04/01/2013 at 09:06
Gaaaaaaaahhhhhh!
I am indescribably furious.
Gaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!

Thank you. Rant over.
ATM
04/01/2013 at 09:24

Good luck , Emmy.Here's a photo of Simon   to inspire you

kaz, I hope you're feeling a bit better. ...'especially cos I'm about to email you 100 questions about camping etc in the Orkneys...* No, not me! *

ATM
04/01/2013 at 10:18

Wassup Mausey?!  Hey, wishing you the best of times in Milton Keynes this weekend Emmy - hope that gets through my computer's 'irony-filter'.

Simon - are you a flasher by any chance?

04/01/2013 at 10:19
Hi,

Am 'ok'. I actually went a walk this morning,a very short one! BF not amused about it- well he should have been up then I wouldn't o felt the need to go out with the dog!

ATM - no bother!

Of to stay at mums today until Bf returns home on Sunday..... Should be interesting!
04/01/2013 at 10:50
Kaz: great to hear you're home and on the mend. I am sending good vibes your way!

TD: parents are having a go at me about my upcoming relocation. I knew it would come, so I shouldn't be surprised. I want to be an adult and respond respectfully, but at the moment I just want to scream. They've made it abundantly clear that my decision is just the next in a long line of life decisions that proves I am an incapable, inferior and disappointing offspring. And before you say, "wow, that's some toxic burden you're carrying. You should seek some help." - never fear! It is toxic and I do seek help. Regularly. Most of the time, I can put it aside, laugh and not let it bother me, but, I'm under a bit of stress at the moment and it's got to me.
04/01/2013 at 11:29

MM - Hopefully you are ok. I'm sure much of their rant is because they'll miss you. I know the barrage parents can dish out at times. My mum perfected the classic case of slagging the child off in front of her while praising their siblings, but reversing that when confronted with the other siblings. I think the two most common lines I got as a kid was "pick a window you're leaving" and "there must have been a mix up at the hospital as you're no kid of mine".

Kaz - Take it easy you. Although I do say that as someone who sneaked out to a football match two hours after getting out of hospital after getting my appendix removed when I was 16. The only time I've ever winced when the Bankies scored! 

04/01/2013 at 11:44
Hey Eggy: thanks for your kind words.

Honestly. Parents. Who'd have 'em?
04/01/2013 at 11:45

MM-Look in the mirror, are you proud of what you see, only you can truely judge yourself.

04/01/2013 at 12:09

Eggy - I know that well!! Mine still does it most of the time...........I think just now is the only time I have ever been the 'perfect' daughter!

MM - You are a truly wonderful person, that your parents are disappointed to be losing to the other side of the world.........

04/01/2013 at 14:04

Mausy - Balls to what your parents are saying.  you're alright in my book.

RS - Hovis test.  The adverts used to have the strap line 'as good now as it's always been'.

Weedy - I've got 'the stick' which is similar to the tigertail and it's pretty good, and has the advantage of being pretty portable.

One for the Caledonian massive:

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/94077/gallery/71565_525138834183468_145956635_n.jpg?width=350

04/01/2013 at 15:01

Scuffle is too similar to rammie. Really should have a chibbing option for Strathclyde. Plus they spelt Polis wrong!

Taggart always made me laugh. Only posh folk got murdered and they sent round Maryhill CID! Really should have been some hiedcase up a tenement close from Possil.

ATM
04/01/2013 at 16:45

I love 'Taggart'...comedy accents and all. My favourite take-off is an old ' Naked Video' (?) sketch where the original T was in a bar and the barmaid, trying to place his..er...particular  accent asks ' What part of Glasgow are you actually from, Inspector Taggart?' and he answers....

'Bulgaria'..

And you're right, Eggy. All the corpses are pretty posh.We should be safe to walk the streets, then...

'spectacularly slow 22.4k for me. Infuriatingly, considering I was dressed for....Scotland in January, the sun came out and I was baking under my balaclava. The sea looked nice, though.

MM, they'll be studying flight schedule from Oz to Douglas...

ATM
04/01/2013 at 17:13

They missed out stushie...

04/01/2013 at 18:00
ATM - I don't think a photo of me showing my skinny pale legs will ever inspire anyone. Frighten maybe. I do look a bit like a flasher....
04/01/2013 at 18:40
Eggy - I'm afraid I didn't understand a word of your last missive

Off to Edinburgh just now. Weather doesn't seem so bad for tomorrow... I hope!
04/01/2013 at 18:52
Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)

Off to Edinburgh just now.

That explains why you didn't understand a word....

04/01/2013 at 19:08
Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)

Iain - me too, so I ran it through Google translate and here's what pops out the other end

"Dogfight is too similar to Rammie. Indeed it should be possible chibbing Strathclyde. In addition, they policy with errors! Taggart always made me laugh. People just snob was murdered, and they sent round Maryhill CID! Some really mad building near Possil."

04/01/2013 at 19:39
I understand you Eggy.....
04/01/2013 at 20:14
I used to live round the corner from Ian Rankin, and for that reason I've never read any of the Rebus books, because I didn't fancy reading about gruesome murders set in the places I went every day. Eventually there was a real murder nearby (including severed body parts found in a wheelie bin), and apparently Ian Rankin was spotted peering over the wall, taking notes .
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.