Paris Marathon 2014

Non, je ne regrette rien

3,341 to 3,360 of 9,575 messages
26/10/2013 at 15:13

Benign murmuring, thanks for the tip. I've got her friends trying to inform the hospital as we speak. 

Mother in law has taken a turn for the worse and the squatting friend is being very hostile towards all her friends. Things do not look good. 

I sincerely apologize to everyone for gumming up a running forum with my very non running woes. I'm just so desperate for help. Thank you again Maus. 

26/10/2013 at 15:15

Charlie - there's more non running talk than running talk goes on here anyway, so don't worry. 

26/10/2013 at 15:43
Charlie4 - as orbutt ( all hail orbutt ) says , we try to avoid things like running talk on here, unless its absolutely necessary !

So anyway ,, back to running talk
5km park run this morning , no knee ache ,my back was fine , fertile imagination still running rampant !!
26/10/2013 at 16:00

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. 

Do fertile imaginations lead to lots of little imaginations??

26/10/2013 at 16:47

Glad your back and knee held out Scoot.  And nothing wrong with a fertile imagination.

i'd be lost without mine. Keeps me sane.

10 miles for me today. Ran it at a fairly rapid pace so feeling very tired, but in a smug self satisfied way.  Mrs Mac's birthday tomorrow so out for a few drinkies tonight.

26/10/2013 at 17:04
Simon being Scottish , we're both been born with a fertile imagination, it's the fresh air !

Speaking of Scottish, fresh and fertile ,, what has happened to eggy ?

Smug always feels good and you cant say you've not earned the drinkies tonite !
26/10/2013 at 17:27

Ocht!  Just common sense stuff that everybody knows about. But I will concede that I helped a client through something similar. Quite a long time ago...

Hey Charlie, this is a community.  We support one another through thick and thin. This year has been the most tumultuous of my life and these guys have been there for me every step of the way. No apologies necessary. We're happy to help, even if it's just attempting to make you smile with some potty humour.

And, really, it's probably best we don't know any more details about Scoot's fertile imagination...

26/10/2013 at 19:08

Double breakfasts - nom, nom, nom, nom

Good news Scoot. On the running I mean, not on having a fertile imagination.

Good luck tomorrow to...Kaz on her cross-country debut, ATM in Paris, Emmy in Frankfurt, CLR and Smelly Melly at the GSR and Elizabeth at Venice, and Carl D in Dublin on Monday.

And happy birthday to Mrs Mac tomorrow

Speaking of running, heard an interesting analogy yesterday. Imagine you're on the start line with a box of matches. Each match represents energy. You've got a certain number of matches to use throughout the run - say ten a mile. You can burn 11 matches in the first mile and go quicker early on, but it means you only have nine matches for one of the subsequent miles.

Anyway, back to the potty humour...

26/10/2013 at 19:31

Weedy, if I took a lighter  would I have endless energy? Or would that be cheating?

26/10/2013 at 20:42

Charlie4 - please keep bringing isues like that up here; we really do behave like a very big and sometimes, funny/ weird/ driven/ athletic/ intelligent/ caring family. I hope you are able to find a skilled and competent lawyer on Tenerife quickly. Maus - I am so genuinely proud of you. I love you to bits. 

Well, I am well and truly smashed. Did a very hilly 4.5hr bike ride today, 126kms, a couple of thousand calories. I first felt tired at 48kms. It was only the last 45 that were really painful.  It was right up there with the worst of any marathons I've run in terms of needing to manage energy and state of mind in order to keep performing. Sleep will come quickly and mercifully tonight.

26/10/2013 at 20:48

Tricky - sounds like you had a good one

26/10/2013 at 21:06

The Beachy Head crew are alive though maybe not quite kicking. One of the toughest, hilliest and most fun races I've done. Spectacular scenery, and cake. Full report to follow.

Good luck to everyone racing tomorrow AND REMEMBER TO CHANGE YOUR CLOCKS TONIGHT (unless you're somewhere which doesn't change them, in which case don't).

26/10/2013 at 21:55

Well done TD  - puts my half hour on the turbo into perspective!

RR - full report required, step by painful step.

26/10/2013 at 22:34

That clock change should leave time for a cheeky morning run before we have a family day out at Blackpool's sandcastle water park, we live a few miles off down in Lytham St.Annes.  Too busy for the usual Saturday long run today but not too busy for 2 cakes 

Good luck to tomorrow's racers!

27/10/2013 at 00:46

Well done Beachy Head folks.  I manages a nice 7-ish miler with BRF today - good to get back to running, and magnificent weather for it!

Weedy Gonzalez wrote (see)

Double breakfasts - nom, nom, nom, nom

Good news Scoot. On the running I mean, not on having a fertile imagination.

Good luck tomorrow to...Kaz on her cross-country debut, ATM in Paris, Emmy in Frankfurt, CLR and Smelly Melly at the GSR and Elizabeth at Venice, and Carl D in Dublin on Monday.

And happy birthday to Mrs Mac tomorrow

Speaking of running, heard an interesting analogy yesterday. Imagine you're on the start line with a box of matches. Each match represents energy. You've got a certain number of matches to use throughout the run - say ten a mile. You can burn 11 matches in the first mile and go quicker early on, but it means you only have nine matches for one of the subsequent miles.

Anyway, back to the potty humour...

And this year's Paris bracelets, which will arrive next week, has the slogan "You can't bank time, only energy".  Just like Weedy's story 

27/10/2013 at 05:41

Kaz O'clock ......

27/10/2013 at 08:39

I love that Danni! 

I probably shouldn't have, but since I have not heard anything about the x country today, I ran 10 miles this morning! Longest run since Berlin and everything. Felt ok apart from the head wind and being cold!

Good Luck to everyone racing or running today! 

27/10/2013 at 13:11

Just finished a marathon in sub3, well 2h53 to be precise. All those years of hard training have clearly paid off.

All the ironing is completely done and put back in the wardrobes. Now for a recovery cup of tea!

27/10/2013 at 14:00

Good effort TD. My ironing PB is 3 shirts, a pair of jeans and 2 pairs of y-fronts. I usually  hit the wall at about the 8 minute mark. Poor training obviously.

ATM
27/10/2013 at 14:21

Lovely Semi du Bois de Vincennes. Roads and paths through the woods .Race Report and fashion critique of Fire Brigade's running uniform to follow, when home. Great bling... lovely , heavy,medal-shaped i.e. round! copper-coloured medal showing chateau and woods. A great race although 2.03 shows how far off the mark my daydreams are...  Definitely one to do again. * Train hard, ladies. 1500 fit men in uniform in a confined space...*

Next, dinner and ascent of Eiffel Tower... with the Stooltire.

ATM
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.