Paris Marathon 2013

...and the beat goes on...

19,021 to 19,040 of 19,623 messages
10/07/2013 at 08:22

Happy birthday

Hope you get sorted Kaz - you don't sound right.

10/07/2013 at 08:36

Thanx Weedy! Maybe its just tiredness, everytime I sit down I fall asleep?? Maybe good old fashioned stress!!!

I am learning a new round today with work.......and it involves driving not walking

10/07/2013 at 09:51

Penblwydd Hapus RR

You share your birthday with my fab SIL George - cake all round then.

Kaz, sweetheart.  Contraversial as it may sound, when somebody falls asleep every time they sit down it can often mean THEY ARE BLOODY TIRED AND NEED TO REST MORE.  Not get up at the arse end of KOC to run 10 miles before they've even gone to bed.

Are you eating enough, madam?  We know how you roll...

10/07/2013 at 11:45

Happy Birthday RR!

10/07/2013 at 12:24

Birthday wishes RR- funny how we see a Birthday run as a treat- says a lot!

10/07/2013 at 13:28

Happy birthday RR

Danni - saw the Colour run, looks pretty cool. Darn, too late for me to arrange transport to London (and work is threatening to impinge on my time off as well) but maybe next year?

Did a 5 mile wood/trail run yesterday instead of the 5k time trial - still feeling slightly dizzy and hot and nauseous on a run so thought I'd opt for the gentler option! Run was the best I've had in a couple of weeks - started out feeling peculiar but stuck to a steady pace and felt great at the end - good enough to 'race' some of the faster runners! Really, they were bimbling along and I was blowing a gasket trying to keep up, but it felt good all the same. 

Kaz - Yer Maj is right (as she often is, of course) - a bit of rest will be good for you - proper rest though. Says she, who can't go a day without running without feeling guilty BUT I'm trying to aim for quality over quantity...

10/07/2013 at 13:32
yer_maj wrote (see)

Penblwydd Hapus RR

Kaz, sweetheart.  Contraversial as it may sound, when somebody falls asleep every time they sit down it can often mean THEY ARE BLOODY TIRED AND NEED TO REST MORE.  Not get up at the arse end of KOC to run 10 miles before they've even gone to bed.

Yes, very cutting-edge controversial theories there Yer_Maj. You might not be being as straightforward as you need to be for Kaz to really grasp what on earth you are going on about?!?

And a very happy birthday to you RR. I did not realise that on the day you were born in 1985, the Australian government had a spy blow a hole in Greenpeace's boat The Rainbow Warrior in Auckland Harbour. All Australians are a bit naughty aren't they?!

Acclimatising myself to the prospect of some hot running for ITLR. Took myself out for 10.7kms this lunchtime in the forest, but kept to paths that had no shade so I could feel the heat. It's about 26C here. Ran with my top off again and am now getting a white mark across my chest where the HR monitor goes. Very much looking forward to setting off from Bratislava and of course, this time in 5 days, we'll be about 25kms PAST Vienna!

10/07/2013 at 13:47

change of plan -due to staff shortages I didn't have to learn a new route or drive which is really good cos its just lovely here again!

Yes I am eating,in fact particularly well(by my standards!!) 3 meals per day plus an ice lolly!! Yes I can grasp the fact that my body may feel that it needs to rest but my mind will not!! So much going on at the moment.

I am very jealous  of ITLR, and so wish I could be part of it.

10/07/2013 at 13:47

Hill repeats this morning. 94% humidity. I think I'm getting old

10/07/2013 at 14:02

Happy birthday RR! 

I did The Color Run here (those yanks forgot to spell it right!!) Was loads of fun, def not a run tho, you jog/push through the crowds for the first km, then there is attendants spraying you with bottles of colour (coloured cornflour) then everyone stops to admire how much they have all over themselves/take photos and repeat. For those on fb, I'm sure there are some pics from last year in my lot. Loads of fun!

10/07/2013 at 14:07
And a very happy birthday to you RR. I did not realise that on the day you were born in 1985, the Australian government had a spy blow a hole in Greenpeace's boat The Rainbow Warrior in Auckland Harbour. All Australians are a bit naughty aren't they?!

It was the French who sunk the boat. Although the Australians are still very naughty no matter what day you were born on.

10/07/2013 at 14:21

RR-  Happy birthday!

Weedy-  a no hitter means the pitcher prevented the other team from hitting a ball into play that allowed the batter to reach base safely. it does not mean that the other team never made contact with a pitched ball.

Danirr-  Wow.  You're in Atlanta, right?  Every time i start to complain about the Kentucky heat/humidity I realize you have it worse, and I stop whining, at least for a few minutes.

Kudos to everyone who is out and running, it's definitely mentally and physically challenging this time of year.

10/07/2013 at 15:53
Tricky Dicky¹ wrote (see)

SQUIRRELS!!!!!

no no no. It's SQUIRREL!!!! Never plural I completely did SQUIRREL when I saw one with parents. They didn't get why I was almost keeling over laughing. 

Happy birthday rr! IT WAS THE FRENCH! Rainbow warrior was a greenpeace protest ship about to head to the pacific to protest nuke testing. One guy died. Was and still is a big thing between nz and France. The aussies had nothing to do with it. They put their nuke waste in the outback.

10/07/2013 at 16:35

Felices compleanos RR xx (you were on the gin at 6.30???!!)

10/07/2013 at 18:48

Thanks for the birthday greetings. I would like to point out that I was in no way responsible for the bombing of the Rainbow Warrior. Or for the Battle of Britain either, which also started today in 1940. Not me, guv. And no Jimbob - spelling error only, the gins start in about half an hour .

Kaz - take it easy - you sound knackered. The heat seems to be affecting everyone (apart from our Antipodean correspondent ).

10/07/2013 at 19:03

Happy Birthday RR. Go easy on the gin - I believe there is a shortage and it would be best all round if you left some for Yer_Maj.

Still in rest mode, and enjoying it (too much?)

10/07/2013 at 19:14
Simon MacPerky wrote (see)

Happy Birthday RR. Go easy on the gin - I believe there is a shortage and it would be best all round if you left some for Yer_Maj.

Still in rest mode, and enjoying it (too much?)

Gerroff my gin

10/07/2013 at 19:25

My bad for not pointing out just how naughty the French are and casually assuming it was the 'Straaaalians wot dunnit. What WAS I thinking?!

And another one

That's better. So apart from Dannir and his hill repeats, has anyone else been running around here?

10/07/2013 at 19:33

Running? Not in its purest sense but putting one foot in front of the other whilst breathing heavily and sweating profusely for a couple of hours - yes.

Heat is making proper running difficult but I'm back on my 'plan' for Berlin. 

10/07/2013 at 20:58

I've been playing drill sergeant!

19,021 to 19,040 of 19,623 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.