Paris Marathon 2013

...and the beat goes on...

16,501 to 16,520 of 19,622 messages
30/04/2013 at 22:42
Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)

Got to love a bit of Clare Grogan.  Though I liked the Wedding Present cover version.  Then again 've seen the Wedding Present live about a dozen times.  Including An Evening of Ukranian Folk Music.

The Wedding Present, now there's a band. Kennedy played live at the Barrowlands has to be one of the best mosh pit songs ever.

Kaz - Take it easy. Rest your gluteus maximus!

01/05/2013 at 02:06

Nice story:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/boston-bombings-survivor-given-medal-for-bravery-through-indiana-doctors-medals4mettle-program

01/05/2013 at 06:00

Dannirr - by the legendary Bill Rodgers too.

Eggy - yep, always been at the front for Weddoes gigs.  Best describe it as a joyous scene of caring aggression!

Dark Vader    pirate
01/05/2013 at 07:26

Morning all.

Caring aggression..  

yer-maj...   how is the allotmont progressing...?   Do you have a shed..?   Show us some photos....

01/05/2013 at 08:10

Morning Kaz - how's your bum? 

01/05/2013 at 08:27

Caring aggression ...I always laughed whenever we went to see The Pogues in Glasgow - sound guys would be sitting in a tent to keep them and their Equipment dry from all the beer being thrown around....

Allotment is coming along nicely thank you - it's going to take a full year to get the whole thing cleared but I have all my potatoes planted in 2 big beds, seeds all planted in my wee greenhouse at home, raspberry canes, rhubarb and blackcurrants doing well....BUT....I have discovered Mare's Tail in the fruit beds.  So that's going to be an ongoing joy for the next couple of years at least. 

I'll get Himself to put some pics on fb

Kaz - how's yer arse?

This still has me chuckling days later...

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/fury-as-allotment-fans-discover-vegetables-can-be-bought-in-shops-2013042967035

Edited: 01/05/2013 at 08:29
01/05/2013 at 08:37

Morning all.

severe technical difficulties here to the stage laptop is nearly getting thrown oot the window

Ladies - me arse is no that bad today but hell my abs are sore, and really heavy legs. I don't really know what's going on unless its all to do with trying to correct my posture?? 

01/05/2013 at 08:46

What a lovely sunny day. Don't say that very often.

01/05/2013 at 09:11

Kaz-you ran a sub-4 hr marathon pb less than a month ago and have gone hell for leather pretty much since then. That's what's wrong sweetie (not in a condescending way though bevause you're a total sweetie!)

Incase anyone missed it on the fb share wagon. When I'm happy I bake muffins and shit cracked me up all day yesterday and is continuing into today. 

01/05/2013 at 09:15
Dirty Leeds Rob wrote (see)
Running Rodent wrote (see)

A new kettle, you say? (Tea) party at ATM's house .

I'm still in shock she said the sun was shining.  What kind of scotland is this?  some parallel universe?

Normal service (rain) has been resumed.

01/05/2013 at 09:16

You bake shit?

01/05/2013 at 09:19

And muffins.  When I'm happy

01/05/2013 at 09:20

Am still waiting for photos of atm's new kettle. 

01/05/2013 at 09:22

Hate to disagree RS, but I am resting now more than ever!!!!

can you bake some nice GF, dairy and egg free stuff plz........I need something more than a f*****n salad right noo.  

01/05/2013 at 09:26

In kaz terms or normal person terms? How far have you walked doggie each day? How far is your postie route? Your rest days still encompass a little activity

01/05/2013 at 09:29

Morning all, lovely day here to and I'm stuck in the office

Had a nice shiny copy of P&D delivered yesterday, best set aside some reading time!

Also joined the Crediton running club this week to do a bit more social running.

01/05/2013 at 09:32

Kaz - I make lovely gf muffins and cakes.  Whether I'm happy or not 

01/05/2013 at 09:36

I had a lovely run last night.

Plotted a new route which, apart from the beginning and end, is pretty flat.

Tried to focus on lifting my feet towards my ar5e during run, whilst tilting forward and trying to land flat footed.

It all felt nice and easy yet the splits were quite good (for me).

Slightly achey bits today - but in a good way.

01/05/2013 at 09:43

P&D is da bomb.  Much of my bank holiday weekend will be taken up with converting distances and paces in there from imperial to metric for Berlin training.

01/05/2013 at 09:56

Nice one Orbutt   When I started changing my gait my quads ached like a demon but I ran faster with no extra effort right from the off.

I know I've mentioned it before, but Danny Dreyer's Chi Marathon book really is great for the posture stuff - helped me a lot with my alignment.

16,501 to 16,520 of 19,622 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.