Paris Marathon 2015

Où la Foch est la ligne d'arrivée?

2,041 to 2,054 of 2,054 messages
Yesterday at 10:25
Good luck Emmy, Beachy Head is too close to Stevenage for me. I am planning on doing it next year. I have done the LDWA South Downs 'marathon' 28+ miles and 4000ft ascent.

It's a beautiful place assuming there's no sea fog or high winds which can make the route entertaining and fairly challenging.
Yesterday at 13:18
Eggyh73 wrote (see)
E mmy wrote (see)
It'll be my bf's first time in Paris and he's running the marathon as well. He's talking very optimistically about climbing the Eiffel Tower on Monday

Now this we need a video of!

+1 for this

Emmy, I'm not sure what we are going to do. My wife has been before, so will probably be mopping up what she didn't get to see last time and chilling.

Yesterday at 13:41

Peter - Last year I had a tourist day to myself on the Monday after the marathon. Personally I find walking the day after is great for the legs, but stairs are evil!

I wandered from the Arc de Triomphe to the Pompidou, stopping off for a coffee on the way. Then I spent some time in the Pompidou before wandering past Notre Dame and grabbing a bite to eat in a cafe in St. Michel. I then spent some time in the Pantheon. After that I walked to the Eiffel Tower (didn't go up). All easy paced and good for the legs, but maybe more distance than some would fancy the day after the run.

Yesterday at 14:25

Personally I find getting up stairs OK it getting down them that's a problem

Yesterday at 17:23
Amasis Saba wrote (see)

TinkerBell, your brilliant guide talks about using the form on the website for the medical certificate.  I guess there was a link in the guide previously? I have looked but in vain to find one on the site (which only tells you to "think about getting it done now").  Do you have a template or previous copy. It would probably be really helpful for a lot of newbies.

PS watched your video, beautiful! really cheered up my day at the office!

A

Oh thanks on both counts.

I had hyperlinked to the form in the first heading under item 6 in the Field Guide - does the hyperlink not work for you? Glad you found it anyway!

No running yet. I'm still jet-lagged. And floating on cloud 9! 

Today at 04:43

List fairy:

please put me and BRF down for the Hot Chocolate 15k on Jan 25th.  thank you

Today at 09:21

A hot chocolate run. Now that sounds like my sort of run!

Today at 10:05
TartanPimpernel wrote (see)

I can't do FB messages on phone either.  Will reply with mine.  I'm staying in Farnham which is just outside BS.  See you on Sunday!

Farnham is right outside BS? I have got my geography really wrong!

TimR wrote (see)
Good luck Emmy, Beachy Head is too close to Stevenage for me. I am planning on doing it next year. I have done the LDWA South Downs 'marathon' 28+ miles and 4000ft ascent.

It's a beautiful place assuming there's no sea fog or high winds which can make the route entertaining and fairly challenging.

I'm hoping that it'll be good weather. A friend of mine that has done 10+ beachy's said that you can never be too sure about the weather so i'm thinking of taking my raidlight backpack with some spare clothes/etc

Eggyh73 wrote (see)

A hot chocolate run. Now that sounds like my sort of run!

Where do we sign up? Is this like the doughnut dash?

I'm offering this as well on facebook... but if anyone wants 5 banana blast high 5 gels - let me know. First come first serve

Today at 12:52

I'm offering this as well on facebook... but if anyone wants 5 banana blast high 5 gels - let me know. First come first serve

Hot chocolate run...now that does sound tempting. Didn't you do this in January this year Danni?

Ooh thanks Emmy. I'd love some. As long as they don't taste like banana! 

Today at 12:57

No clue. I only like banana's in their "real" form as opposed to other forms. You're welcome to them if you want to give them a try?

Today at 13:07

You are all invited:

http://www.hotchocolate15k.com

Today at 13:16
Dannirr wrote (see)

You are all invited:

http://www.hotchocolate15k.com

Cool medal!

Today at 14:41

Hi everyone

First time marathoner, feeling a bit nervous.

Booked my Eurostar, Doctors note signed and stamped and TinkerBEL sent me her brilliant guide (thank you!) so the easy part is almost done!

Had an accident at the beginning of July and tore ligaments in both my feet however I'm back to running four times a week, weekly mileage up to about 20 miles now and aiming to steadily increase it. Doing the Greenwich Park 10k on the 21st Dec then hoping to start a marathon training plan.

Any advice on training plans or should I just search through the forums? There seem to be so many out there! 

Today at 14:44

Hi Jamus, welcome to the thread (or welcome back!).

What type of plan are you looking for? or what can you commit to? E.g. 3 runs a week? 5 runs a week? crosstraining? Number of miles/time per week etc.

Maybe based upon that - we could give some recommendations.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2,041 to 2,054 of 2,054 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.