Paris Marathon 2013

...and the beat goes on...

19,001 to 19,020 of 19,627 messages
09/07/2013 at 16:07

Oh JT Hope  it settles soon.

Just back from a trip to the docs with youngest as her foot is still sore! I know it took me a while to take her! she has strained the medial ligament in her foot. 3-4 weeks should sort it.......thank goodness its holiday season and there is no athletics with the  coaches and top Orcadian athelets being in Bermuda for the Island Games! In a  very  sympathetic voice I told her she could still cycle!

09/07/2013 at 16:25

5 miles tonight. Gonna have to change tact and go in the morning when it is cooler.

09/07/2013 at 17:14

James. Don't change tact, we wouldn't recognise you.

However, you may want to change tack.

09/07/2013 at 19:17

Hi all!

I have returned from the land of insensibility.

I managed something that resembled running on Sunday, distracted from my lack of performance by the spectacular views before me. Today's attempt was better, but I'm still tiring really easily and having to walk the big hills.

I'm hoping that just reading P&D and copying a training program of runs I may or may not do into an Excel spreadsheet will count as training for Berlin.

Despite reports to the contrary, the Isle of Man DOES have Summer. This means that people who normally appear appropriately attired for work choose their outfits from their selection of Benidorm resort clothes. It's, erm, interesting.

Lovely to hear some great reports of actual running from the weekend and very jealous of the peeps counting down to ITLR. Will there be an app with continuous coverage, live updates and event gossip?

Dark Vader    pirate
09/07/2013 at 21:18

Running...   gosh..  ermm..  yes, must get back to doing some of that.....

09/07/2013 at 21:19

I'm going to stalk them all for the event gossip.  Yes, I *can* be subtle and inconspicuous

09/07/2013 at 21:21

And what makes you think there will be any event gossip? We are highly tuned machines. We will be eating pasta, having ice baths, and doing yoga. And we will have nice hair. 

I'm going to confess - I like running in hot weather. Not racing in hot weather, that's grim, but a nice saunter on a hot day, with access to enough fluids - I actually quite enjoy. Which is just as well, I suppose.

09/07/2013 at 21:25

There must be gossip.  We at home demand it.

Dark Vader    pirate
09/07/2013 at 21:38

and photos...   lots of photos please

09/07/2013 at 21:38

Don't worry I'll make some up for you. It doesn't matter that it won't be true does it?

09/07/2013 at 21:43

So long as there are photos of the untruths we'll all be happy....

09/07/2013 at 22:02

I'm pretty good at photoshop.....

09/07/2013 at 22:07

Between you and Weedy, things could get interesting.

09/07/2013 at 22:15

For the Londoners:  this is huge fun

http://www.runnersworld.com/general-interest/the-color-run-coming-to-britain

Dark Vader    pirate
09/07/2013 at 22:32

Just found out that Ms DV has spent £500 on Sims downloads on her phone over the last week or so...        when she wakes up in the morning she will find her password has been changed so she can't download anything without asking me first...   she is 11...   any parental advice on how to deal with this...?

Dark Vader    pirate
09/07/2013 at 22:34
Dannirr wrote (see)

For the Londoners:  this is huge fun

http://www.runnersworld.com/general-interest/the-color-run-coming-to-britain

Yes, that does look like fun...   have you done it..?

09/07/2013 at 22:43
Marathon Maus wrote (see)

Between you and Weedy, things could get interesting.

That's a rumour started already.

Jus T - sorry to hear. That stinks.

DV - ouch. Can you have a word with the company behind it? Heard of a few cases where they cut the bill down as a gesture of goodwill.

Danni - Thing that I've always wondered about the colour run... don't you end up with loads of stuff clogging up your lungs?

10/07/2013 at 01:11

Snigger

Marathon Maus wrote (see)

I have returned from the land of insensibility.

I managed something that resembled running on Sunday, distracted from my lack of performance by the spectacular views before me.

10/07/2013 at 02:20

DV - yes, huge fun

Weedy - no - a little bt of coughing here and there, but really not a problem.  It really is worth it

10/07/2013 at 02:55

Well, I had a lovely 15kms around jasper today....was meant to be 10km but got a little distracted by pretty lakes and shit...and maybe got a little lost. Animal tally was good though. Three squirrels and two elk. Still missing a moose and a bear though. Maybe tomorrow. I'm breaking out the bcrc top so that should bring them all out.

I wanna go on itlr! Just remember all...we have spies and they have cameras.

19,001 to 19,020 of 19,627 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.