Perkins Great Eastern Run

Perkins Great Eastern Run

21 to 23 of 23 messages
15/10/2012 at 10:48

I had a great time. The organisation leading up to the race seemed a bit slap dash (the website, the race packs, lack of responses to emails), but I couldn't fault it on the day. Loads of people worked really hard to make it an enjoyable event.

I agree it wasn't very scenic, but a nice flat HM was what I needed for my first attempt.

Big thanks to all involved.

15/10/2012 at 11:15

First time I've run this race and first time I've run in any rave with more than 1500 runners.

I wondered why there wern't any threads on this race and was quite surprised to see 4000 odd people running with huge numbers from clubs represented.

Not many posts on this thread.

Ran it as part of my Rutland Water Marathon training so a good marathon paced run saw me finish in the time I was after and suprisingly well into the top half of the finishers. I will have to run it one year with a PB in mind.

I hope the person being loaded into the ambulance on a stretcher at the finish line at around 12:30 is OK.

16/10/2012 at 12:38
scoggy wrote (see)

The organisation leading up to the race seemed a bit slap dash (the website, the race packs, lack of responses to emails)

The organisation since the race seems a bit slapdash too! I really enjoyed the race - fast, flat course and good crowd support - and was delighted to crack the 1:30 barrier, only to find in the official results they'd got my race number mixed up and had me down as running half an hour slower  Ok, mistakes happen (the race number was one out so easily done I suppose), but I've emailed twice asking them if they could rectify it and haven't had any response at all so far. Has taken the gloss off an otherwise excellent event to be honest.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.