Paris Marathon 2013

...and the beat goes on...

6,441 to 6,460 of 19,623 messages
29/11/2012 at 06:46

DV- Started back training from scratch about 2 months ago after not running for 12 months due to injury/lack of motovation.

Weedy- Using a foam roller along the ITBs and a massage ball/tennis ball through the Gluts. will also quicken recovery.

29/11/2012 at 06:54

Thanks Peter. I've got a roller but I'll try a tennis ball. 12 months sounds like a serious lay-off.

Just waiting for it to get light enough to go out...

29/11/2012 at 07:19

Hot today, 38 degrees.

Was already 30 when I ran at 10am, then had a swim and lay on the beach, great for my old bones.

If you have access to a swimming pool water running using a flotation vest is an alternative training method, incredibly effective.

Dark Vader    pirate
29/11/2012 at 07:33

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/98627/gallery/favre_queen.jpg?width=350

yer_maj wrote (see)

If I don't sort this I won't bloody well make it to Paris...

It's still November and the 'I won't make it  to Paris' line has already been used...  

You'll be fine...   just be patient...  

Dark Vader    pirate
29/11/2012 at 07:38

Christmas Drinkies/Chaos in That There London

Anyone up for a night out and general silliness..?    I know this is the time of year when finding a space in the diary can be almost impossible, but I'm up for some laughs if a few other people can be too....

Any suggestions...?

29/11/2012 at 07:48

Morning all,

Tad effect of CBA but forcing myself out there regardless! Had a work team event last night so am cream crackered this morning.

29/11/2012 at 07:50
DV - would that I lived anywhere near that London. (That sign is very amusing but we're a bit dramatic on here aren't we?!)

Injured, annoyed, stressed, loss of mojo blah blah blah. I'm so bored of hearing me say it... And I still haven't finished P+D yet!
ATM
29/11/2012 at 08:08

38 degrees? My oven doesn't do that.   It is ******* freezing, here! Frost 'n' ice everywhere....but  the sky is red and methinks the sun is about to make this a fab day. I'm off for a run to the seaside..to make sure it's all still there.It will be gorgeous. On with the fleecy tights.BBL

ATM
29/11/2012 at 08:20

Those made me laugh DV and ATM

38 degrees sounds fantastic Peter. Can we all come and stay at your house for a couple of weeks? We won't be any trouble, I promise, and we'll all tidy up after ourselves. Middle two weeks in January work for you? Can you hire a bus to pick us all up at the airport?

29/11/2012 at 08:25

My mojo isn't in too bad shape really all things considered.  Not sure whether I'm injured or not?  I'd like to think of myself as recovering - but today/tomorrow will be the first time I've run on consecutive days since July, was due to last week but felt sore and ended up running only twice all week. At this stage I'm carrying on into training starting next week with a 'lets see what happens' approach.

29/11/2012 at 08:27

I should whisper this but so far I'm doing all right on the injury front.

I've started training for Paris as I've built in a couple of weeks for CBA/Pains & Niggles/Other things. I'm also a bit of a wimp when it comes to going out in heavy rain - once I'm out it's ok but fighting my way across the threshold can be tricky.

I'm doing a bit of 'speedwork' and actually enjoying it. At one point last night I felt like I was flying  Probably didn't look it but half of this running malarky is in the head.

DV - can't make it down to that London place but I'll have a drink remotely

29/11/2012 at 08:33

Cold, ice and even some snow on the ground. Today isn't a bad day not to be able to run.

I can't let yer-maj take the drama queen rap. I must admit now that I've been out for the best part of two months and still seemingly no closer to being able to run again I've been starting to question if I'll be able to run Paris.

29/11/2012 at 08:46
Dark Vader wrote (see)
http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/98627/gallery/favre_queen.jpg?width=350

yer_maj wrote (see)

If I don't sort this I won't bloody well make it to Paris...

It's still November and the 'I won't make it  to Paris' line has already been used...  

You'll be fine...   just be patient...  

Get it RIGHT up you, husband....

I am a drama queen.  I have manflu AND A HURTY LEG....my point being, Mr Sarky Pants, that if I keep running on the oft mentioned HL I'll end up so injured I'll be hopping not running....

Beautiful day here.  But I can't run so I've decided to be miserable instead of enjoying it

29/11/2012 at 09:07

Weedy, the bus will be laid on.

29/11/2012 at 09:20

Air-conditioned I hope Peter. We're not used to that sort of heat.

29/11/2012 at 10:08

DV - in principle i'm up for some London fun but my schedules getting pretty chocca.Let me talk to Mrs C later .... who else is potentially up for it?

29/11/2012 at 10:31

Potentially I am too...would need to be before 13th December though...

29/11/2012 at 11:07

I may down that London on the evening of the 12th but nothing definite.

29/11/2012 at 11:18

I'm all fit and in to my second week of my 20week plan after building base fitness over the last month or so. Feeling good so far but does seem a long road ahead. Definitely have my mojo as determined to finish sub 4!

29/11/2012 at 12:44
DV - I know a few excellent places in Atlanta for some night time silliness.....
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.