Paris Marathon 2013

...and the beat goes on...

5,441 to 5,460 of 19,622 messages
12/11/2012 at 14:37

TJ...if he sticks in the training his 10k indicates3.10-3.20 capability...v.  respectable and a reasonable target methinks

12/11/2012 at 14:50

Egg/Stray: he's quite competitive but he only has one gear at the moment - every run is a race to run faster than he ran last time so i have to rein him in a little bit on the LSR. He's never even ran a half yet - 10 miles is the farthest hes been. I think the marathon is on his list of things to "try" compared to most of us where long distance running is normal everyday life. (and what would life be without it?) if he trains properly i expect him to go quicker than me but we're both starting in Grey for now - see how the training goes - we might move up one colour. Sounds like he just wants to get Sub4 and be done with it. (bet he goes a lot quicker than that!)

ATM
12/11/2012 at 15:20

Inspired by a cpouple of you, I had a go at DV's Dreadmill hills workout, this morning. I am ,now, cream-crackered...I'm going to repeat the ( horrible ) experience and see if I manage to get to the end without pressing the 'pause' button 3 times...

That's great news, TJB. If it really is going to be Dan's 'once-in-a-lifetime' marathon, he'll be soooooo glad of your company and support....even tho' he probably doesn't apprciate quite how much, for the moment.

Eggy, my running-buddy...the 'non-thread' AMT ( You've no idea how long it took us to come up with our initials as nick-names..) ..gets back from holiday next week. I see no good reason why she shouldn't do a relay leg..... I will work on selling the idea to her..I'm doing the Half. Would you be happy with a Half relay? The 3 stages are 26k, 8k and 22k..

ATM
12/11/2012 at 15:33

ATM - I'd be happy with that if your friend is interested in the relay.

ATM
12/11/2012 at 15:38

I'll work on it, then.

ATM
12/11/2012 at 17:07

I need to stop going to work just so I can keep up with this thread!!!

What a list!!

I am bogged down in major decision making.............and how costly things are going to be........how much time I am going to have to spend away from home and how much time travelling...........nothing worth doing is ever simple right???

12/11/2012 at 17:11

Kaz - It never seems to be, but if it's the work stuff you are mulling over then the simple way to think about it is to think what will you be doing ten years from now? A few years of pain to be doing something you are happy with or ten years in the same sort of work that you're doing now.

That's what made me take the hit and return to education to retrain a good few years ago now.

12/11/2012 at 17:25

Eggy - I know its what I want, just trying to wade my way through the courses out there and sort the best and most affordable option??? I think I am pretty near my desicion!! I have my kidz backing its just the rest of the world now!! And the small matter of money...........

12/11/2012 at 17:27

Kaz - I hope you can work something out. Fingers crossed for you.

12/11/2012 at 17:44
kaz1 wrote (see)

how much time I am going to have to spend away from home and how much time travelling........... 

That explains everything. Kaz can Time Travel.

12/11/2012 at 18:06

Honestly, I leave the house for half a day and look what happens to the list. Missing dashes, missing colons - my OCD's having a meltdown here...

Nov 17: Stratford Half - Straycelt.
Dec 9: Lisbon Half - Tiddy.
Jan 5/6: Enigma Double - Emmy.
Jan 12: Nato Run-Bike - TD.
Jan 20: Four Villages Half - Dave The Ex Spartan, Orbutt.
Feb 17: Bramley 20 - Tiddy. Nice 10m - Straycelt. Wrexham Half - Dave The Ex Spartan.
Feb 23: Standish Hall Trail Race - DLR.
Feb 24: Malta Marathon - Emmy.
Mar 3: Hogweed Hill Half - Straycelt. Paris Half - ATM. Silverstone Half - Jimbob. Surrey Spitfire 20 - Tiddy.
Mar 16: Eco Trail de Paris - Emmy.
Mar 17: Inverness Half - Kaz. Liverpool Half - Orbutt. Reading Half - Jimbob.
Mar 18: St Anne's 10-miler - DLR.
Mar 23: Thames Path Ultra - Dark Vader.
Mar 24: Harewood House 10k - DLR. Hastings Half - Tiddy. Lexington Half - Straycelt.
Mar 30: Dallas Half - Straycelt.
Apr: London-Paris-London: Dark Vader.
Apr 7: Paris Marathon - Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick, Tich.
Apr 21: Antwerp Marathon - Emmy. London Marathon - Eggy, Straycelt.
Apr 28: Chirk Sprint Tri - Dave The Ex Spartan.
May 5: Mont St Michel Marathon - Emmy, Princess Fi. Richmond Half - Tiddy.
May 11: Kintyre Way Ultra - ATM.
May 26: Edinburgh Marathon - Tiddy.
May 27: London 10k - Jimbob. Jun 9: Bala Half Ironman - Dave The Ex Spartan. Strathearn Marathon - Kaz.
Jun 15/16: South Downs Way Ultra - Dark Vader.
Jun 23: Torbay Half - Jimbob.
Jun 29: Giants Head Trail Marathon - Emmy.
Jul 16-18: Badwater Ultra: Dark Vader.
Aug 3: The Devil O The Highlands Ultra - Kaz.
Aug 5: Dublin Half - Straycelt.
Aug 10: North Downs Way Ultra - Dark Vader.
Sep 7: Medoc Marathon - Dark Vader.
Sep 9: Bala Olympic Triathlon - Dave The Ex Spartan.
Sep 15: Great North Run - Jimbob, Tiddy.
Sep 29: Berlin Marathon - DLR, Emmy, Jimbob, Kaz, Neil Belgium, Orbutt. Tiddy.
Oct 8: Jersey Marathon - Princess Fiona.
Oct 27: Frankfurt Marathon - Emmy.
Nov 3: New York Marathon - Tiddy.

Edited: 12/11/2012 at 18:14
12/11/2012 at 18:18

3rd March - St David's Day 10k

7th April - some jaunt around Paris

6th October - Cardiff Half

26th October - Beachy Head Marathon

There will be more...I think this thread actually needs its own Forum.

12/11/2012 at 18:22

We could start a magazine as well

I don't mind adding any other events to the list and posting it at the start of each week. Otherwise the thread's going to get bogged down each time the list gets updated.

Edited: 12/11/2012 at 18:31
TheEngineer    pirate
12/11/2012 at 18:38

Weedy... fancy adding me to this list?! I'll only break it...

Paris (naturellement!), May 11th - Mallorca IM70.3, July 28th - Ironman Switzerland.

I was right yesterday... I am back on the injury bench. So, so very frustrating. 

12/11/2012 at 18:50

Will do Engineer. You aiming for Kona?

ATM
12/11/2012 at 19:07

@ The Engineer.You're doing IMCH on my birthday.I expect a good performance, in celebration. No pressure.

ATM
ATM
12/11/2012 at 19:07

I'll be 39...

ATM
12/11/2012 at 19:13
ATM wrote (see)

I'll be 39...

Yeah, same as me.  I was 39 this year.  I might try 38 next year for a change.

12/11/2012 at 19:16

I've been looking at races over the summer - August specifically - but there aren't too many are there?

12/11/2012 at 19:19
Birchwood 10k ? And you get a towel...

And in a very sexist move lady runners get a bunch of flowers as well !
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.