Paris Marathon 2013

...and the beat goes on...

9,021 to 9,040 of 19,623 messages
01/02/2013 at 19:46

First day back at work over............and I feel like I have been run over by a bus. Tougher than anticipated.

Audrey and MM - another one here for the pink pen

I have had the emails re the Barcelona Marathon too and it looks fab, but I seriously doubt a spring marathon for me next year unless its very close to home like Lochaber! Chicago in the Autumn is being planned meticulously be BF....................I probably should start worrying!

01/02/2013 at 19:57
Barcelona sounds good.

Feeling very lethargic and run down so no running today or tomorrow.
Booked a hop on hop off bus tour of Paris for the Saturday. Thought I'd organise something for a change, rather than just wandering the streets.
01/02/2013 at 23:42

Off the Florida tomorrow - looking forward to my long (16-20 mile) run on Sunday next to the beach.  Then back home I'm afraid.

02/02/2013 at 08:51

Today's word of the day has a few asterisks in it...

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/727962/gallery/img00137-20130201-1831.jpg?width=350

That there's a Volvo-shaped dent in my car. The other end has a Fiat shaped dent in it

02/02/2013 at 09:10

Eggy, Kaz - how's things feel tday?

02/02/2013 at 09:12
Weedy, #manycursewordsdontquitehitthespot
Dark Vader    pirate
02/02/2013 at 09:14

what happened Weedy..?   you ok.?

02/02/2013 at 09:34
Judging by the damage to the car and the fact you carried momentum forward to the other car I'd think you are okay Weedy, fingers crossed. But very annoying.

Am making some Leek and Potatoe soup now Eggy. Want me to put some in an envelope and send it up?

The Jimbob. Hard to quantify how much extreme low carbs on long runs helps. I'd always advise approaching it conservatively. There's no miracle short cuts for fast marathon running. I got faster but could have been so many reasons for it.

Off for a 4hr hilly bike ride now. Not raining at the moment. Wishing you all a fine running weekend. Or recovery of health.
02/02/2013 at 09:36

Was at a roundabout last night waiting to pull out. Volvo came up from behind and shunted me into the Fiat. Neck's a little stiff this morning, but it should be fine in a day or two, fingers crossed. Other two drivers seemed okay. Caught the Volvo coming at me out of the corner of my eye in the rear-view mirror so I had a split-second's warning, but the Fiat driver didn't have a clue what hit her. She was in a bit of state, bless her.

Hey ho, these things happen. We're all alive, we're all insured. Pleased I never got round to washing my car yesterday morning

02/02/2013 at 09:36

Not good Weedy, Is everyone ok??

Eggy - I hope your feeling a bit better.

Today, I am very sore. It is not my stomach thats sore thou as I would have expected but my legs with standing in one place, freezing cold all day.I have 9.5 hours of it tomorrow...........

Junior has netball this morning so I have 2.5 hours to kill. Time I would normally go running,  but today it is going to be a mega long walk in the snow.

ATM
02/02/2013 at 09:56

No weedy-shaped dent, though...

kaz, isn't that a bit of the ' ankle-bone-connected-to-the...'? Your legs aren't usually sore.Standing for 9+ hours can't be good.

ATM
02/02/2013 at 10:39

Mmmmmmmm ATM, possibly a case of changing posture to take strain of my side kindo thing??

02/02/2013 at 12:21
Anyone heard from DLR?
02/02/2013 at 12:51

Another thumbs-up for Barcelona from me. Did it last year and it was absolutely fantastic, I'd only done the one marathon prior to (Edinburgh in 2011) and it made that look like a village fete fun-run. The atmosphere, the build up, and the course itself were unforgettable experiences.

Think it started at 8.30am, and it was still dark on the walk down to the start line, then whoosh, at about 8am, the sun came up, the music was booming and it was like a kaleidoscope of colour!

Cheesy and predictable I know, but they played Freddie Mercury's 'Barcelona' beforehand after hyping it up on the mic; "This is OUR City, this is OUR song". It was proper hairs-on-the-back-of-your-neck-sticking-up stuff, everyone in the pens was buzzing!

02/02/2013 at 13:24

Thanks Bedders - that's my mind made up

Orbutt - I've had a bit of chat with DLR on email, he's still with us

02/02/2013 at 14:24
Hello all,

Weedy - you're very lucky. How are you feeling today?
DV - I've switched to a low GI diet and its taken a while of getting used to but I really find it makes the world of difference during a race. What do you normally drink for ffuel?

Yer maj - I'm still tempted for Barcelona this spring... I still need to work out the logistics/ cost but I may be able to give you a his years report.

Kaz - take it easy! The first day back is always the hardest!

Eggy - get well soon! How are you feeling today?

All I can say is that I'm glad the weekend is here. Had a horrid week.
02/02/2013 at 14:34
TD - mail order soup sounds good right now.

Weedy/Emmy - Feeling a bit more human today, but still confined to the couch. Feels like I have a heavy weight on my chest when trying to breath.

Weedy - Glad to hear you are ok. Cars can always be repaired. Its good nobody was badly hurt.

Kaz - Try and take it easy.
02/02/2013 at 15:02

The 2013 supporters guide is finished and sent out to those that PMd me.  Pete burke, you didn't include your email so to make it a bit easier.  Anyone can translate and email me on "radar underscore sal at yahoo dot com dot au" (no, I'm not australian).

Eggy - get well soon!  I've had a stupid cough cold for the past few weeks and it sucks.  Last night was the first time I got 8 hours sleep in ages.  Felt soooo good!

and in running I ran 7 kms today!!!  and as yet nothing appears broken.  YAY!  am way behind any schedule but should be able to manage a toodle around with kaz and orbutt (and DLR & NB if they appear).

02/02/2013 at 15:06

And me....

If I survive this rubgy "match" that is....

02/02/2013 at 15:11

oh be quiet you in the multiple 20 mile run cheap seats.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.