Paris Marathon 2013

...and the beat goes on...

12,521 to 12,540 of 19,622 messages
26/03/2013 at 13:10

TD: thanks  was just feeling very old yesterday .. Up until saturday all the runs had been ok - suppose I was due for a tough one reminding me to rest.  Friday (22- 23 miles) will be slow as the fist 6 are up hill !!!  But the slower the better me thinks until the end .....  So pleased your turbo session was good - what is a turbo seesion by the way???

26/03/2013 at 13:15
Tricky Dicky¹ wrote (see)

Just make sure you get the +32 on it and I'll hope everyone can work out international dialling!  Am happy to be a point of contact on the day.

Oh Yes.... ATM - did I put +32 on mine?

ATM wrote (see)

TD, is it the one that ends in  01? * And , yes.I don't want to find your number engaged the whole time when I'm making  my late-night calls...*

Ooh - that sounds interesting...

26/03/2013 at 14:02

How many bloody marathon runners are there in Orkney??? Not a bloody jelly bean to be gotten!

PF - Your doing brilliantly, but I do understand your worry, take it easy and you'll be fine!

Strong black coffee on an empty stomach usually does the trick in the morning and will save any bear in the woods(pens) troubles!!

I am somewhat relaxed, compared to usual, about this we run we have planned............or  am I at the point that after last time........I WILL SURVIVE.......No matter what!!!!

26/03/2013 at 14:11

Peter - email's bouncing back. Can you send it again to make sure I've got the right address?

26/03/2013 at 14:15

Jimbob - The Carnet isn't really a book of tickets, it's just a collection of single use tickets. If I remember correctly (ATM will correct me if I'm wrong) you pay for 10 tickets and you get 11.

These can be used by whoever, as they're just single tickets.

26/03/2013 at 14:26

Last year we bought a 3 day ticket which allowed unlimited use of transport for 21 euros each but that was only for zones 1-3 so didnt include airport.

26/03/2013 at 14:44

Weedy

You're a list legend.

26/03/2013 at 14:55

i think the carnet is the way forward for me - not planning to go out of zone 1 at any point (apart from when i'm running!) - gives me and Ingi 5 trips each. Do a couple of cabs for any other travel - like pub or restaurant action. Dan can sort himself out - he's a big boy, ive nagged him about his med certificate / convocation, he's like "oh year, i'll do that next week" (yeah right, just before we get on the friggin train D)

26/03/2013 at 15:33

List mania

Printed out all directions and maps for each day........metro/trains. to from station/hotel ( in one station out another - confusing) to PUB (important) to Expo.....  Ticked that box

kit all washed and folded - tick box

making playlist for last two km's - inspirational music will be a must to get a speedy (ha ha) finish

must find birkenstock slip ons for after marathon.......mmmmm I think it might be a tad chilly for thongs

paint toe nails black or bright red in case have to wear thongs

dug part of garden as it's rest day

26/03/2013 at 15:45

Now my SIS gel belt holder has decided that it has seen better days.  The elastic won't hold the gels sufficiently....grrr.  Wiggle don't have any in stock unil mid April.  Might have to sew the elastic and make it tighter.  Naffing hell....taper madness 

26/03/2013 at 15:54
Decathlon do a number / gel belt
26/03/2013 at 16:14
PC91 - silver target would be 4.03 (4.04 being my PB)

This thread is so helpful - no idea how people cope without it. Thanks everyone
26/03/2013 at 16:29
ATM wrote (see)

TD, is it the one that ends in  01? * And , yes.I don't want to find your number engaged the whole time when I'm making  my late-night calls...*

That's the one. How are you getting down to Paris Emmy? I am driving down Saturday morning and driving back to Brussels early Monday morning. Got space in the car...

Forgot to mention earlier, the sun is out in my part of the world. Did an early morning 13k in SUNSHINE and I loved it! It's great to be a runner

26/03/2013 at 17:18
A lot of people don't understand why we (us runners) just LOVE running. When I'm out running a decent long run 10 miles+, I am at my most relaxed. Thought I'd just share that.
Edited: 26/03/2013 at 17:28
26/03/2013 at 17:45

Lovely 5 miles today with a few snow flurries. In Atlanta, that's enough snow to cancel school usually .   Big toe on left hurts on push off - might not run much at all before Paris - dont think it'll make much difference now.

Packing - don't forget something warm and dry to get into as soon as you finish / get your bag.

26/03/2013 at 18:12
Orbutt wrote (see)

Jimbob - The Carnet isn't really a book of tickets, it's just a collection of single use tickets. If I remember correctly (ATM will correct me if I'm wrong) you pay for 10 tickets and you get 11.

These can be used by whoever, as they're just single tickets.

Orbutt - absolutely right. Le carnet, a great thing. Paris, a great town, a great thread, a great run.

26/03/2013 at 18:15
The Jimbob wrote (see)
A lot of people don't understand why we (us runners) just LOVE running. When I'm out running a decent long run 10 miles+, I am at my most relaxed. Thought I'd just share that.

Jimbob - love it. Man, I am so in agreement with you. In fact, getting beyond 10k and heading on anywhere 20k, I get the smiles properly. Endodorphins are amazing things.

Always makes me rather sad when I don't get at least a head-bob acknowledgement from other passing runners though. On my early Saturday am runs - everyone gets a "'morning", whether they like it or not!

26/03/2013 at 18:16
kaz1 wrote (see)

I am somewhat relaxed, compared to usual, about this we run we have planned............or  am I at the point that after last time........I WILL SURVIVE.......No matter what!!!!

I've told you before Kaz - you're due a really good run.  Just let it happen.

Elizabeth Ellis 3 wrote (see)

Now my SIS gel belt holder has decided that it has seen better days.  The elastic won't hold the gels sufficiently....grrr.  Wiggle don't have any in stock unil mid April.  Might have to sew the elastic and make it tighter.  Naffing hell....taper madness 

Message me your address Elizabeth and I'll send you my SiS one - its unused in a drawer somewhere.  Can dig it out tomorrow.

26/03/2013 at 18:17

sunshine - whats that .. at the moment snow is forecast for the sunny island of Jersey Thursday - Saturday depending on which weather channel you look at.  Looks like Friday is going to be another chilly run.  Oh and we all know that as I;m doing a marathon at the beginning of may the may day bank holiday weekend will be scorching.

26/03/2013 at 18:20
Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)
kaz1 wrote (see)

I've told you before Kaz - you're due a really good run.  Just let it happen.

Elizabeth Ellis 3 wrote (see)

Message me your address Elizabeth and I'll send you my SiS one - its unused in a drawer somewhere.  Can dig it out tomorrow.

Just found it.  still sealed in it's packaging.

12,521 to 12,540 of 19,622 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.