Paris Marathon 2013

...and the beat goes on...

8,661 to 8,680 of 19,622 messages
24/01/2013 at 08:51
YM - you say that, but you actually used to have 3 legs, didn't you?
24/01/2013 at 08:56

Thanks for the advice Emmy and RR (? my poor legs and lungs).

Feel a lot better this morning so will go out tonight. Just needed a rest.

I am generally following the plan. But I am missing out the 3 mile slow run the day before the long slow run due to time contraints and not wanting to overdo it.

We will see. Feel fitter than ever.

One of the reasons I have resisted offer to do tris is down to the front crawl. Can't stand it. Feel like I am drowning. Although my sister in law got some lessons from the gym she is at and she is now gliding through the water like a big cod. 

24/01/2013 at 08:56

I should also thank the others for their kind words of encouragement. Thanks.

24/01/2013 at 09:08
Running Rodent wrote (see)
YM - you say that, but you actually used to have 3 legs, didn't you?

Did RR just call yer_maj a transvestite?

24/01/2013 at 09:13

I've been called worse....

ATM
24/01/2013 at 09:16

Oh, I think we need some light relief...

DLR's coming to the Finest City in Europe, this weekend.'Can't wait to see how the 3/4 lycra tights go down, locally. * Gorgeous! Gorgeous, R! We want our roses to look at you...*

ATM
24/01/2013 at 14:50

Love it ATM.  Hope everyone is okay and surviving the weather?  We have had plenty snow, I've been comedy jogging and mostly on the cross trainer, but thankfully it's gone/almost now so have been out in those trainers.  Bought myself some snow chains for them, and can't wait for them to come - typically it won't snow again.

Has anyone got a garmin forerunner 405cx??  I have one but it's being a pain, I've lost the manual on the computer and can't reset the split times when I upload, it only gives me the start and finish.  I like to see how I do each KM.  Any takers on this one?  Thanks in advance. 

Off skiing on Sat for a week, so if the chains come tomorrow then I will take them and run up an Alp....LOL. 

24/01/2013 at 15:51

finally managed my first decent interval session since just before xmas. Did a nice easy 4.5 miles into work this morning then out round Regents park for 8.5 miles doing 2 minute sprints all over the shop! came back for a good stretch and a carb load so need to see how the calf feels later today and tomorrow. Funny that the Kiwi lady calls the Doggy Paddle "Doggie style" - i'm so Carry On and it made me chuckle! - Freestyle is what proper swimmers do right? - front crawl is the one i struggle with.

I'd love to move onto triathlons in a few years (the ones with the 10K runs) - marathon training just takes over yer bloody life.

Edited: 24/01/2013 at 15:54
24/01/2013 at 17:29
Onetit - here you go:

http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/Forerunner405_OwnersManual.pdf
24/01/2013 at 17:31
First day off work in a while (ok, aside from a trip to Disney) - nice short speed session that leaves me feeling quite invigorated. Fun.
24/01/2013 at 17:43

A gorgeous day here, no wind,  dry but  very cold with lots of icy patches.

8 miles of walking done with a couple of 0.5miles jogs. All felt ok,  but a bit tender now. Not be trying any more for a few days.

TJB - I fancy triathlons too but I am even worse at swimming than I am at running and cycling so no much chance!!

24/01/2013 at 17:57
I start triathlons when I couldn't swim a length properly. No excuse

Managed a gentle bimble today
24/01/2013 at 18:10
I have persevered with the swimming and, at last, it is starting to come together. Did 1500 metres front crawl last night and for the first time,I had no cramp.
Looking forward to a few triathlons this summer. Paris first though..
24/01/2013 at 21:06

Hey folks. Sorry, been busy. The hassle of holding down a paid job huh?

Short sharp weights session at lunchtime, just to help with leg strength. I'm getting close to being able to do single leg squats again, without looking like an old dodderer whose dropped his buspass but can't reach it.

Apologies to those interested in "In The Long Run". Just got to check one sentence for approval before I can send out the 'brochure'. But I can reveal that the route will go from Bratislava to vienna, to Prague, a long trek across Germany to Frankfurt then Cologne, a quick bit of flat Netherlands, then through Leuven (one of the oldest university cities in Europe), then concluding in Brussels. 1,250kms. Minimum requirement is to run 10kms a day.

If I'm feeling dandy tmrw, might try another intervals sesh on the treadie. Ooh, it's exciting being able to feel like a runner again. Hugs n' kisses everyone

Emmy - we're all still here! Well done on persevering Simon. Did Coach Eggy's swimming tips help?

24/01/2013 at 21:21

Apologies if anyone's seen this before

24/01/2013 at 21:25
TD - Eggy taught me what bilateral breathing is. And I can do it! Except when I try to swim fast. Then I have to breath every stroke....Actually starting to enjoy it, which is not what I expected. Roll on Spring so I can start trying to improve my cycling.
24/01/2013 at 22:03
Michael Phelps can't bilateral breathe
24/01/2013 at 22:22
Now I feel very smug.
24/01/2013 at 22:30
He's still quicker than you tho ( and me !)
24/01/2013 at 22:38
His feet are twice the size of mine . They are like flippers.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.