PECO 'XC'

21 to 32 of 32 messages
13/01/2013 at 17:21
Sorry, meant to ask whether you did!
13/01/2013 at 18:57

I took a lot of photos today of Race 3 of the PECO X/C at Bramley Fall Woods - downsizing them for upload has reduced the quality a bit but I have the originals if anybody wants a copy

13/01/2013 at 19:21
Good pics, those
14/01/2013 at 15:34

@ Nykie'

Yes I did, didn't enjoy it much though (my 'heart wasn't in it'), but decided to do it, to try & gain (Veteran male) points for Club

Didn't like that section dropping back off the main field to the woods, where there were all the blocks of stone/bricks partially buried in the grass

Or, the bunch-ups/'full-stops' on the first lap where the course narrowed between the bushes

@ Johnny;

Some good shots there!, I've missed your camera though

15/01/2013 at 00:10
No, I wasn't so keen on the bunch-ups either, especially on the second lap when one of the first runners came past me and shouted to the girls in front, 'Out of the way! Quickly!'
15/01/2013 at 09:35
Nykie wrote (see)
No, I wasn't so keen on the bunch-ups either, especially on the second lap when one of the first runners came past me and shouted to the girls in front, 'Out of the way! Quickly!'

That's not good form!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I rode Cyclo-Cross, it was considered 'proper' to shout "On your Left!" (or right) before passing, in order to give the overtaken rider chance to make allowances

And it's the same in Fell-Running, as far as possible (& to ask if someone's okay, if they've stopped/fallen)

Personally, I didn't appreciate the fact that someone jumped over the marker -tape at the first hold-up (by Holly bush) & gained about 50-60 places!

Edited: 15/01/2013 at 09:37
15/01/2013 at 13:54

I know. I'm still wondering whether to complain. Yes, I saw people doing that and, although it wouldn't affect me, I could totally see why it would annoy faster people.

15/01/2013 at 15:25

I finished it in 44 mins, which I was quite happy at considering that was my 1st XC in 17 years. My PB for 5 miles is 38 mins, but those hills absolutly took it out of my legs on the 3rd lap. was running at 10 min miles by the time I got over the last hill. Some of the other lads in my club said that was one of the hardest courses they’ve done in years, so I picked a good one to start with. Ha ha.

p.s. I was at that same hold-up when that person jumped over the marker, and I know that said person as they train with our club sometimes. I wont give out any names, but ill give them a telling off next time I see him. He he

15/01/2013 at 20:10

@ Sean;

yes I'll agree, it was a toughie!
Not sure about my time as I did start the watch, but forgot to stop it on crossing the line

Re; the tape-jumper - if he does that at the next rounds (if course if bottle-necked - after all, tape is there to mark the course), I guess people will officially complain & cause him (or unfortunately his Club??) to be prohibited from entering PECOs?

16/01/2013 at 09:22
Edited: 16/01/2013 at 09:23
17/02/2013 at 21:33

Was anyone at this mornings race, up at Manston, round Baarnbow Woods (& 'The Leeds Country Way)
For the local history spotters, the large slopes & testing-ramps in the parking area were remnants from when Vickers manufactured tanks on the site

http://www.pecoxc.co.uk/pages/race4.html

Edited: 17/02/2013 at 21:33
03/03/2013 at 21:25

Did anyone run the lsat two???
Race 4 @ Barnbow (near the old Vickers tank factory)
A good fun course, with only one lap

Race 5 @ Boddington Hall (a University of Leeds facility)

'Claggy' wasn't it?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 32 of 32 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.