Paris Marathon 2014

Non, je ne regrette rien

9,501 to 9,516 of 9,516 messages
Yesterday at 15:13

Loch Ness marathon looks great 'fun', some good photos of smiley folks

Yesterday at 15:14

Got to admit having just checked out the route profile that's not how I remember that road! That down bit at the beginning I remember as more of a constant undulations.

Yesterday at 15:16

I do think that route profile is all wrong!! 

I am not taking my watch with me to Inverness. Simple. 

Yesterday at 16:15

TD - Sounds like you need to give triathlon a go. It's transformed my outlook on running and cycling, and before you say you can't swim neither could I (very well) but have now competed upto half iron distance and ironman is in sight. 

Yesterday at 17:42

Feedback from folk I know that have done Loch Ness is that it's hilly.  Like Eggy this has been on my wish list for a wee while so going to enjoy the scenery and hang on in there until I find the fudge.  And enjoy the great company of all you lot.

Yesterday at 17:47

+1 for triathlon. I love the variety - my swimming is cr*p, my cycling is worse, but my running is OK. I do it for fun. And I get to wear lots of rubber and lycra, and buy loads of stuff I don't really need.

My running is a bit more serious, but I do intend to try and inject a bit more fun into it.

And Loch Ness is going to be fun. I have heard of folk getting PBs there KS, so don't be put off by the profile.

Yesterday at 22:09

For those running around the 4 hour mark, why not attempt a world record? Apparently the record for fastest marathon dressed as a crustacean was beaten on Sunday in a finishing time of 3:55, by a guy dressed as a lobster.

Go on, you know you want to google 'prawn suits' .

Yesterday at 23:48

Nice 5 mile post London recovery run.

Today at 07:19

Lol prawn suits. Narf!

Today at 07:27
Wow, good for you hatter.

That wasn't meant as sarcasm by the way, I cant swim well either but feel i should take advantage of being near the sea.
Would you recommend improving in a swimming pool first before attempting open water?
Edited: 17/04/2014 at 07:37
Today at 07:36

I'm going to invest in a crab suit, and run sideways.

Today at 08:17

Maxs Mum - I think DV is a good person to ask about swimming. He spent 18 hours in an attempt to swim the Channel as part of a multi-discipline event (he'd already run from London to Dover the day before), but the tides went against him. Anyway, he learned to do the whole swimming in the sea thing.

Hatter - triathlons. Mmm, not sure. I do my bike riding with these guys, one of whom is an ex-professional Kona type. I see that training just takes over the whole of life and I don't find that very appealing. I guess we can all choose at what level to train and there's no obligation to dye your hair blond like our young Engineer friend.

Today at 08:19

Doing a TRi a Tri in Bristol on 1 st June and a swim - run practice 27 th April in Bristol 

my swimming is passable but not as good on a bike as I don't like going down hill !?!? 

Hope I can do the transitions ok xxxx

Today at 08:24

RunningRodent, did you see these also? Or for the speedier ones out there...

Running in his sixth marathon was Ali King, 31, from London, who today set a new title for the Fastest marathon dressed as a baby (male) in a time of 2h 51m 18s.

Thirty-five-year-old year-old Marcus Mumford from Worcestershire set a new  title for the Fastest marathon dressed as a toilet in a time of 2h 57m 54s.

I can only imagine going sub3 and seeing a man dressed as a toilet and an overgown baby already walking about with medals on, would be pretty funny if not surreal, looking through fuzzy eyes at the end of a marathon.

Today at 08:31

Ha ha, loving the world records! maybe need to look back in the dressing up box!

Did my first run post paris last night (I know it was ages ago, but I had a week away with no trainers!) it was slow, but enjoyable - only grumble is that a favoured route is now fenced off due to a housing development  used to be lovely fields...

The advice I got for Loch Ness was train for downhill as well as uphill!

Today at 08:39

Thanks Eggy and MacPerky - I have plenty of time to train for up and down. I'll see how the training goes and make sure that 'enjoying it' is number one on the list. I've found I'm much better at hitting a time target when I'm either not expecting it or someone on the start line says 'hey, I'll bet you could do this in x:xx time' - YerMaj and TheJimBob, I'm looking at you!

Doing a 7-8 mile tonight as part of Plymouth training. That's going to be an 'enjoy it' one, I think - no time to do anything over ten miles as I'm in Sheffield this weekend until Sunday evening, and then driving down on the Friday. 

Marcus Mumford? Is that the Marcus Mumford, from Mumford and Sons?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9,501 to 9,516 of 9,516 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.