Paris Marathon 2013

...and the beat goes on...

6,421 to 6,440 of 19,623 messages
28/11/2012 at 17:52
It's cold and dark out there. Do I have to go for a run?

(Whinge, whine, moan, groan)
ATM
28/11/2012 at 18:34

It's simply bracing and  'dark 'is so flattering......You'll look fab * and only slightly bonkers *

ATM
28/11/2012 at 19:21

Thanks for the warm welcome all

Living and training in Denmark for my third marathon(first time Paris) so still very much a beginner. planning on training 4 days a week this time round, id love to nail a sub 4, which means, knocking of a whooping 15 minutes of my pb(shivers).

surprisingly mild for late November so I'm of for a hilly 6 miler a little later on.(It's not very hilly really, more bumpy

Kaz gonna miss your input but family first right.

Edited: 28/11/2012 at 19:21
Dark Vader    pirate
28/11/2012 at 20:55
Running Rodent wrote (see)
DV - 102 miles? At what point in a hundred mile race do you think 'you know, I don't think this run is quite long enough?'

To be honest, I entered this one on impulse...  its a new race and I saw it mentioned, looked it up and realised that it is a gorgeous part of the countryside, checked the diary and found that I'm free that weekend, so filled in the details and I'm in...    

It's the Cotswolds..  it's going to be lovely..  and I'll bet there is an ice-cream van on the way somewhere...  

Dark Vader    pirate
28/11/2012 at 21:02

ok...  lets have a roll call...    who is injured/on the subs bench..?    Who is already training for Paris..?   Who is avoiding training because they have lost their mojo..?

Come on...  fess up..  what are you doing..?

28/11/2012 at 21:11

razdaz - Denmark, another country to the Paris thread list.

DV - Injured with mojo disappearing due to depressing run/jog freeze to death outings that don't seem to be doing any good. Made worse as I know I should be starting training for Paris on Monday and I'm one of those say I'll do something so do it types that gets really annoyed with myself when I don't do them.

Here endth the big moaning gits post.

28/11/2012 at 21:14

injured (if that's the extremely pissed off face) Eggy had my rant for me so I'll just sit here and sulk some some.

28/11/2012 at 21:43

Fit as a fiddle but cba running at the moment. Doing lots of swimming, volleyball, gym classes. But a bit bored of running. The thought of starting another training program next week doesn't fill me with enthusiasm. (Sorry to those who are injured and would love to be out running, but can't). I have a 10 mile race on 9 December, and I'm hoping that will get things kick started. Very busy at work, so that might be part of the problem. And it's dark and cold and wet...

It will pass. I will find my running mojo soon!!!

28/11/2012 at 21:43

Evening - Injured. ITB, with 40 mins of stretching exercises to do four times a day from the running doctor. Did easy 30 mins pain-free on Tuesday and going to try an hour tomorrow. I'm supposed to do a 15-mile recce run on Saturday for the Hadrian's Wall run I'm doing in June, so fingers crossed i'll be okay.

DV - Cotswolds sounds nice.

28/11/2012 at 21:46

Not injured at the moment (he said touching wood). Into week 4 of a 22 week "structured" plan - but my marathon training actually began at the beginning of Oct (so it's really a 26 week plan) - thats the point where i started increasing my mileage to above the "norm" with Paris in mind (even tho i didnt have a place at that point) - still got my mojo for now.

28/11/2012 at 21:57
http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/727962/gallery/hobbes_0.gif?width=350

Edited: 28/11/2012 at 22:02
28/11/2012 at 22:11

Mildly injured (sore ankle) - training for Disney Goofy (mid January) then I'll add speedwork into the mix for Paris.

Good mojo though.

28/11/2012 at 22:33
I went out. And then had mulled wine and a mince pie .Honestly, what a wuss I've turned into since I moved south - I'm considering thermal tights and it's only down to 4 degrees .

Currently more or less functioning, and starting my pre-plan plan this week. Actual 12 week plan starts in Jan - gradually working back up to 35 miles a week by then.

Razdaz - I knocked more than 10 minutes off my PB to go under 4 hours this year - it can be done.
28/11/2012 at 23:13

Injured.

Ill.

Fed up.

In week 2 of training but I've already made the decision to cash in my "extra week".  If I don't sort this I won't bloody well make it to Paris...

28/11/2012 at 23:17
In training and focused
28/11/2012 at 23:18
Not injured
Training for Paris will start straight after I've done the Wiltshire half on Dec 9th.
My mojo is sporadic at best at the moment! Ross is a small town to run in so am utterly bored of running the same routes in the dark every night! Especialy as my last two long steady runs were bumped from the weekend to an evening! Twice round town in the dark with only the rain for company!

Grumble grumble moan moan grumble moan.............
28/11/2012 at 23:19

Ward I'll swap you Ross for my shonky leg and the Taff Trail?

28/11/2012 at 23:23
Just read that comic strip Weedy! I'm giggling like an idiot now
28/11/2012 at 23:27
Yer_maj, ..........erm.......no thanks! Point taken!
28/11/2012 at 23:45

1:30 in the half??

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.