Paris Marathon 2015

Où la Foch est la ligne d'arrivée?

4,821 to 4,823 of 4,823 messages
Yesterday at 22:38

HeatherS - races, just like training runs, are really unpredictable. When do they ever go just as you planned? At Bath you were rushed getting there then you had to start in the stupid orange section, which is like the kiss of death in that race  (This doesn't apply to HIAHS because she is on some amazing, meteoric rise through pbs). Gloucester is another race - it just won't go the same way. If it helps I am also eaten up with insecurity. For me its about my low mileage training.

Welcome minniemonster. Once you've got the map, iIf you want to get really obsessive, you can do a virtual run through the route using google street view.

Yesterday at 22:42
Tricky - the odd people were rather well behaved, I made a bit of a joke about my walk looking like I'd had an "accident" - that accident was running 15 miles, got a laugh and it all went ok! I quite enjoy a bit of presenting as long as I don't over think it - always better winging it!

RR - reading your post, I think my problem was not being hydrated before I started. We had been celebrating Mr Bettza's birthday on the Friday night (and Saturday morning) and I drank my last bit of alcohol before Paris, so was probably still dealing with that. I'm south of England so not particularly warm, but the run was sheltered on all sides and I did get tan lines!
Next LSR I will make sure I'm hydrated beforehand! Ive never been so thirsty on a run.

My training plan is all over the place at the moment after illness etc etc...doing Larmer 20 in two weeks, but debating whether to do a 17/18 next weekend, or to drop to 10/11 to help me out for the 20. Not going for a competitive time, just mileage. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Good luck to all nursing injuries on here - hope they are better soon!
Today at 00:03

Right, I've entered the Olympic Park 10k thingy in July before I forget. Jimbob - can't you use John Lewis as a reason to get to Stratford? I'd go there for that reason alone, and it's a bit of a trek from my part of town...

List Fairy - I'm a bit late for next weekend and the MK half, but can you add me to...

May 25: London BUPA 10k

Jul 19: Olympic Park 10K

Sep 27: Berlin Marathon

Oct 18: Amsterdam Marathon (those last two were a bit badly planned...)

Think that's all of them for now, but hoping to throw in a few more half maras over the summer/autumn to keep me going.

Edited: 03/03/2015 at 00:04

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4,821 to 4,823 of 4,823 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.