Parkrun Midlands

Anyone know if theres a parkrun near me?

81 to 97 of 97 messages
05/10/2010 at 13:20
Matthew - Braunstone parkrun started on 25/09 and is now running every Saturday at 9am.
08/11/2010 at 13:13

This thread's gone quiet...

I assume that's because our local parkruns are all doing so well, and no-one has anything to say here that they can't shout about at the events!

Really pleased Brueton's going so well, thanks to the new team. I must make the time to go and run there again.

Cannon Hill is also going from strength to strength, but we would welcome more ladies, and more slower runners. Of course faster folk are welcome too. Warren has proved it to be a fast course, but we could do with someone to give him a race! Sub-15:18, anyone?

See you Saturday.

08/11/2010 at 17:20

A slower runner you say ?

I may know someone !

08/11/2010 at 17:32
We do have ladies and children present Spence... and some of the chaps have sensitive ears too.
08/11/2010 at 19:06
Always the perfect lady me !
08/11/2010 at 19:18
19/11/2010 at 16:56

The parkrun in Coventry War Memorial park is fantastic and superbly organised. The setting is lovely (as with all parkruns I expect), tree-lined for most of the run and taking in the Memorial itself twice per lap. And for some reason, the weather is almost always perfect, or is that a case of rose-tinted spectacles? I've recently started a blog on parkrun and my parkrun experiences: http://parkrunfan.blogspot.com/

I am surprised that there isn't a parkrun in Sutton Park yet. Many years ago I did an orienteering course there and it is a lovely park, with plenty of space for a parkrun. Lets hope one comes along sometime soon.

19/11/2010 at 19:48

Watch this space!

26/11/2010 at 07:33

I've just got into Parkrun with my wife & we love it.......living in Nottingham it's a bit of a journey to our nearest, but well worth it.

Made a runners eye view to the Brueton run a few weeks back if anyone wants a look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mrGrj7jfog

25/12/2010 at 18:28

In the parks of towns and cities, and on village greens up and down the country, countless thousands of people every week give up their time to participate in sport and exercise of all sorts, or simply encourage others to do so”.

So said HRH in her Christmas Day broadcast - obviously a parkrun fan. 

Great to see everyone at Cannon Hill parkrun this morning. Great friendly atmosphere as always, and lots of Santa suits and hats!

Merry Christmas to all parkrunners, especially the volunteers.

04/09/2011 at 21:18
I really really wish there was a parkrun at Sutton Park. Everywhere else is simply too far
04/09/2011 at 22:09

Blimey, I'd forgotten about this thread!

Eight months on and Cannon Hill parkrun has just celebrated our first birthday!

Not sure what the score is with Sutton parkrun. It was always on the cards, but just hasn't happened. Probably down to difficulties finding folks to take on the Event/Race Director roles.

Fancy it, Louise?

Scampalaaa - I trust you're aware that Colwick parkrun started up recently?

Edited: 04/09/2011 at 22:17
05/09/2011 at 18:00
Ha ha ha...u r kidding. I only just started running myself!!!
16/10/2012 at 21:52

Coventry is great and has a massive turn out every week

17/10/2012 at 08:17

Cannon Hill Parkrun has just celebrated its second birthday and also broke an attendance record with over 350 runners!

BBC were filming there last week and we should see a segment about us on Midlands Today this Friday as part of preparations for the Great Brum Run.

17/10/2012 at 09:50

ooh will watch that, didnt know this thread existed

I go to WALSALL parkrun, its great, easy to park too and i've also volunteered a couple of times too. There is a good atmosphere, we need more people along there is usually an average of 60 people but a nice mix, from fast ( think someone did 17mins the first time I did it ) and slow ( 45mins? ) 

Its based at Walsall Arboretum ( to be honest this is closer than Sutton Park for me ) Its a shame tho that Sutton Park never took off but probably lack of volunteers

17/10/2012 at 18:37

Well..... nearly 3 years after starting the thread I finally made it along to to a parkrun.... at Walsall Arboretum on Saturday just gone.

Other than the fact that I haven't really run for the last 18 months I don't know what took me so long!  It was ace.  Having other people running really did help and I was much faster than I though I would be (starting afresh after a long break).

The only problem was that I found myself being late and running in the other direction to all the runners as they started, and I tried to get to the start.

Will definately be going again.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 97 of 97 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.