Paris Marathon 2013

...and the beat goes on...

6,981 to 7,000 of 19,622 messages
11/12/2012 at 23:46

Nice 9 miles this afternoon. SLightly chilly by our standards.

The Garnin 910XT has a barometric sensor, to elevations are "true" and thus on Garmin Connect the elevation correction is turned off by default.

Here is today's run as recorded by the barometer:

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/698298/gallery/elev1_0.png?width=350

And here it is with elevation correction enabled:

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/698298/gallery/elev2.png?width=350

This second version is correct.

Amazing how the baromteric sensor could be so wrong! 

12/12/2012 at 05:07

Good Morning,

Dodgy stomach, so no sleep!

TD - Hope all goes ok today.

Dannirr - ?? Strange.

Its going to be a very long day.

12/12/2012 at 06:48
Awww...look at the bunnies .

Good luck today TD and hope your stomach settles down Kaz.

I've been out to check, and Paris is definitely still here. Brisk trot round the Eiffel Tower this morning in the perishing cold.
12/12/2012 at 07:05
Daddsy wrote (see)

Got the eurostar booked up, going out at 9:31 on Saturday, heading back Monday evening. Hoping this gives me time to get my race number etc.

You're on the party train with me and RR. We'll look after you.

Weedy Kings of Orient Are wrote (see)
http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/748808/gallery/68302626.jpg?width=350

I know that bench!  It's in Geneva.  I watched them fire cannons over it for the Geneva festival of "not getting invaded".

DLR - good to see the plugs are taking well.

DV - wise words, wise words.  Yoda are you.  Went to see the physio again last night and they confirmed I need to get myself running properly but first have to take it easy to get sorted.  Lots of strength training and physio exercises in my future.  Now to find something to entertain me during this time...any suggestions?

RR - we got all enthusiastic but then forgot about tonight.  We should have a little drinkie sometime...anyone around next week?

Bunniesss sooooo cute! but evil, pure, pure evil!!  They're the #2 pest in NZ after those australians (seriously, possums are the #1 pest).

12/12/2012 at 08:34

Well said DV!

TD - good luck for the injection this morning

Weedy - You do have a knack for finding great pictures!

RS - Good luck for the strength exercises. I normally do them in front of a movie to take my mind off it!

Sorry for a bit out of it lately - work has been full on I'm lurking a lot but not finding the time to reply!

12/12/2012 at 08:46

TD - Good luck today.

RR - Good to know Paris is still there!

Kaz - I hope you're feeling better soon.

Despite the madness of the Paris thread I think "I know that bench!" may actually be the maddest thing I've read on here!

Edited: 12/12/2012 at 08:46
ATM
12/12/2012 at 09:07

Oh, look!

ATM
12/12/2012 at 09:19
Reindeer Salad wrote (see)

I know that bench!  It's in Geneva.  I watched them fire cannons over it for the Geneva festival of "not getting invaded".

Well done RS. You win the prize in the inaugural Paris Thread Benches of the World Quiz. Okay, now for the next one. First person to recognise this one...

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/748808/gallery/weird-eating-bench.jpg?width=350

By the way, love the idea of a Not Getting Invaded Festival.

12/12/2012 at 09:24

Kaz - hope you're okay

12/12/2012 at 09:35

ATM - yes, smilies have gone festive! On another thread I had set myself the task of using all the smilies by noon today. So I wasn't happy to see them add another 20 of them yesterday, just as the finish line was in sight!

Look at them all mocking me with their little santa hats... 

12/12/2012 at 09:40

my very own smilies!!

12/12/2012 at 10:14

There's something really quite disturbing about that bench...

Dark Vader    pirate
12/12/2012 at 10:14

Dannirr..  TMB are in Atlanta this evening...    are you able to go..?

It will be a glimpse into my life...   

Edited: 12/12/2012 at 10:16
12/12/2012 at 10:22

...and that is an excellent reason to not go.....

12/12/2012 at 11:04

Morning all. Benchtastic photo Weedy. No idea. Looks like a mouthful of splinters to me.

Oh - my - word. I can't describe the pain that injection of gel was this morning. It started with a painkilling injection, easy enough. Then the doc said my knee looked a little 'tight'. 'Not much room in there'. Then he started pumping this gel in and apparently it was not very viscous and wasn't spreading out around the joint. I thought my kneecap was going to explode.

I don't let out a full scale scream but I have some pretty full-on bite marks on my lip. He looked a little shocked - maybe  because I was being such a drip - or possibly because he could see that even 15 minutes later, all the nerves in my leg were still firing off and I was shaking.

On the positive side, he encouraged me to start doing some gentle running after Christmas to see how the knee is responding. Who knows, there could be some running future yet. Happy day to you all.

12/12/2012 at 11:29

Ooooft that sounds pretty brutal TD.  Fingers crossed it does the trick though...

You'd best have a word with DV beforee you go out for a run...

12/12/2012 at 11:50
Tricky Dicky¹ wrote (see)

On the positive side, he encouraged me to start doing some gentle running after Christmas to see how the knee is responding.

Glad to know that there is a positive side.Hopefully, we will meet on a starting line somehwere.

12/12/2012 at 12:00

Sounds V positive TD. That manufacturer's guarantee's rock solid I'd say.

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/748808/gallery/l1048b62.jpg?width=350

12/12/2012 at 12:25

Where do you find these things, Weedy!?

TD - sorry to hear about the pain. Here's hoping that it gets better

Kaz - hope you're feeling better today?

I personally love the   they're not very inventive though...

12/12/2012 at 12:28
yer_maj wrote (see)

You'd best have a word with DV beforee you go out for a run...

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/748808/gallery/er-uk-style1.jpg?width=350

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.