Paris Marathon 2014

Non, je ne regrette rien

1,221 to 1,240 of 9,568 messages
05/09/2013 at 08:36

Oh, on Alcatraz do a ranger tour. I they have keys. Might start slow but watch for the keys. 

05/09/2013 at 08:40

Phucking a********s..........all the incentives to get people active doesn't apply to the Council here apparently! Phonecall yesterday morning telling me that we couldn't use 'public' playing fields as apparently they are council owned, and since I am running a 'profit making business'(I could really dispute this), I can not use council property for my own gains?!?!? They cannot rent me council property for this either so I can not hire the games hall or anything in the Schools! But this Council Policy obviously hasn't reached the guy who agreed to rent the squash courts to me for a minimal fee! But it took me over 90 mins to get that booked for Friday.

05/09/2013 at 08:48

Kaz - what if you talk directly to the schools themselves? would that work?

05/09/2013 at 08:49

No the guy that phoned me is actually based in the secondary school. 

05/09/2013 at 09:21
Migrant wrote (see)

Make sure you book the Alcatraz tour quickly. It sells out two to three weeks beforehand and we missed out.

Thanks Migrant, unfortunately we've missed out, just checked and they're all sold out until mid October.

I'm gutted, was so looking forward to that - unfortunately, with planning the wedding the honeymoon's taken a back seat beyond flights and accommodation. Guess that's what I'm doing this weekend, then - along with felt flowers, final dress arrangements, venue checks, chasing other people, music, order of service... Oh, and the last long run of my maiden name and my first parkrun back after the hen do.

Radar Sal wrote (see)

Oh, on Alcatraz do a ranger tour. I they have keys. Might start slow but watch for the keys. 

RS, do you have a link to the ranger tours... maybe they're not sold out...

05/09/2013 at 09:36

Thought you might be amused by this new photo of me and Maus that surfaced yesterday after our run a couple of weekend's ago.

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/345267/gallery/descente_de_la_lesse_2013_08_25_richard_and_alison02.jpg?width=350

05/09/2013 at 09:37

This looks more sane? It would appear I just had a wasp go up my shorts

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/345267/gallery/descente_de_la_lesse_2013_08_25_richard_and_alison04.jpg?width=350

05/09/2013 at 09:48

I also received two pictures yesterday from my PB run in Antwerp..

Coming up to the finish.

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/334358/gallery/antwerp_marathon1.jpg?width=350

Take that PB!

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/334358/gallery/antwerp_marathon2.jpg?width=350

05/09/2013 at 09:51
Tricky Dicky¹ wrote (see)

Thought you might be amused by this new photo of me and Maus that surfaced yesterday after our run a couple of weekend's ago.

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/345267/gallery/descente_de_la_lesse_2013_08_25_richard_and_alison02.jpg?width=350

Maus, you look soomewhat different.

Kaz - I'm flying EasyJet

05/09/2013 at 09:58

Emmy look at you, Ms Slinky Malinky!  That's a great pic!

...in the meantime, Maus is necking vodka....

05/09/2013 at 10:02
yer_maj wrote (see)

Emmy look at you, Ms Slinky Malinky!  That's a great pic!

...in the meantime, Maus is necking vodka....

I think Maus had the right idea I didn't even get the chance to stop for my obligatory "during marathon beer". I wish they had recorded the finish - they would have seen me jumping across the line!

05/09/2013 at 10:04

great photos Slimmy i mean Emmy,

TD and Maus, ahhhh the happy couple.

What were we saying yesterday about 10 miles is 10 miles? Just done 10.4 miles avg 7m23s per mile tempo run. Muggy Sweaty already in the 20s by 7.30am this morning ... it was "fine" but i am just tired from all this training malarkey.... i think Sunday's 21 miler took it out of me more than i first thought. Friday and Saturday no running, This Sunday a half marathon ....

