Paris Marathon 2015

Où la Foch est la ligne d'arrivée?

1,981 to 1,986 of 1,986 messages
Yesterday at 12:43

Just popped in to see how everyone is getting on.

Some great running as is usual and many other things beside.

Jimbob - fantastic achievement yesterday. It will not be long now before you break the 3 hours. You have been putting in a tremendous effort and really deserve it. Well done.

My autumn runs have not worked out the way I planned as life just got in the way.

I am in Paris as we speak and planning to get a run in down by the Seine later.

Paris is a little early for me next year as it looks like I will continue being a tad busy at work into the new year. So I am thinking of Edinburgh instead. I am also doing Chicago next year after having deferred my place this year.

I am considering adopting the Hansons Method as well. Have tried P&D but did not grow to like it. Anyone else tried this one before ?

Yesterday at 13:54

Fantastic results from just about everyone this weekend, well done guys!

Yesterday at 16:26
Awesome running jimbob congratulations, what is the target for Boston?

Freddy1 - I plump for high 5 Isogel 60ml, smooth tasting

Bye
Yesterday at 18:29

Freddy - i'm another for high5 and happen to know that a certain online retailer is offering them buy one get one free at the moment.

Yesterday at 20:33
All the foot pod -- lost GPS talk is stressing me out. My current Garmin isn't compatible with it, so we are talking a new watch + foot pod. $$. Any other options people use? I'm ok with losing gps temporarily but if it never came back, that would probably be the end of me, mentally.

On another topic, sorry if you've covered it earlier, is the course restricted? IE am I going to be able to have my husband jump in to run most of the last 6 or so mikes with me to pace me / keep me going?
Yesterday at 21:14

Formaggio - which Garmin are you using? I've used a 110 without a foot pod and it was fine. Watch out though, the distance measuring isn't 100% accurate (tall buildings, weaving around etc). For absolute accuracy you can't beat using your watch for the time and checking it against a pace band at each km marker.

Shouldn't be a problem to have your husband join you towards the end, but he won't be able to cross the finish line with you. They do pull runners without numbers off the course at the last bend, so be prepared to run the last 0.2 miles yourself in a blaze of glory . You won't have any trouble with motivation up the final straight with the crowd howling like banshees...

Edited: 20/10/2014 at 21:16

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1,981 to 1,986 of 1,986 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.