Paris Marathon 2013

...and the beat goes on...

10,601 to 10,620 of 19,623 messages
05/03/2013 at 22:31
Simon MacDoughnut wrote (see)
And why did Walter take a pole into the pub?

Hadn't thought of that before Simon. Knickers.

Okay...athlete without a pole walks into the athletes village at the Olympics.
Gamesmaker says: "Are you a pole vaulter?"
Athlete says: "No, I'm German, but how did you know my name was Walter?"

James - An American in Paris. Gene Kelly did a film about that.

Jimbob - link comes up with a message saying "can't find cookies"

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/727962/gallery/cookie-monster3-7769871237963363.jpg?width=350

Me want cookies

05/03/2013 at 22:34

Weedy (and anyone else that can be bothered) go to www.marathonfoto.com 

surname Connell / race Adidas Silverstone half marathon 2013 / select james Connell

PRESTO / Manorexic!

05/03/2013 at 22:49
Weedy - me want cookies too.

You seen the Family Guy spoof of Cookie Monster when he's in the asylum? Fab.
05/03/2013 at 23:02
I love Family Guy IM2. It's just coming on beeb3. Last night was the one where Brian gets weed legalized, such a great episode.
Edited: 05/03/2013 at 23:02
05/03/2013 at 23:11
TJB - a huge guilty pleasure. Great A-Team reference tonight...
05/03/2013 at 23:47

Well, speaking of Americans....how many of us on this thread are coming over from the US? Yes, I know I'm not a real American, but I have lived here 25 years....

Dark Vader    pirate
06/03/2013 at 07:30
kaz1 wrote (see)

ouch Dave

Just back from taking Junior to athletics. Tonight she has been running with William Sitchel, Orkneys Ultra runner who  has set 60 age group records. Needless  to say she's very excited about it.

omg..   Kaz..    that guy is exceptional...   he can literally run forever......!

Dark Vader    pirate
06/03/2013 at 07:41

Welcome Rick...

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/98627/gallery/screen_shot_2013-03-06_at_07.40.36.png?width=350

Dark Vader    pirate
06/03/2013 at 07:43

Jimbob...    you iz awesome...   you are going to have a blast in Paris...  

TD...    you defy medical science, and you always worry me......

Everyone else....   take it easy...   too close now to mess it up...

06/03/2013 at 08:00
Dannirr - you may be our only RSA native?
06/03/2013 at 08:09
Dark Vader wrote (see)
kaz1 wrote (see)

ouch Dave

Just back from taking Junior to athletics. Tonight she has been running with William Sitchel, Orkneys Ultra runner who  has set 60 age group records. Needless  to say she's very excited about it.

omg..   Kaz..    that guy is exceptional...   he can literally run forever......!

I'm jealous as well!

Dave - How are you this morning? That sounds like a real 'ouch' injury

Rick - Welcome. Do you promise never to give us up? or let us down? Will you be around?

TD - I was thinking just pom poms... You run so fast that we'd never see anything anyway!

Kaz - How is the job going?

Weedy - I love the cookie monster!

I was meant to go out for 6 easy miles. I turned in and did only 4 1/2. Felt awful and was getting more and more annoyed at myself.

Dark Vader    pirate
06/03/2013 at 08:23
Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)

Okay...athlete without a pole walks into the athletes village at the Olympics.
Gamesmaker says: "Are you a pole vaulter?"

Weedy..  bit worried about the athlete without a pole just walking into the athletes village.  I mean,  What about photo ID..?   Security checks..?   We can't just have any athlete without a pole going around thinking they can walk into the village.  

It needs refinement.....

wi
06/03/2013 at 08:41
Good morning dear threaderers (is that a word?)

What a beautiful day in here. Mercury 'pole' at this Pole's house shows increadible +10 and it's only 9am. That can mean only one thing: running time
06/03/2013 at 09:18

Morning Folks....

Rather stiff this morning, and reminded of the quote from one of my heros Jens Voight, road rash doesn't really hurt at the time, It's laid in the bed the following morning feeling your body stuck to the sheets !!!!

So that's the bed linen in the wash and me wearing shorts

06/03/2013 at 09:58
Dark Vader wrote (see)

Weedy..  bit worried about the athlete without a pole just walking into the athletes village.  I mean,  What about photo ID..?   Security checks..?   We can't just have any athlete without a pole going around thinking they can walk into the village.  

It needs refinement.....

Knickers...

Okay.

Athlete walks into the Olympic Village. Without a pole.
Gamesmaker says: "Can I see your photo ID please?"
Athlete says: "Certainly, here you go."
Gamesmaker says: "Thank you sir. Are you a pole vaulter?"
Gamesmaker says: "It's on your photo ID."

06/03/2013 at 09:58
wi wrote (see)
Good morning dear threaderers (is that a word?)

Wiola, if I listen to what has been said by Running Rodent and Emmy then I think in Paris I might be called 'Thread-bare'. I'm gonna' take good care of myu Pom-Poms anyway.

Rick - howdie and welcome. We love you already. The Rick in the photo is Rick Astley. Probably wasn't famous in the US and Rick's are relatively few and far between in British circles. Well, there was the geezer with the long hair and 3 chords from the 70s in that group that just wants to keep everything the same....

Rode my bike to work this morning, great that it's not cold, bad that I was still sweating 15 minutes after arriving at my desk after my shower.

TJB - your Marathonfoto link didn't work for me but I am sure you looked awesome (Rick - I used that word to make you feel right at home)

06/03/2013 at 10:02

Emmy - how come awful?

Jimbob - those pics are great. Love the one where the guy's leaping over the line.

ATM
06/03/2013 at 10:24

Great photos, JB!

Rick, your life's gonna be Hell from here....

We expect the whole performance in the pub, Sunday night....

ATM
06/03/2013 at 10:25

Rick I bet you're really glad you found this thread now...

06/03/2013 at 10:32
Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)

Emmy - how come awful?

Jimbob - those pics are great. Love the one where the guy's leaping over the line.

I think it was just a bad day. I wasn't "feeling" it to begin with but thought - once I warm up i'll be fine. My legs felt quite stiff and sore. I think a long session with the stick of pain is in order.

ATM wrote (see)

Great photos, JB!

Rick, your life's gonna be Hell from here....

We expect the whole performance in the pub, Sunday night....

I agree to that. Please work on the dance moves as well 

ATM - You've gone on my frustration list... I've now got "never gonna give you up" in my head.

Edited: 06/03/2013 at 10:33
10,601 to 10,620 of 19,623 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.