Paris Marathon 2013

...and the beat goes on...

8,501 to 8,520 of 19,622 messages
20/01/2013 at 20:24

he's probably got a few million tucked away in the Caymen islands!

20/01/2013 at 20:27

on a completely different subject, when (if any) will there be another (thread) get-together prior to Paris. Feel i want to have a couple of drinks/break more bread with you guys (whoevers about). I don't have aparticular day in mind but if any of the non London folk from afar are making it to the Big Smoke in the next couple of months we could try to organise something maybe? ?  just throwing it out there ......

20/01/2013 at 20:29

TJB - You could all head north and visit me?? We dont have any snow??

20/01/2013 at 20:38

Kazza - just double checking Stromness on Google Maps - wasn't quite sure how far up the Orkneys were - turns out they're north of John o Groats! Wow - ive seen those places on TV and they look just Beautiful. If i ever make it up there i will be looking you up.

20/01/2013 at 20:45

lol JTB, yes we are quite far north indeed!! And it is beautiful here if somewhat isolated at times. You are more than welcome anytime.

20/01/2013 at 20:57

Belated birthday wishes DV.

I think we all admired Lance at some stage and it's hard for some to give up on those memories. The important thing is not that he will get his punishment (which I'm sure he will), it's what his punishment will teach us all. I watched neither interview because he is not deserving of any of my time.

21 miles for me today, my longest so far in the VLM campaign. This was to overcome the disappointment of my race today (the York Brass Monkey) being cancelled due to snow.

20/01/2013 at 21:31
TD - great progress indeed. I had wee peek at your run. Did you vary the pace deliberately, or were you aiming for constant effort and the terrain dictated pace? Just being nosy. I ran the same distance but tried to maintain an even pace, apart from on a couple of hills and for warm-up, cool-down.

Well done on 21 miles OO. Great effort in these conditions.
20/01/2013 at 21:54
21/01/2013 at 00:59
RS - these people think of everything!

Saw Django Unchained tonight. It rocks.
21/01/2013 at 06:25
Simon, pretty much constant effort. Very difficult to keep pace on the hills as there just wasn't enough grip. And I was tired at the end so I guess pace dropped off in combination with even sloppier conditions. My hamstrings in particular are aching this morning so good sign that I've worked hard.
21/01/2013 at 06:41

some weather in the North East today. Glad I'm on a rest day

21/01/2013 at 07:33

OO:  excellent 21 miler today, shame about your race: 

Thought this might all make you smile, me and some friends having some fun yesterday!!!

Enjoy!!  Am the one in the blue long top with pink arms in the group crossing the line arms aloft!!!

21/01/2013 at 07:34

Now why didn't that work!!!  will try again

Dark Vader    pirate
21/01/2013 at 07:42

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/98627/gallery/img_2879.jpg?width=350

It's a bit snowy in our back garden...   as it is everywhere...   

21/01/2013 at 07:49
   Jersey Adventures posted in Jersey Tough Guy Balls of     Steel Race                    

Jersey         Adventures

20 January 15:33

Young Brad Rose made this       short summary of the race - more piccies to follow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkoTEOkgfZs&feature=player_embedded

Jersey         Tough Guy Balls Of Steel Race

www.youtube.com

Back         by popular demand ... Longer, tougher and better than ever.

21/01/2013 at 07:51

Apart from here DV!!! We are back to normal - torrential rain and gales

Junior has had a major freak out this morning, and all about taking her contact solution to Paris No matter what I say she ain't taking it in! Hopefully just Monday morning syndrome!!

21/01/2013 at 08:32

Iain - I plan to see Django Unchained sometime over the next couple of weeks. Lincon is out soon too, which also looks interesting.

No snow here either. It's bloody freezing outside though.

21/01/2013 at 08:47

Here's a story to warm the 'cockles of your heart'. If you aren't British, I'm sorry, I can offer no explanation for this idiom. Just read the story. A very good man.

Princess - sorry But I can't make miuch sense of what you posted and i can see you tried a few times!

OO - 21 miles. So you're taking VLM seriously this year and aren't planning on collapsing over the line and getting laughed at by Steve Cram again?

21/01/2013 at 08:57
TD - great story, interesting reactions to his most honest gesture.

Eggy - it's too long but fun. No one makes movies like Quentin and some of it is incredibly funny. Grand cinema.
ATM
21/01/2013 at 09:16

It's snowing! *'Can't help it. It still excites me. 'comes from living next to a Primary school, I think. The kids have been shrieking  and laughing for ages...*

The yaktrax hunt is on...

ATM
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.