Paris Marathon 2013

...and the beat goes on...

12,561 to 12,580 of 19,623 messages
27/03/2013 at 07:29

Iain, check out the poem on the Whitley Bay parkrun fb page.

Very jealous of you lot- a naughty w/end in gay Paris!

ATM
27/03/2013 at 07:48

Hang in there, Alexander. Gold, Silver or Bronze, you'll have a great time. you, too, Carl. You've a fair bit of time.I hope the lurgy lifts.

Iain, Tartanpimpernel did the MCM last year.Despite getting stranded by that storm, she said she had a ball and would do it again. Maybe she can give you some details. * I'm jealous.It's the only other one I want to do . *

It is snowing, really, really, hard outside...Running buddy is on her way . Good woman. My mileage theses days is mnimal and I couldn't get slower.I'm a shoo-in for the Oates Medal..

ATM
27/03/2013 at 07:50
Elizabeth Ellis 3 wrote (see)

Now my SIS gel belt holder has decided that it has seen better days.  The elastic won't hold the gels sufficiently....grrr.  Wiggle don't have any in stock unil mid April.  Might have to sew the elastic and make it tighter.  Naffing hell....taper madness 

Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)
Elizabeth Ellis 3 wrote (see)

Now my SIS gel belt holder has decided that it has seen better days.  The elastic won't hold the gels sufficiently....grrr.  Wiggle don't have any in stock unil mid April.  Might have to sew the elastic and make it tighter.  Naffing hell....taper madness 

Message me your address Elizabeth and I'll send you my SiS one - its unused in a drawer somewhere.  Can dig it out tomorrow.

I was going to offer the same. I've got one sitting in a draw too.

Dark Vader    pirate
27/03/2013 at 07:54

IM2..   I think you'll find it is affectionately called Philly...  not Phillie..  

Edited: 27/03/2013 at 07:55
27/03/2013 at 08:00

MCM is on my to do list too, and may even replace Chicago depending on when I can get holidays next year.......Think I am just about last too pick so I may end up with no marathons next year.

Gorgeous morning here, daylight at 5.20am but such hard frost that at first I thought we had snow.....stayed indoors, I have this afternoon to run.

8 more sleeps and I am in Paris!!!

27/03/2013 at 08:06

This may be a stupid question - but what are people planning to do on Saturday afternoon? the time between getting through the expo and the pasta party?

27/03/2013 at 08:16

MCM registration opens at noon Washington time today, last year places sold out in 2h41m .... I went with a tour group to guarantee a place.  It's smallish, very friendly, and the medal is the biggest piece of  bling ever!  There are loads of portaloos on the start and the goodie box kept me going when all shops closed during Hurricane Sandy!

27/03/2013 at 08:20
TartanPimpernel wrote (see)

MCM registration opens at noon Washington time today, last year places sold out in 2h41m .... I went with a tour group to guarantee a place.  It's smallish, very friendly, and the medal is the biggest piece of  bling ever!  There are loads of portaloos on the start and the goodie box kept me going when all shops closed during Hurricane Sandy!

You're really tempting me.... especially with mention of the goodybox!

27/03/2013 at 08:30

Morning, thanks for the kind words re llamas.  all a worry I can do without at the moment. Vet is here again. 

Will get off for my 10k in the glorious sunshine as it's due to rain this PM and non stop till Monday..!! oh joy of Easter hols.

I've got 6k tomorrow, 5k on Fri and 16k on Sunday, then just 3 x 5k next week before heading for the train on Friday - Yeah....

We have sitters who come and look after the house/animals so that's good for us. 

have a fun Wednesday everyone

27/03/2013 at 08:44

Iain - If you run Philly you can always pretend to be Rocky!

27/03/2013 at 08:47

LOL.......I'm on Rocky III at the moment, gotta love em

Dark Vader    pirate
27/03/2013 at 08:52

Rocky is a superb sequence of films...      I, like many tourists, have run up those steps and jumped up and down pretending to be him...   

27/03/2013 at 08:52
Onetit wrote (see)

I've never seen a Rocky film 

27/03/2013 at 08:53

There are loads of portaloos on the start and the goodie box kept me going when all shops closed during Hurricane Sandy!

Read that too quickly TP. Was wondering to myself for a second why they would have loads of potatoes at the start.

27/03/2013 at 08:54
Emmy H wrote (see)
Onetit wrote (see)

27/03/2013 at 08:57
Eggyh73 wrote (see)
Emmy H wrote (see)
Onetit wrote (see)

Nor me

27/03/2013 at 09:14
Emmy H wrote (see)
Onetit wrote (see)

Moi non plus ...

27/03/2013 at 09:15
Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)

There are loads of portaloos on the start and the goodie box kept me going when all shops closed during Hurricane Sandy!

Read that too quickly TP. Was wondering to myself for a second why they would have loads of potatoes at the start.

Maybe in Dublin  

27/03/2013 at 09:25

No Rocky films I have the complete box set and there is nothing like them for motivating me!!! Love them!!!

27/03/2013 at 09:40

TJB - I've opted for the video too but last year I was able to 'Borrow' the stuff that is available online to make up the movie. Didn't fancy buying them all

I'm hoping that this option will be open to me again this year too.

Weedy - Potatoes. LOL

12,561 to 12,580 of 19,623 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.