Paris Marathon 2013

...and the beat goes on...

16,001 to 16,020 of 19,623 messages
24/04/2013 at 11:19
Sorry for the ancient double post. How on earth that happened, I don't know!
24/04/2013 at 11:33
MM - we live in Atlanta, Georgia. New Mexico is where our holiday home is.
24/04/2013 at 12:00
Audrey - happy wotsit, babe

Maus - heard you first time No count as of yet but I'll let you know. Certainly quite a few - and that's not including RS and Emmy who flashed the O at every possible camera ( if you know what I mean)
24/04/2013 at 12:08

Glad to hear there is International Flashing from the thread girls.  We need to devise spectacular flashing for Albuquerque

Hey would you look at that spelling!

24/04/2013 at 12:47

Still chuckling about the other thread. The man who hasn't run a marathon and has opinions on walking in a marathon, has now said that he googles his injuries and would never consider going to a physio because he can of course google it.

He is priceless.

24/04/2013 at 13:04

He is a troll and would say anything to elicit a response. Do not feed the Troll.

24/04/2013 at 13:25

James - lol.......I may have to consider the same action,  although mine would include re locating to so that I can spend less money getting off this Island and attend social gatherings!! Don't think the kidz would be too amused if I make them share a room again!!

24/04/2013 at 13:35

Hi all, 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUDREY!

I really want to do Berlin. Amsterdam and still Loch Ness, oh, and Dublin - I'm running out of September/Octobers!

I'm itching to come and cheer you all on in Paris next year as well, after doing London again I think it's about time I did a supporters stint too.

TJB - the medal looks amazing! I've made my own noticeboard with hooks in but it's not a patch on yours, awesome. 

Dannir, NM looks absolutely fabulous. Many happy returns to your son as well. My eldest nephew is 17 now - goodness knows where that time went!

Am itching to go out for a run again. Am still quite sore in the leg (and shoulder?) area though so am going to watch a double bill of Game of Thrones tonight instead. Followed by reading Game of Thrones. Anyone else obsessed?

tshirt has been dispatched, along with some howies running stuff. Interested to see how their running stuff compares against their cycling. 

24/04/2013 at 13:37

also thanks for the Northern link DLR, have just fallen down Buzzfeed rabbithole...

24/04/2013 at 13:41

Dublin is one I would like to do toooo.........Loch Ness is supposed to be good but it doesn't inspire me - probably not far enough away from home.....it doesn't involve 3 flights etc........

TJB - agree with KS there, that looks really good. Mines are all just hanging on the back of a chair in my bedroom, certificates in a folder

Dannirr - Happy Birthday to your son, 21.....times goes so quickly.

Going to try a 10k in a wee while, postie round ok except going up and down steps so hopefully running will be ok too, off to walk me horse first thou!!

Dark Vader    pirate
24/04/2013 at 14:05

I may be in trouble...  I'm in London in a pub waiting for my daughters passport to be renewed..  I'm on my 4th pint of a very nice beer and I still have two hours to wait...

I didn't notice that it was a 6% beer...   

Oh dear.........

24/04/2013 at 14:07
Afternoon,

Like it TJB, look forward to seeing your Paris one when done.

Thinking of signing up for the Somerset levels marathon in Sept, will be quite different from Paris. Just looking at getting the P&D book people rave about, is it that good?
24/04/2013 at 14:19

Went off for a fabulous bike ride this lunch, erm, period...  90 mins on the wheels, a fair bit of wind, but blue skies and judging by my itchy eyes, there's a bit of pollen in the air now it's getting warmer.

The 3 laps over the nearest steep hill which goes up to 19% gradient and set new Strava course record for it. Feel fantastic to stretch the lungs like this. Ooh, I got runners high from a bike!

24/04/2013 at 14:20
Dark Vader wrote (see)

I may be in trouble...  I'm in London in a pub waiting for my daughters passport to be renewed..  I'm on my 4th pint of a very nice beer and I still have two hours to wait...

I didn't notice that it was a 6% beer...   

Oh dear.........

My advice - write her name down now while you can still remember it DV

24/04/2013 at 14:31

Abersoch are doing their first half marathon in October this year. I hope to be supporting this new event. A very scenic run along the coast and dare I say a few hills.

The most positive aspect of this half marathon is that it is on a saturday. Which means you have all of sunday to recover after a sturday afternoon and evening of re-hydration.

It's a shame other runs cant be on a saturday.

24/04/2013 at 14:34

JB73 - you love a bit of "re-hydration" don't you mate. and DV is doing you proud in his central London location right now. whats the form DV? are you getting a donar kebab after that little binge?

24/04/2013 at 14:40

DV:  If I were you I'd stay there - nice and safe - and enjoy the next couple of hours

Yer_maj:  thankyou - as you probably can tell I don't really understand/know how to use fb very well.

Fog has finally lifted and the sun is making an appearance - probably not for too long - can't have sunshine in April!!!!

24/04/2013 at 14:40

TD:  runners high on a bike eh - who'd have thought ... excellent

24/04/2013 at 14:46

TJB - re-hydration is the reason I run.

24/04/2013 at 14:47

TJB - I only call it re-hydration as you told me to

16,001 to 16,020 of 19,623 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.