Paris Marathon 2013

...and the beat goes on...

6,841 to 6,860 of 19,627 messages
08/12/2012 at 18:09
Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)
Eggyh73 wrote (see)

Although the company CEO was well pished and was telling me I had my pick of jobs towards the end of the night.

Are you sure he wasn't asking where don't you want to go?

Nah, I think he has it in his head that I'm for jumping ship. I guess I don't exude much enthusiasm for my job!

08/12/2012 at 18:40

Anyone else work somewhere that doesn't hold a Christmas do?

DLR - Hopefully it's just something that goes as quickly as it arrived. See what tomorrow brings. I'll keep fingers crossed for you.

08/12/2012 at 19:37
Weedy Kings of Orient Are wrote (see)

Anyone else work somewhere that doesn't hold a Christmas do?

DLR - Hopefully it's just something that goes as quickly as it arrived. See what tomorrow brings. I'll keep fingers crossed for you.

Hopefully so.  Easing - still cant bend or twist.

I do my best to avoid Christmas doos.  Really not my thing at all. This year I had no excuse not to go.

08/12/2012 at 20:05
I always thought td was thread guru/sensei - not thread dad jimbob

@malc - welcome to the thread. I think you just need to up the mileage mate. Your half pb should mean you a sub4 is well within your grasp.

@emmy - yes ashmei do lots of lovely coordinated stuff - although I am very concerned I am coordinating with dlr

Sat at home looking after our youngest while mrs sr and the rest of the family are at the panto.

Realising how garbage tv is
08/12/2012 at 20:19
I hate any doos where it it compulsory to be merry and joyful.
08/12/2012 at 20:19

DLR - Hopefully it will ease as quickly as it came.

Simon - Hopefully nothing too serious!

Atm - re sharing driving with other mums, I am not allowed the privelage of chauffering any kidz but my own due to my epilepsy incase something happens(although it has been under control for yr)so none will take my kidz either.I will need to get a bus time table, although I am not sure about letting a 10 year old go on her own and older child works on Saturdays? Hopefully this will be my last illness for a while.

Eggy -ya she's certainly on form this week.......I am blaming the fact  that my awful sister is home on holiday. She seeems to have the effect of turning my mother into a monster!

BF has confiscated my car...........

Don't think I have watched this much TV in a long time..........time to look out a book I think..........

08/12/2012 at 20:36
resorting to doing work instead
08/12/2012 at 20:50

Kaz - I think you're long overdue some good health and an easy time of it. Here's hoping that it all starts to go well for you soon.

08/12/2012 at 21:45

Simon - hope you manage the Turkey Trot. Or Turkey Walk as the case may be.

09/12/2012 at 00:46

he is that Sleigh for sure .... all seeing/all knowing. Night all - good Luck everyone on their Long Runs and santa dashes and what not tomorrow. I'm up at silly oclock for the usual sunday schlep

ATM
09/12/2012 at 07:19

They won't take yours because you can't take theirs, kaz? ... I hope you get well soon, if only to save you from the telly.

My, this Santa suit is chic....

ATM
09/12/2012 at 08:25

Back seems worse after sleep - difficult to get in/out of bed, twistinging, bending and occassional spasms just walking.  Definitely can't do much today - other than get the hot water bottle back in use

Glad I did a longer run last week - makes this week less important.

And yes, Saturday TV is shite.  I was asleep by 9pm.  With x-factor and Strictly Come Dancing dominating the schedule - it's definitely aimed at the mouth breathers.

09/12/2012 at 08:34
..and an Orbutt in a Pear Tree wrote (see)

Malcs - if you stick around you'll se that DV (Dark Vader) really is crazy.

His exploits are many and legendary, so if you look up crazy in the dictionary it has a special section for DV.

Weedy - No Christmas work do for me either, one of the downsides of working for yourself. Then again I could I have one every day if I wanted to.

Rob - with you on the Saturday night TV. Only alcohol can get you through it. 

Sleigh Runner - cheers, I think it's unanimous, milage upping it is.

09/12/2012 at 09:43

DLR - wow mate, what a shocker. How are you playing it? Are you going to the quacks?

Kaz - good job you got that smashing tele

I'm cashing in one of the spare weeks that I'd allowed as part of my plan. Calf isn't bad but I can feel that it's not right so I'll miss my LSR and wait until Tuesday and see how it goes.

I'm really pi55ed off that the injury was caused outside of training  but I cant wrap myself in cotton wool - after all, it's not breatheable

09/12/2012 at 10:39

Orbutt...I think you'll find that cotton is quite breathable

right, eurostars all booked.  Back on Monday leaving paris at 13:07 if anyone wants to join.

hmm...how about sunday morning TV...Sunday brunch...doyoga - yoga with dogs. hmm.  Wish I could go out for a run!

09/12/2012 at 11:11

Me to RS....

Decided against going to work today, although another day off isnot going to please the bank manager!! The thought of 7am - 6pm was more than enough to convince me to stay in bed! I think I am getting the hang of this rest malarky!!!

TV isn't on today yet............

09/12/2012 at 11:20
RS - thanks for reminding me, I'm now booked on the same one. Quite chuffed to get my out and back tickets for less than ??100 in total this year. Recommend if anyone's thinking of booking they do it ASAP though as prices are going up already.

Kaz - I've had a lazy morning in bed today as well and I don't even have the excuse of being ill. Sometimes it just has to be done.

ATM - how did the Santa race go? Did you manage to keep your trousers up? I seem to remember that being a bit of an issue.
09/12/2012 at 11:35

Malcs - just spotted you're vying for a place in the Target 26.2 team

DLR - sorry to hear it hasn't eased.

And to everyone else on the injury bench - if it's any consolation, at least it's happening now rather than in March. Hope you're all back up and out soon.

ATM
09/12/2012 at 11:38

'morning, all. The Santa run was fun..loads of mini-Santas,a McSanta in a fetching red kilt, Daddy-Santas-pushing-prams and one very glam' Mrs.S in fishnet tights...You're right about the trousers, RR. We abandoned them..

Mr. ATM seems to have won the Man versus trees battle so now for the decorations....I think I might hang up my medals.

Sympathies for all on the injury bench.

ATM
09/12/2012 at 12:04
Another 16 in the can. Calf a bit sore, so maybe overcooked it today, it was a little quick.Gonna massage it and rest it.

Anyone getting Eurostar out to Paris on the Saturday morning at 7.30am?
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.