Paris Marathon 2013

...and the beat goes on...

7,821 to 7,840 of 19,623 messages
01/01/2013 at 22:12
Away in T' Manger.. wrote (see)

* Earth to Jimbob...struggle run or LSR? *

couldn't quite work out where you were coming from there ATM but i did have a late night with "some" alcoholic refreshment, and went out this evening for what i call a "compromise run" which is half way between the two - pretty hidious though in the dark - was such a lovely day earler today in London so i dropped a bollock there - although suprisingly pacey 18.6km so it more mileage in the bank i spose.

Dannirr some pretty cool photos coming from you on fuzzbook- hope you are enjoying your vacation.

Kaz1 - Appendix dude? i had mine out when i was 7 - nasty. get well soon love - stay off the hossy grub and get the other half to bring you in a dominos and some giant buttons xx

happy new year and happy training all

Edited: 01/01/2013 at 22:18
01/01/2013 at 23:21

Nice looking truffles Dannir

oh Kaz. My christmas was ruined a few years ago when I got appedicites age 45! Came out of hospital on Christmas eve and spend Christmas day in bed- very wierd.

No resolutions here but started the New Year with a run up Skiddaw this morning which I've planned for months. A pretty scary experience, but I was the first person at the summit in 2013 which is a nice feeling.

Happy New year to all and good luck with your running plans and targets. 

01/01/2013 at 23:49

just watching the Marley doccy that was released last year. I recommend it highly.Very cool.

02/01/2013 at 06:51
OO ly Night wrote (see)

Nice looking truffles Dannir

forum love is very unique.

Dannirr - hee hee hee, you're gas rated?  That balloon set-up is just frigging awesome.

and for the lastish time SQUIRRELLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Dark Vader    pirate
02/01/2013 at 07:44

Dannirr...   that is a super photo...!   

Update for you with the new beginners web site...    I have done nothing to it over the xmas period, obviously, and its now a little late getting completed.  I need it done ASAP.    The quotes are looking great but there were so many that I have had to thin it down..  so..  there are now 5 on the beginners page and 4 on the novice page.   The designer wants to give them names...   but I'd rather put a thumbnail size image with them.   I can't remember who said what now as I simply copied and pasted them. 

So.... 

Those of you who kindly allowed me to use your comments, would you mind if I used your image from ATM's Who's Who page..?   No name..  just a thumbnail size image..?   It would just make it more real....

If you have a better running photo that you'd like to donate, please PM me and we can establish email contact.

Many thanks.

02/01/2013 at 07:57

DV - My photo on ATM's page is about as good as it gets  Publish and be damned

02/01/2013 at 08:20
Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)
Marathon Maus wrote (see)
Anyone else willing to 'fess up to a new year's resolution - running related or otherwise. I have 2: to keep a running diary and to read a poem every day.

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/727962/gallery/resolutions.jpg?width=350

I completely agree to this  I've still not made any resolutions... i've just not had the time to!

Eggyh73 wrote (see)

I'm off for a lie down after suffering what must be the modern day version of the Spanish inquisition from my friends wife.

You poor thing.

@DV - you're more than welcome to use mine if you want a shot.

I spent yesterday with family getting a literal grilling because I wasn't drinking alcohol. I've heard everything from "i'm pregnant", "i'm trying to get pregnant" and not the obvious... I've got two marathons this weekend and alcohol dehydrates you

I hope everyone else is having a good start to the year!

02/01/2013 at 08:34
Weedy: you are indeed perfect in every way. Me on the other hand...I have to start with small things as I'm so rubbish at keeping resolutions!
Eggy: was there a theme to the inquisition?
RS: I'm going to have to watch UP just to get the squirrel joke!
Oh gawd Emmy: you poor thing.
Dannirr: those are gorgeous photos.
DV: you've reminded me - must send ATM a suitable pic - hate having photos taken.

Had a scorching run today. I'm going to have to abandon lunch time runs for the next week or so. 38 degrees (celsius) predicted for Friday and Saturday here. Yuck!
02/01/2013 at 08:47

@Maus - 38'c?! That's insanely hot! Will it likely improve soon?

02/01/2013 at 08:58
Yep. 37 on Friday. 38 Saturday. Down to 32/33 early next week, and then back up to 37 Tuesday for the rest of next week.
02/01/2013 at 09:23

It's currently 5'c in Brussels and our office hearing is not working 

02/01/2013 at 09:30

Morning all,

Finally got round to signing up for my third Paris Marathon, thought I would join in the Banter.

Hello all.

02/01/2013 at 09:48

Hi Nathan, how's it going.

MM - If only I was perfect. Sadly, I've a long, long way to go. 38 degrees - ouch.

DV - not sure you'll want to use my photo. Aside from my ugly mug, the painful grimace isn't exactly the best advert for running.

Danni - fantastic pictures.

Emmy - think your resolution needs to be to stop entering marathons

02/01/2013 at 09:50

Not bad thanks Weedy. Decided to make it third time lucky in Paris this year. Good excuse for a weekend away

Hows you?

02/01/2013 at 09:53
Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)

DV - not sure you'll want to use my photo. Aside from my ugly mug, the painful grimace isn't exactly the best advert for running.

Emmy - think your resolution needs to be to stop entering marathons

I wouldn't say that about pictures. I think a strong grimace shows that you're tough ... it's better than some of mine where i'm seen with a beer glass in my hand!

RE: Resolutions... well what about half marathons?  Although saying that a friend of mine has just posted a link to the 55 marathons she's planning in 2013 so I don't think I'm doing too bad in comparison!

@Dannirr - I think I need to move to your side of the pond. Those photos are beautiful!

@Nathan - Welcome to the mad house. Can you post your number/starting colour? Then the List fairy will be along to add to it. How's your training coming along?

Edited: 02/01/2013 at 09:54
02/01/2013 at 09:55
Weedy: Who wants to be perfect anyway? I'd rather "endearingly quirky" anyday (humph, wishful thinking!).

By the way, that mag cover of YM was beautiful.

And YM: the joy on your face in that photo is radiant.
02/01/2013 at 09:57

I agree with MM - the Magazine covers are fantastic Weedy! You've got some talent!

02/01/2013 at 10:02

@Emmy - Numéro de dossard : 9072

Yellow Bib - aiming for 3:10:00 - 3:15:00

02/01/2013 at 10:09
Emmy: 55? That's over one a week! They must already be training at a high level.

There was a story in the news here about a couple in their 60s running a marathon each day this year to go around Australia. Pretty inspiring stuff. Their aim is to raise awareness of healthy lifestyle choices.

I'd like to do another half, but I'm waiting until my relocation is sorted. And I think I'd like to do the Isle of Man marathon in August once I'm there! Would love some company!

My hurty calf has returned. Out with the OROD.

Welcome Nathan - as Emmy said, tell us about your training and goal!
02/01/2013 at 10:10

Nathan - welcome to the Pleasure Dome

Maus - you'll be missing 38 degrees when you get to IOM.

Emmy - so, are you pregnant?

Emmy H wrote (see)

It's currently 5'c in Brussels and our office hearing is not working 

at least you've got your heating, eh? I SAID, AT LEAST YOU'VE GOT YOUR HEATING!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.