Paris Marathon 2013

...and the beat goes on...

7,341 to 7,360 of 19,623 messages
ATM
19/12/2012 at 22:37

Early- xmas -morning 10k race ...'Only 2 of us so a podium place is pretty much on the cards.. We will be wearing Santa suits. It's unlikely that anyone will see us...er...maybe some cows..

Go, Eggy!

ATM
19/12/2012 at 22:50
Christmas day planning a morning run then over to my sisters to cook dinner. Other than that nothing planned. Hopefully fit enough to get plenty of running in.

ATM - That sounds like a fun run.
Edited: 19/12/2012 at 22:51
19/12/2012 at 23:04
I'd like at least to do some running next week. This week so far has been a(nother) bust.

Eggy - let me know if you're going to be in Edinburgh. I'm looking forward to it.

Christmas - soon!
19/12/2012 at 23:20

Iain - I'll let you know this weekend. I'll see how I feel after attempting another decent run. Although it's just a 5km, so I think I should be fine.

Edited: 19/12/2012 at 23:21
Dark Vader    pirate
20/12/2012 at 04:36

Morning..   it's KOC and raining really hard here...   I'm trying to do some work before heading out for the day...   yesterday was insane driving..  the traffic was horrendous, even just locally in town...

Thanks for the additional comments about the web site...  it's taking shape...

I'm finishing work on Friday and then off until 3rd January...   I've stil got my decent run to fit in at some stage and it will probably have to wait until next week.

20/12/2012 at 06:31

Assuming all is well I'll be doing long run on 23rd, gym early doors on 24th (bit of a tradition for me), tempo run Christmas morning, easy run boxing day etc.  Unfortunately I comfort eat when injured and dread to think what current weight will be, but hope to take it easy for the few days ahead of Christmas and for a couple of the days betwen then and New year then it really must be a monastic existence through January.

20/12/2012 at 06:35

Its horrendous out there today........and I am supposed to be doing a MLSR?? It was only supposed to be 12 miles but even that in the gales and torrential rain is looking unlikely Do I really want to do 12 miles on the treadmill???

Glad to see your on the mend DLR and Eggy.

20/12/2012 at 07:08

DV - THe women's running tips video has to be done with a fetching blonde wig and examples of good fitting sports bras.  You know us women won't listen to advice unless it's from one of our own.

There's something else I really wanted to comment on but I've forgotten.

I'll be waking up in a Berber camp in the sahara desert on christmas day, riding my camel (really not a euphemism) out to the roads and then toodling around seeing more old shit.

and incase you think I'm too smug.  Haven't run in a month and a half, can only manage 20 mins walking on the dreadmill and am going nucking futs! (loving how the angry ones have black santa hats.

also, if anyone's looking for an adult appropriate christmas DVD, Bad Santa is your only choice.

20/12/2012 at 07:28

RS:  keep the faith, my first totally niggle free trott after the hamstring tear and achilles tenderness, was at beginning of december - the 1st to be precise, bascially 3 months after injury.  But now all working and speed coming back!!! 

Howver looking out the window not going to trott in the wind and rain that is with us in Jersey at the moment, going to do the hill dreadie workout from that lovely man that is DV

Will be trotting christmas eve with friends, christmas day at about 5am as this is the only time I can put my childrens (I use the term very loosely) stockings on their beds as they go to bed far too late for this santa, so am up any way and I find it fantastic to run at that time peace reigns over the earth.  Then boxing day am doing a 12 - 14 miler!!!!  then will rest for a couple of days!!!!  Boxing dfay will be my longest run since 4 september - oh happy days.

Stay dry I would advise Kaz - looking nasty out there.

20/12/2012 at 07:38

Hi PF - Glad to see your back!!

I think I am with you, and it will be the dreadmill..........I might as well run on the spot and stay dry as opposed to running on the spot in the wind and rain!!! No matter how much effort I put in I don't think there is much chance of me moving in 60mph winds(according to the met office just now)!!

20/12/2012 at 07:59
Had a running dream last night ..... more to follow
20/12/2012 at 08:00
Reindeer Salad wrote (see)

DV - THe women's running tips video has to be done with a fetching blonde wig and examples of good fitting sports bras.  You know us women won't listen to advice unless it's from one of our own.

Or get DLR and his corset?

RR - how's the superglue doing?

20/12/2012 at 08:12
Weedy - only worked for about a week or so and toenail and I have now parted company. . However it was a casualty of Amsterdam in October, so at least the replacement is growing back. Apologies if anyone's eating breakfast.

PF - good to have you back, and raring to go by the sound of things.

DV - what's your definition of a 'decent run'?

I'll be doing a medium-length run on Sunday, a token gesture on Christmas Day, and maybe something short and brisk on Boxing Day. There's a parkrun on Christmas Day, but I think I'll give it a miss.
20/12/2012 at 08:45

Kaz - After a chest infection. A boring dry treadmill run would be better than fighting wind and rain. Take it easy until you're back at 100%.

RR - At least you lost the nail to a good cause!

RS - Hope you're off the bench soon. I know full well that the longer without running I go the more crazy I get!

Plus the DVD call is wrong. The Christmas DVD line up is as follows:

1. It's a Wonderful Life (Honest I'm not crying, someone just pepper sprayed me)

2. The Muppets Christmas Carol (The definitive version as Dickens intended)

3. Die Hard (It's set at a Christmas party so it counts!)

4. Elf (Because the yellow ones don't stop)

5. Scrooged (The version Dickens would have written if he was badly hung over)

20/12/2012 at 09:00

Eggy - no, no, no.  Have you seen Bad Santa?  I can't believe that you've seen it and haven't got it on your list.  It's wrong in soooo many ways but also very sweet.

20/12/2012 at 09:09

77 more training runs to go

20/12/2012 at 09:10

I have seen it. It's a good film, but I'd take my list over it. If it's on TV this year I'll probably end up watching it right enough.

20/12/2012 at 09:10

I told a work colleague I was going to do a run on xmas day - got called scrooge for some reason.

20/12/2012 at 09:23

I find a great many films leave me pepper sprayed nowadays...

20/12/2012 at 09:28
I'd have to add Gremlins to the christmas films list
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.