Pembrokeshire Coastal Challenge

21 to 36 of 36 messages
EH
31/10/2012 at 21:26

Yes it was a 3am scotch egg, was very ashamed of myself after enjoying it so much!! I bought chia seeds/ frog spawn after reading Born to Run not sure what sort of effect they have though, I keep waiting for someting to happen. I did look at the Oner but ive booked in to do the Dirty Weekend beginning of May so financially its just not doable. I shall be wearing the pink socks on day one so you'll spot me very easily ( and run away) A mate of mine keeps trying to get me to take part in triathlons but my swimming is shockingly awful and im too easily distracted to ride a bike safely

EH
31/10/2012 at 21:31

A group of us are also debating the Marathon de Medoc, what could be better running and drinking

31/10/2012 at 21:36
LOL
31/10/2012 at 21:40
I'm not convinced by the frog spawn either. Especially the bit that involves drinking it! My swimming leaves a lot to be desired too. Swimming is the devils work!
31/10/2012 at 21:42
Ah yes Medoc, where they serve wine at the drinks stations! Sells out within hours that event apparently, cannot think why There's a winter race near here called the Meon Valley Plod, where rum is served at mile 20, madness. Will look out for the socks and make a point of not running away
EH
31/10/2012 at 21:42

I drank the frog spawn, it tasted non descript to be honest but the texture was unnerving!! I agree swimming is the devils work

31/10/2012 at 21:44
Did you taper this week? I always struggle with that. That daft idea that a couple of days off and you will lose your edge...
31/10/2012 at 21:45
Unnerving is the word! LOL
EH
31/10/2012 at 21:50

I havent run since last friday, was gonna go for a 10 on sunday but woke up saturday with stinking cold so thought it best to rest really instead of making myself worse. Im not normally that sensible but thought i should just have a break and recover. I have a really weak immune system so I need the rest sometimes . Im itching to go run now though, instead of running ive mainly been eating ( shovelling haribo into my mouth as I type).I think its good to have a little rest.have you tapered??

31/10/2012 at 22:03
Yes, sort of tapered, have been cutting back over the last few days. Last long(ish) run was Sunday. Short ones Mon/Tue and nothing today/tomorrow. Sounds like you've done exactly the right thing if you had a cold. A sure sign you are rested if itching to run once more, or is that just e addiction?! Some Haribo would be nice, but the local trick or treat kids have emptied the cupboard this eve!
31/10/2012 at 22:05
e should have said the..
EH
31/10/2012 at 22:07

i have had no trick or treaters hence eating the sweets to myself!!!

31/10/2012 at 22:16
Pretending not to hear the knock at the door?. I even gave away the small bag of Haribo that came in my last Wiggle order.. More fool me!
31/10/2012 at 22:18
Now dreaming of the votwo cheese & pickle sarnies, which are the most basic of sandwiches on white bread, with too much butter, but so,preferable to a gel by checkpoint three!
EH
31/10/2012 at 22:20

cheese and pickle....the devils food

31/10/2012 at 22:27

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 36 of 36 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.