven't been on the board since just after the marathon, but wanted to say hi and let all of you know that watching the Olympics has made me think of all of you.  Congrats to Farah and Murray!  Mo's win yesterday was my all-time favorite Olympics moment. So incredible.  It boggles my mind to think that running that fast is even possible.

Hope everyone is doing well.  Cheers from the USA!

Mary

05/08/2012 at 18:31

Cheers all.

Productive day, new half PB and now I'm getting married off. I had no idea getting paired up had anything to do with how fast you can run! TD must have a hareem.

05/08/2012 at 18:48

Eggy - congrats on the PB and  impending wedding!!!

TD - excellent you'll be chasing a new PB in Berlin at this rate.

We have finally got no fog!! But it only cleared after I had finished another dreaded tm session Just home from a visit to my mothers. I told her of all my plans for the next 18months to be met with the usual critisism, but for once it isn't going to get me down or change my mind. Monday was the start of my future(and I am still smiling RS!!) and nothing or no-one will ever stand in the way again!!

Now since we are  talking 2013, are there any support going to Paris that would mind overseeing a 13yr old and 11yr old for hopefully less than 4hours?!??!

05/08/2012 at 18:54

Sounds like you are coming back strong TD- you'll soon be passing us old knackers again.

MM- sorry I've been away and missed although the stuff about your scare. I was shocked for a moment- misread your post and thought the doc had prescribed  you beta b*llocks'.

Must say I doubted Murray but he certainly delivered today.

05/08/2012 at 19:02

I think I spend more nervous energy watching the Olympics than I ever do when I'm running!

05/08/2012 at 19:51

Is ATM knitting us wedding outfits?  

Mary!!  Helloooooo!!

Kaz - they are very welcome to join my entourage, but I take no responsibility for the outcome after they have spent 4 hours with my brother....

Iain - don't worry, the minute I went to Poland last year they shut up shop and moved the thread...

05/08/2012 at 19:53

An interesting selection of footwear and running styles from the eventual first, third and fourth placed runners this morning.

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/13234/gallery/oly_mara_close_up2.jpg?width=350

Hi Mary - I met a lovely man from New York this morning who said I must go across the pond and run the NY marathon. Maybe one day.

Edited: 05/08/2012 at 19:55
05/08/2012 at 20:13

Yer_Maj - Thank you very much. It would be very much appreciated and I am sure that your brother can't make them any worse than at present!!

05/08/2012 at 20:14

Kaz - yay for the Positive Mental Attitude. Go for it girl. We're right behind you.

Eggy - when's the stag do?

TD - it's the midichlorians. The Force is strong in you. Result! Great job Neil for getting him out there and competing with him at talking - did you hold your own?

05/08/2012 at 20:16
Congratulations eggy and ATM's daughter! I wonder if she knows yet....

Question. Why is it 1500m and not the full mile?
ATM
05/08/2012 at 20:18

Welcome back, Mary   Are you going to run Chicago, this year? ' Our' Eggy is heading your way....More to the point, are you coming back to Paris?

ATM
05/08/2012 at 20:23
kaz1 wrote (see)

Yer_Maj - Thank you very much. It would be very much appreciated and I am sure that your brother can't make them any worse than at present!!

Is that a gaunlet? 

21 to 40 of 19,623 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.