Pitsford Water Marathon

1 to 20 of 36 messages
16/10/2012 at 23:03
This one looks interesting. Just noticed that the entry form says that there is no secure baggage facility though. That could be a deal breaker for a number of potential entrants. Anyone have any ideas as I certainly don't fancy carrying an overnight bag around with me throughout the course?
04/11/2012 at 22:05

security locker somewhere if you have valubles then?

09/11/2012 at 21:20

I was thinking more about where to leave an overnight case or holdall. I can probably keep valuables in a bum bag and run with it. I nearly came a cropper last Sunday at Rutland Water as it had no official facility there and was raining throughout the race.

10/11/2012 at 10:09
If the course is laps of the water then you could park your car at the causeway carpark and lock your bag in it. Then you can access it each lap.
10/11/2012 at 16:33

I was going to see if I could avoid taking the car and going by rail instead. I suspect, however, from what I can gather, that that may not be practical.

12/11/2012 at 14:35

Pitsford is quite a way from Northampton or Market Harborough rail stations mate.  There is a bus service to Brixworth village however and that is not far from the resi. 

12/11/2012 at 21:27

Thanks Mark. I must admit I'm now tempted by Cambridge Boundary too, so am now spolit for choice.

15/11/2012 at 10:26

I've just signed up for this as I've not done a multiple-lap marathon before.

Paul, I ran Rutland too, what a day eh?  It rained from mile 2 all the way and it was so cold.  I passed a few people in the last 10 miles who all looked like they were heading for hypothermia as they didn't have enough/adequate clothing on!

I was SO glad to see the finish!!

16/11/2012 at 23:29

Yes, there are quite a number of interesting comments on the Rutland thread, although as yet still none from the organisers. I need Malaga next month to warm me up after that one.

19/11/2012 at 20:25

Where is there any information about this race?  The organisers website looks so amateurish it does not fill me with confidence.

06/01/2013 at 17:43

There is an entry form online ref: the Pitsford Water Marathon. Link here just click Pitsford Water Marathon.

http://www.madeyarun.com/Booking.php

This event is for charity and though we do not have the most professional website on the market our knowledge of marathons and staging events at a reasonable cost is we trust is as good as most.

Dave Major & Linda Major - World Records Holders for the Most marathons completed by a married couple. ( 858 as of 5/1/13)

07/01/2013 at 12:59

Just so your aware this is the same day as Silverstone Half Mara

I often run Pitsford Resi, was there on Sat and did a lap and a half  its a lovely scenic run but be warned its very open to the elements.  Also at the moment still rather water logged and muddy, its all trail apart from the causeways.

There are a couple of paying car parks you can use and also free parking on the sides of the causeway if you get there early

I am doing Silverstone but hope you all enjoy who is doing it and the weather is kind to us

10/01/2013 at 16:36

I am in for this one, training run before Milton Keynes marathon in May and then a 100 miler in August if training goes well.

13/01/2013 at 04:34

Considering this one....Need something to travel on from a race in the central Brecons the day before.....So a Welsh marathon would be rather convenient....!

Rutland was EPIC....Rather wet & cold.....

07/02/2013 at 13:27

going to do 3 laps of the course saturday morning as training looking forward to it

10/02/2013 at 18:24
@Yellowmag - don't always read a book by its cover. I've used the site for a lot of other races that are run by them and also by other RD's and can honestly say that I much prefer one of their events than perhaps a larger race with a 'flashier' website.

I'm really considering this one but after my packed February - I might need a break!

@Paul - maybe contact the organisers and ask them if they can provide more details about a secure baggage area? I normally leave everything in my car but can imagine that if you're coming by train it's not convenient.
11/02/2013 at 21:34

Thanks Emmy. I have already committed to Cambridge Bounday on 3 March, so may need to consider this one for 2014 instead. The 12 noon start at Cambs did it for me in the end, although I would love to support this race at the next available opportunity.

23/02/2013 at 14:28

I live nearby and wish to jog over and support an old team mate who is running. Can anyone tell me which way round the race goes please? I could not find it on the race information. Thanks.

23/02/2013 at 18:50

Steve, I just received some info by email and the map says it goes from Brixworth Country Park down the south side of the water east towards the causeway and then west on the north side of the water back to the Country Park.

26/02/2013 at 12:38

really looking forward to this first race of the year

1 to 20 of 36 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.