Paris Marathon 2013

...and the beat goes on...

16,021 to 16,040 of 19,622 messages
24/04/2013 at 14:55
Dont forget that it's well earned re-hydration
24/04/2013 at 15:01
James B 73 wrote (see)

TJB - I only call it re-hydration as you told me to

I can't talk, when i'm running a long run, all i'm thinking about for the last few miles is necking icy cold fizzy yeasty European export strength brew mmmmmmmmmm DE-LISH!

24/04/2013 at 15:18
Dark Vader wrote (see)

I may be in trouble...  I'm in London in a pub waiting for my daughters passport to be renewed..  I'm on my 4th pint of a very nice beer and I still have two hours to wait...

I didn't notice that it was a 6% beer...   

Oh dear.........

I can highly recommend using text to tell those you love most (and some you don't) how you really feel.

24/04/2013 at 15:20
Iain Moore 2 wrote (see)

So - Brighton marathon 2014 is the week before Paris. Have promised my sister to run Brighton with her - and it'll be her first. I'll have to go down as a Paris supporter next year.  

Ah well, seems like the support this year was as much fun as running the darn thing!

Dr Moore, I'm afraid that not coming to Paris is not one of the options open to you. We'll just put you and your shagging list in charge of the pole and pompiers. 

24/04/2013 at 15:22
James B 73 wrote (see)

MM - I am a criminal lawyer and with the new proposals I would rather be stacking shelves for Tescos than going to Court for them. But enough about that as my Garmin is back on.

Yes, I've heard things ain't so grand from a few prosecutors who've moved over here. Will look forward to chatting to you at the next event...

24/04/2013 at 15:24

Hmmm. It's only 3.20pm, I'm sober and I'm already in super-cheeky mode.

24/04/2013 at 15:34
You say that like its something new
24/04/2013 at 15:38
Orbutt wrote (see)
You say that like its something new

Or, indeed, a bad thing...

24/04/2013 at 17:55

Happy birthday Audrey. 'lang may yer lum reek'.

TD - I would love to have your 'lunch,err, period'. By the time you change and shower (hopefully) it must be touching 2 hours....!

I am taking a full week off. No exercice at all. First time in over 6 months. And I'm bored. But I am under doctor's orders (dad) to take it easy..... He thinks I am overdoing it. And I think he is right.

DV - 4 pints (so far) at  lunchtime??? Respect. That would floor me totally!

24/04/2013 at 18:01

Has anybody heard from DV since?  Is he under the table yet?

A full week sounds very sensible.  Do as Dad says.  My trip to the osteopath confirmed that not only is my psoas still as inflamed as hell, but it is also the root cause of any ill in my life.  Feeling a bit blue about it until I realised that I had an expectation that it would have settled down by now.  Expectations realigned and my pecker is back up.

That's *my* pecker that's up, Simon McPerky, not yours.

Edited: 24/04/2013 at 18:02
24/04/2013 at 18:03
No sign of DV then? Maybe he's off singing the song about the goblins somewhere?

MM - a thousand posts back (ie some time this morning) you asked about training for ITLR. I'm planning to do some back to backs - not massively long runs, or particularly fast, but 3 or 4 in a row, just to get used to it again. I think it will be difficult to train specifically for it.

Any London runners done the JP Morgan Chase event in Battersea Park before? I've got the option of doing it through work. Part of me thinks it will be a horrible stampede (13,000 runners in Battersea Park?), but it's on my birthday and as long as I get over the line I'd be guaranteed a PB (distance is 5.6km) .
24/04/2013 at 18:07
Simon Mac3:30 wrote (see)

TD - I would love to have your 'lunch,err, period'. By the time you change and shower (hopefully) it must be touching 2 hours....!

Yes Simon. I'm lucky not to be paid or valued by sitting at a desk but on the quality of my thoughts. Which sometimes needs a bit of time to be written down or discussed etc, but it's the results that matter. I love the relative freedom this gives me and exercise genuinely makes me a better thinker. Plus I make up hours at different parts of the day. Job security only comes by adding value.

24/04/2013 at 18:11

I can honestly say that if I was paid for the quality of my thoughts, there'd be global meltdown within a week.  Where do I sign?

Actually, I was thinking the other day that one of the many things that appeals to me about this thread is that almost none of us know what the rest of us do for a living.  Sure, it sometimes comes up in conversation, but mainly we don't and I really like that, because it's usually given such importance and thence judgement.  Here, it doesn't matter a bugger, we just run

24/04/2013 at 18:31
No more work talk.
24/04/2013 at 18:35
I do, however, long for a job as an international playboy. But I don't think I fit the criteria. Well according to the wife anyway.
24/04/2013 at 18:54
TD - totally agree about exercise improving thinking. I've started doing an hour or so before breakfast and it gets me off to good start. Clears the head of 'noise'.

Orbutt - just read your peeing in a bottle story. Loved it.
24/04/2013 at 19:02
Kaz - just read a survey on the happiest places to live in the UK.

No.1 is Orkney

No. 2 is Moray

Only been on holiday in Orkney, but I can vouch for Moray.
24/04/2013 at 19:43

Orkney is a happy happy place........if you can ignore the narrow minded busy bodies!!!

I Spent a weekend in Elgin once, 18 yrs ago, and really liked it

Glorious sunshine this afternoon, although still quite windy. Dog walked, 5.5 miles ran, and another dog walk which seemed more like a run since he was trying to catch Naomi on her bike.

As for exercise before breakfast.....I think you all know its my favourite time of the day.........

24/04/2013 at 20:47
Rr wouldn't recommend the chase unless your work has a tent for the after party
24/04/2013 at 21:08

Yer_maj:  what do you mean you don't know what I do for a living - I run!! oh and wear my tiara - as you do too I know you do ..... and lots of other important things too

I love exercising before breakfast it is a wonderful pastime .......

16,021 to 16,040 of 19,622 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.