Paris Marathon 2013

...and the beat goes on...

6,201 to 6,220 of 19,623 messages
24/11/2012 at 13:56

yer maj I'm sorry to say I saw a news headline that Dan the Man was injured and wouldn't be playing this pm.

24/11/2012 at 15:31
Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)
Running Rodent wrote (see)
And coated in oil and serviced after 20,000 miles. I should probably stop the metaphors here...

You must be on a different plan to me - I only get an annual service.

Maybe that's my problem, lack of servicing!  I must have missed that chapter in P&D.

24/11/2012 at 15:32
Wales vs the All Blacks ? I foresee a spirited debate on here...
24/11/2012 at 15:55
Come on the All Blacks
24/11/2012 at 16:27
Sal...no debate, you're going to chargrill us. Just like RSA are currently walloping Ingerland
24/11/2012 at 16:32
And Scotland are getting beaten by Tonga!
Come on Wales.
24/11/2012 at 16:54
Running Rodent wrote (see)
Wales vs the All Blacks ? I foresee a spirited debate on here...
yer_maj wrote (see)
Sal...no debate, you're going to chargrill us. Just like RSA are currently walloping Ingerland
The Jimbob wrote (see)
Come on the All Blacks

;) Saw the boys in Rome last weekend, even with Dan on the side they are an impressive bunch.  Rugby players are where it's at!  None of this hollywood style delicate as a feather football panto.

Enjoy Yer_maj and if you need your Dan fix afterwards: http://www.bebo.com/c/photos/view?MemberId=2512592825&PhotoNbr=1&PhotoAlbumId=4754227696 from 2007 but I'll take it.

24/11/2012 at 17:03

RW's Northern edition's out. Here's a copy for anyone down south

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/727962/gallery/td_page1.jpg?width=350

24/11/2012 at 17:10

Hi all,

I've learnt that it's better to not discuss rugby around my family... they're far too opinionated!

@Weedy - another *fantastic* magazine cover!

I've been out for 15 miles today. A slight niggle in my hamstring/glute but hopefully it'll be alright after some 'intense' stretching later on. I'm working on my 'back to backs' this weekend - so i'll be out tomorrow for a 10 miler.

I know that skin is waterproof and it's only rain and wind... but I just wish it wasn't awful weather :/

24/11/2012 at 17:19
Weedy - define 'Northern'. It's not in the shops here. I'm sure I recognise that face though! Nice one.
24/11/2012 at 17:28

And as the sole RSA representative here, walloping is what we do well.

24/11/2012 at 17:30
I've been reading lots of the funny messages from the thread out to MrsTD who is pretty unwell today, cheering her up. But we've been howling with laughter at the mag cover Weedy. Really funny. Love the 101 pg guide to binary! I've got a race number upstairs I need to photograph and post.

If you find yourself running along the Ridgeway towards Swindon DV, then you are a lucky man. It's really wonderful up there. Lots of ancient burial chambers and prehistoric forts. Stomping ground of my youth...

My border collie was one yesterday. Treated him to a 17k muddy, filthy, wet bike ride/ run this afternoon. I'm plastered and I think he's grinning in a dog sort of way. We've not had anything like the wet weather that's hit the uk this last week. It has been mild and mostly dry, if not sunny. Hope none of you are facing being inundated. Fingers crossed for you! Happy running.
24/11/2012 at 17:48
Miserable conditions for anyone who braved a run down south..... I had to pop into town and buy running waterproofs (long time since I've done a long run in the rain...). Even still I got drenched. But...

Drum roll please....

9 miles, av 10.18 per mile, even with the horrible rain, wind and 2 big hills I'm over the moon but my legs are stiff now. Gentle 2 miles, prob on treadmill, tomorrow, just to loosen up my legs.
24/11/2012 at 17:53

Holeymoley - well done, that's fntastic going. My crossed fingers obviously didn't work - sorry. You need to move Down Under with Peter.

TD - glad you liked it. Hope Mrs TD is better soon.

Simon - they must have sold out at your newsagents

Edited: 24/11/2012 at 17:55
24/11/2012 at 18:03
Weedy - a rush of sales, probably due to the 'Using HRMs in the Bedroom' article.
24/11/2012 at 18:03
I don't know if anyone else is following this: http://www.centurionrunning.com/live/

It's the piece of string ultra today. They started at midnight and have no idea how long they're running for. The draw is that you're not told how far you have to run - just: "run to Swindon and back".

@Tricky - I can imagine your dog was in his element!
24/11/2012 at 18:04
Weedy - loved the cover! At first glance, on my mobile, I didn't get it, and wondered why binary was being discussed!

I didn't eat well before my run - I planned on a 12 noon run, so had porridge at 8am and a banana at 11.30am, but then I had to do emergency running clothes shopping, and my timing slipped so I ran at 2pm without refuelling. Seemed surprisingly ok. Had an enormous hot chocolate as my recovery drink!
24/11/2012 at 18:05
Thanks for the link Emmy, going to check it out now. I'm a planner so would hate a race like this, but fascinating to follow! Nasty day for an ultra...
24/11/2012 at 18:26

Running Waterproofs??? Didn't know you got such a thing??? Holeymoley tell me more?? Good running too!!

Weedy - Fantastic!

TD - I hope Mrs TD is better soon.

Think the fire has gone out........

24/11/2012 at 18:53
good to see the all blacks still practice the dark arts.... And why were Wales led out by a goat?
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.