Paris Marathon 2015

Où la Foch est la ligne d'arrivée?

1,541 to 1,551 of 1,551 messages
Yesterday at 12:54

Surfing for a Half Marathon in the run up to Paris already....

Looking at Silverstone and Reading, would like to do them both really, as not done either before and events absorb the training making a marathon campaign at the weekends a little more family friendly. Anyone got any intel on either of these events or suggestions of others in the Sud U.K. in March?

Yesterday at 13:02

Ah! That special countdown.

A few on the thread did Silverstone this year in preparation for it so can give you a good overview. I did Fleet in March and can highly recommend that as a great indication of preparation and readiness. I didnt like Reading but that was just me I think.

Wokingham half is always a good one and super fast.

Yesterday at 13:23

merci orapidrun

I did Silverstone, got a PB but wouldn't do it again as I found the course hideously boring and it took us 3hours to get out of the car park...

Race Your Pace was quite a good one - laps of Eton Dorney - albeit not that interesting. 

Yesterday at 13:25

The Milton Keynes half in March is always a good event - http://www.mkrun.co.uk/

Yesterday at 14:31

I've got auto-entry to Wokingham Half after the cancellation due to flooding this year. Hopefully we'll get to run this time around!  

Yesterday at 14:47

I've signed up to Reading as my spring mara prep too. I've not done it before but I've heard good things about it and I'm a sucker for a big event! Flatter course than last year, Madejski stadium finish.

Bristol Half for me this weekend. Shooting for a sub 1h40 and a 10ish minute PB. Hopefully my stool will behave until the finish!

Yesterday at 15:24

Good luck Matty! The only thing i remember about Reading was the hill at mile 4! Didnt it always end in the madejski stadium? or am i getting confused with the MK one?

Yesterday at 16:30

Apparently it's always ended in the Madejski, but they've altered other portions of the route to make it less flat. There used to be a Bois de Bolougne style sparsely supported dragged out last couple of miles. You'd run toward the stadium get near the front and have to do another 3 mile loop before you get to go in. Must have been soul destroying! 

Yesterday at 16:43

Yes - that was the one that I did. I hated those last few miles

Yesterday at 18:52

Good luck Matty in Bristol - go well! Look forward to hearing how you get on with that PB shot.

Like the idea of the MK 20 miler more than the HM, could be a good way of disguising another long training run. Not sure about the 3hr exit from Silverstone, but like the idea of running an (ex) F1 circuit, someone else mentioned that too. Could have a bite to eat etc and stick around as long as possible to avoid the exit queues...mmm?

Wokingham is a possibility, not toooooo far away. I heard about the flooding problem last year with that one, good news you got an auto re-registration, thisisnatty.

Will have to have a look at the dates and work it out......over a beer ce soir.

I've got Blenheim HM in a couple of weeks, freebee in, as was injured last year and had to withdraw from race.......very kind folks at BHF took pity.

Today at 06:46

Reading is great, the end is a dual carriageway for about 1.5 miles where u see the stadium on the horizon, then you take a right do a little out and back and then approach the last half mile to the stadium. it's a good course.

Orapid, I'm doing North London Half on 15/3 and Reading on 22/3. Swerving Silverstone this year after last year's faff with the car park. That's the first year I've had trouble leaving, was my 5th in the last 10years, the field size hasn't grown. It's well organised and a fast course

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1,541 to 1,551 of 1,551 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.