05/09/2013 at 10:11

Jimbob - you're on fire at the moment. Are you following P&D's plan to the word or amending it slightly?

I really love the picture of TD&Maus.

05/09/2013 at 10:58

Emmy H wrote (see)

Jimbob - you're on fire at the moment. Are you following P&D's plan to the word or amending it slightly?

Which one? The first one is my favourite type of photo of myself.

Super photo of you!

My parents leave Isle of Maus today.  Thankfully, I get to see them again next week (and they get to meet TD in person).

It has been an incredible visit. My life has changed so much this year, it has been a great time of reconnection and reflection on how bad things were and how good they are now.

They also now speak fluent BCRC, having been introduced to the flag, the Bristol Stool Chart, KOC and Douglas Maus.

05/09/2013 at 10:59

Suze - As Orbutt said Ghirardelli is well worth visiting if you love chocolate. I'd also advise renting a car and taking a day to drive out into the Napa Valley if you have the time. You get to drive over the Golden Gate Bridge and into some wonderful scenery. Plenty of places to stop and take tours of wine making and get some sample. Best get Mr Suze to drive on that one. I made the rookie mistake of being the driver the time I did that drive.

Also you'll be in the home of the mission burrito. If like me you're a burrito addict they're not be missed.

05/09/2013 at 11:26
Emmy H wrote (see)

Not following P&D. Just an old plan that Chownsie gave me, took some advice from TD and tweaked it, then used it for Paris. Then i have changed it to fit in with my lifestyle and races and now its a new plan that is really my own plan for berlin. But probably based on a lot of other marathon training plans. It's only running and stretching, no other sports or activities.  

05/09/2013 at 11:29

Eggy - in that case, you need to join us in Albuturkey next year. Home of the world famous breakfast Burrito. Nothing quite like it, sold only around 6 am on the balloon field at Balloon Fiesta. 

05/09/2013 at 11:50
Eggyh73 wrote (see)

Suze - As Orbutt said Ghirardelli is well worth visiting if you love chocolate. I'd also advise renting a car and taking a day to drive out into the Napa Valley if you have the time. You get to drive over the Golden Gate Bridge and into some wonderful scenery. Plenty of places to stop and take tours of wine making and get some sample. Best get Mr Suze to drive on that one. I made the rookie mistake of being the driver the time I did that drive.

Also you'll be in the home of the mission burrito. If like me you're a burrito addict they're not be missed.

Oh my word, they look amazing! Any food that needs tinfoil toprovide structural integrity is alright with me, that's for sure. I think I might have to take clothes with very stretchy waistbands..!

The chocolate looks brilliant as well. Yum.

Thank you!

Great photos as well. I haven't done a race since June (and that wasn't a proper one, really). Am really looking forward to the Peterborough half in the middle of October. 

Oh, listmaster Weedy, I've had to pull out of the breakfast run in March - it's a family wedding the next day. Extreme sadface. 50% loss of entry fee and 100% loss of 'transaction fee'. 

Am really looking forwatrd to the RoundNorfolk Relay next weekend though, I've heard it's brilliant fun but not had the chance to do it yet.  Here's the link if anyone fancies a gander: http://www.roundnorfolkrelay.com/

It's 197 miles around the Norfolk county line. I'm doing a 5am leg between Feltwell and Wissington - 7ish miles. We get a baton and everything!

05/09/2013 at 11:51
Eggyh73 wrote (see)

Suze - As Orbutt said Ghirardelli is well worth visiting if you love chocolate.

Oh god yes. Their chocolate is awesome!

Maus - I love the second one actually. The happiness on TD's face - your body posture. It just says: Happy!

Sorry to hear that your parents are leaving the Isle of Maus but perhaps its for the best thing if they've just been introduced fully to the BCRC

05/09/2013 at 12:07

Awww, thanks Emmy! It's really wonderful, and it means a great deal, that our friends and families are able to see how happy we are.

1,221 to 1,240 of 9,568 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.