Pilgrims Hospice Canterbury Half -Marathon

41 to 44 of 44 messages
28/05/2007 at 19:11
I think I have dried out now! The race went according to plan - I started steadily, overtook a few people on the way up the long drag, stood to one side as they zoomed past me again on the downhill, and picked them all off in the next couple of miles before walking up the hill at 10-11, and then overtook a car on the way past the orchards. That was my fourth half this year, and the slowest by a matter of seconds, but I still beat my target time by nearly 3 minutes, so I cannot complain.
29/05/2007 at 11:11
That was a great race! I wanted a time of 1hr 55 to get me back into the swing of running my favourite distance, the half marathon (after having 2.5 yrs off)! It certainly has got my motivation back - I ran 1hr 48 mins, so I am chuffed to bits (still 1 minute away from my PB, but I wasn't planning a fast one anyway, so I am pleasantly surprised).

Thanks to the RW sub-50 min training schedule (which I did not follow 100% mind you!).

It was a wonderful run - I didn't even walk once, not even up the hill!
Now I need to decide on my next race - there is no stopping me now!

I will be doing that one again next year - I am off to rate it.

Well done all of you and well done to the guy I stopped from walking up the last hill to the finish line.
29/05/2007 at 13:40
Thanks for explaining the timing system Bill, makes a lot of sense, I was quite a way back at the start of the race so that must be why my clock time was quicker.
Kept looking around for the elusive Mike Gratton, but all I could hear was his voice booming out from the tannoys in the hedges, how on earth he ran a half marathon in 1 hour 5 mins I do not know!
30/05/2007 at 16:18
mrb,

If you are in that sort of form, why not try the Southend Half in a couple of weeks time? It is much flatter than Canterbury, and has definite PB potential, if the sun does not come out...

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 44 of 44 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.