Paris Marathon 2013

...and the beat goes on...

19,461 to 19,480 of 19,627 messages
26/07/2013 at 12:59
Simon MacPerky wrote (see)

Suze - Dr  Danni is pretty handy with a syringe.

I SAID DR DANNI IS PRETTY HANDY WITH A SYRINGE.

HA! Seriously, it's ridiculous. Quite handy for ignoring chore requests though..."Sorry, dear, I didn't hear you ask for a cup of tea...." Reminds me of the first chapter of Captain Corelli's Mandolin. 

Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)
KeyserSuze wrote (see)

North Norfolk half is on the list for May too - if anyone fancies doing it we have room for guests. Or you lot. Arf. 

There a marathon option as well Suze?

Yes there is, good point! C'mon you marathoners. It's a lovely course, in a beautiful setting. Good bag's good too. 

26/07/2013 at 13:36

i'm sure Weedy and Emmy will be up for it Suze, they are such a pair of marathon tarts. They eat up 26.2 miles at any opportunity

26/07/2013 at 15:42
The Jimbob wrote (see)

...marathon tarts.

Brilliant.

Dark Vader    pirate
26/07/2013 at 21:26
Tricky Dicky¹ wrote (see)
 We came back home to find a note from the neighbour in the apartment below us 

Oh geez...   are you guys arguing already..?!?!

26/07/2013 at 21:54

Weedy - please add to the list for me the Londinium Virginalis Marathon, April 13.  Thanks

26/07/2013 at 22:25
Dannirr wrote (see)

Weedy - please add to the list for me the Londinium Virginalis Marathon, April 13.  Thanks

Paris and Londinium? hardcore! Is your place secured?

26/07/2013 at 22:30
Dannirr wrote (see)

That you moving from a maybe to a definite for Paris as well?

The Jimbob wrote (see)

i'm sure Weedy and Emmy will be up for it Suze, they are such a pair of marathon tarts. They eat up 26.2 miles at any opportunity

I was covered in glitter at a gay pride parade last week and now I'm being called a tart! I prefer the term "half-marathon-phobic" - sounds less camp.

26/07/2013 at 22:42

If you say so, love...

26/07/2013 at 22:50

London place is secured (charity place) - I'm still in the general lottery, but I really wanted to be there so I applied to the charity and they took me. 

Paris is still a maybe - while a week apart seems pretty good, I'm not Emmy or Weedy, and I've been taking quite a bit off work....

Edited: 26/07/2013 at 22:50
27/07/2013 at 06:43

Good morning threadsters from a hot and sultry Brussels. I don't have a firm total because there is some money still to come in for ITLR, but I expect the amount raised to be over 20,000EUR in the end, which is fabulous. Once again, a big thanks to all who contributed, re-posted, ran and encouraged.

Marathon Maus is now the proud owner of a new bicycle after many years of waiting. It was fun last night as she was practising getting used to cleated pedals, riding round the market square. She now has just two technical dismounts to her credit and thankfully no bruises.

We'll go for a ride in the forest today. We might even take the bikes. We now have a bed, an iron, washing machine is coming, a cutlery set. Still using a two piece plastic camping crockery set and have nothing to sit on at all apart from the stools at the kitchen island. You could drop a joke there if you wanted. 

Great to hear you'll be coming to Londinium for the mara Dannirr. What with you, me and OO there, the average age of thread participants is going to be a little heavy this year. Maybe I should start thinking of it more like a wine cellar... that we are developing subtle ripe notes? Anyway, lovely day to you all.

27/07/2013 at 13:41

Yay, I had a good one this morning.  Goals were go long and go strong on technique, and   I got both!!!!   27kms with lots of concentration on form. Yay the stumpies!  Pace was shit about 30 secs min/km slower than should be but I don't do heat and fact I kept going is a win for me.  Now to have drinkies with rr and suzy while our personal chef bbqs. It's going to be tough. 

27/07/2013 at 16:09

How awful for you - I hope you girls have some coping strategies lined up....

27/07/2013 at 18:43

Gwarn RR with the 27km! glad to see you are stepping it up for Berlin. 

autumn marathons are nearly with us so im glad to see everyone is working hard. The ITLR'ers have inspired us all. Plus those ITLR peeps have given themselves a solid training base to push on from. Superb stuff guys. 

More inspiration on the telly today from the king of running Mo!

gonna try to go long in the morning, lets see if that happens

27/07/2013 at 19:51

Jim - that's what I'm hoping, but sore today...

RS - great distance, no doubt super pace. Have a great night, girls. 

Was planning a run in Belfast tomorrow am. May not happen. May just sleep!

28/07/2013 at 07:19

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday dear ATM  

Happy birthday to you   

Edited: 28/07/2013 at 07:20
ATM
28/07/2013 at 08:43

Hip Hip Hooray!

ATM
28/07/2013 at 09:11

Happy birthday

Dark Vader    pirate
28/07/2013 at 09:21

Happy Birthday  

(surprised that maths has advanced to create numbers that big..!!!)

28/07/2013 at 09:27

Happy birthday! Hope mr atm is treating this day with the reverence it deserves.

Gotta love smug Sunday mornings where the lsr is already in the bag. Iain - pace was NOT speedy 6:15 min per km.

28/07/2013 at 09:34

Happy Birthday ATM!!!!

KeyserSuze wrote (see)
Simon MacPerky wrote (see)

Suze - Dr  Danni is pretty handy with a syringe.

I SAID DR DANNI IS PRETTY HANDY WITH A SYRINGE.

HA! Seriously, it's ridiculous. Quite handy for ignoring chore requests though..."Sorry, dear, I didn't hear you ask for a cup of tea...." Reminds me of the first chapter of Captain Corelli's Mandolin. 

Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)
KeyserSuze wrote (see)

North Norfolk half is on the list for May too - if anyone fancies doing it we have room for guests. Or you lot. Arf. 

There a marathon option as well Suze?

Yes there is, good point! C'mon you marathoners. It's a lovely course, in a beautiful setting. Good bag's good too. 

Ooh... Please provide links

The Jimbob wrote (see)

I prefer the term: addict. It's better than marathon slut: thinking about one whilst you're running another

been out this morning with muttely. he's settling in surprisingly well. Am now looking for dog friendly Mara's next year so if anyone has any suggestions please pass them on

TD- soundproofing? I've heard those late night interval sessions can be a bit noisy...

19,461 to 19,480 of 19,627 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.