Paris Marathon 2013

...and the beat goes on...

7,841 to 7,860 of 19,623 messages
02/01/2013 at 10:16
..and an Orbutt in a Pear Tree wrote (see)

Emmy H wrote (see)

It's currently 5'c in Brussels and our office hearing is not working 

at least you've got your heating, eh? I SAID, AT LEAST YOU'VE GOT YOUR HEATING!!

Welcome to the thread Nathan, have you done Paris before?

02/01/2013 at 10:17

Training is going well. I am usually a triathlete but do my serious base endurance training between November and Febuary.

Then I will start with speed sessions etc in the pre season phase. Cut the mileage but increase intensity.

Aiming for a 3:10:00 in Paris based on a three run per week strategy (including 3 swims, 3 bikes and a weights session and a brick session)

Long runs are already up to 16 miles and feeling good, no niggles currently which is nice.

All in all - happy days

02/01/2013 at 10:18

@ Dirty Leeds Rob - Yes mate. I have completed Paris twice before - fastest to date is 3:21 back in 2009. Since which i shiofted focus from ruinning to triathlon and cut my distances. Aiming for a clean sweep of PB's this year though.

02/01/2013 at 10:22
Marathon Maus wrote (see)
Emmy: 55? That's over one a week! They must already be training at a high level.

I'd like to do another half, but I'm waiting until my relocation is sorted. And I think I'd like to do the Isle of Man marathon in August once I'm there! Would love some company!

I'd love to do the IOM marathon. I've heard some great things about it but getting there is a bit of a hassle.

They're running roughly a marathon a week but they have a few quadzilla's/double marathons in the mix as well.

..and an Orbutt in a Pear Tree wrote (see)

Emmy - so, are you pregnant?

Emmy H wrote (see)

It's currently 5'c in Brussels and our office hearing is not working 

at least you've got your heating, eh? I SAID, AT LEAST YOU'VE GOT YOUR HEATING!!

Lol.  You can tell i've not had my coffee yet can't you?

Nope. Not preggers.... no plan to get that way in the foreseeable future (I have too many marathons to run )

@Nathan - Are you doing any tri's as training/cross training?

02/01/2013 at 10:35

Triathlon is my main focus. I am GB Age Group and competing from May - Sept.

I will be doing Duathlons from Feb - April in addition to run training.... no open water swims though - toooo cold until April

02/01/2013 at 10:52
Nathan, you'll be able to run the marathon twice before I'm done

Emmy: have a coffee for me - I've given it up and gee I miss it. Not just the caffeine hit, that's fine (now! Was a bit hairy for a few days), but the ritual of it all, the smell, the sound of beans grinding and milk frothing.

You're right - IOM is going to be pretty isolated. But I'm super excited. Packing, planning and sorting continues apace.

Orbutt: I can honestly say I will not miss 38 degrees. I know, I know: never say never!
02/01/2013 at 10:57

Orbutt, Leeds Rob - that joke just had to be made   I'll see if i can plough that furrow one more time...

Welcome to the thread Nathan.  HAVE YOU RUN A MARATHON BEFORE?   How is the hearing in your office now Emmy?

OK, off to the gym to try and see if I can reignite some achey muscles.

02/01/2013 at 11:00

TD - What? What did you say?... I can't hear you as it's so cold in here 

Dark Vader    pirate
02/01/2013 at 11:06

wowwee..    just had a brilliant run coaching session...  its so rewarding to see progress being made...  will video next week and post the links so you can see what I'm doing...   it's really good fun too.  

02/01/2013 at 11:15
DV: was thinking about Marianne today. How's she going?
ATM
02/01/2013 at 13:35

IOM is not isolated, MM. you can get a RIB ( rubber dingy thingy) to Northern Ireland... On a clear day, my various inlaws  could wave to you...

Meanwhile , here's MM herself...

Welcome to the thread, Nathan.You'll be dangerously close to picking up the tab for a round of drinks as the fastest finisher...* psst...Paris Tri Registration opens next Monday. Just saying...*

ATM
02/01/2013 at 13:36

DV - Feel free to use my ugly mug if you wish.

Marathon Maus wrote (see)
Eggy: was there a theme to the inquisition?

To cut a long story short. I'd said I hadn't made any New Years resolutions at which point I got told mine should be to find a good lady, which then resulted in me being given an incredibly large list of instructions of things I need to change in order for that to happen. Much to the amusement of my mate who sat laughing through the entire process. The git!

ATM
02/01/2013 at 13:45

Considering the length of the list, the Rogues' Gallery   is looking a bit sparse...Any shrinking violets out there who want their photo added ?  *jpeg, with bib number, time goal and any words of wisdom to me, please and I'll upload .*

ATM
02/01/2013 at 14:11

ATM - you're getting such a good gallery of pictures! It's great to look at... but I think that i'll need to improve my picture somewhat!

ATM
02/01/2013 at 14:14

Emmy, the' Thread Nudes' are much more interesting but the link to that album gets blocked...

ATM
02/01/2013 at 14:23

This year, the kids are coming with us (I think I am going to need all the support I can get!). Can anybody recommend a hotel with big rooms (2 adults + 2 kids)?

I started to look at Citadines flat but it is quite expensive.

02/01/2013 at 14:51

Emmy - don't they know the best way to get pregnant is to drink more alcohol, not less?

Dark Vader    pirate
02/01/2013 at 18:17

Weedy and Emmy..   your photos have a watermark on them and I'm not allowed to use or crop them...   do you have an alternative image I can use..?   Just needs to be a head and shoulders shot, or one that can be cropped...

02/01/2013 at 19:01

Ok so a few hours to get before I become a V50

02/01/2013 at 19:39
HOME!!!!!

I am not allowed to do anything, but that's good cos it hurts tooooo much to
Move!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.