41 to 50 of 50 messages
10/11/2006 at 17:44
also a few 10k before christmas then

richard Burton 10k
Lliswerry 6 miler
Pontypridd reverse 10

maybe Rome Marathon...but maybe
FLM...again maybe have place but dont like race

So as you can see I race a far bit but my key race will be Amsterdam marathin in October wher I will try to qualify for Boston marathon(USA not Lincoln)

so See you Sunday my little red devil:-)))
10/11/2006 at 17:55
Got my number today. No. 674.
10/11/2006 at 18:00
So we are 4 then:-0

Boffin.......
Red devil.....
Rickster...674
Poppy.......604
11/11/2006 at 08:25
Boffin.......
Red devil.....692 (providing pack comes this morning)
Rickster...674
Poppy.......604

Hi Rickster - was it you that had a training diary for the Lincoln 10K on one the Lincs websites earlier this year?

Crikey, loadsa races...
Think I need to get myself to more races, I might begin to relax about how things will go on the day with more experience.
11/11/2006 at 08:31
That's right Red Devil, that's me!
11/11/2006 at 14:51
Boffin....553
Red devil.....692 (providing pack comes this morning)
Rickster...674
Poppy.......604

RD, no matter how many races one does, you never seem to get over pre-race bowels!

...that's why there is always huge queues for the toilets on race day!!

Nothing wrong with running in football shorts; if it works for you then go for it:))
11/11/2006 at 17:19
Thanks Boffin - my pack arrived this morning so it's all systems go......

The toilet facilities at tomorrows venue are plentiful from what I remember from my numerous trips to them last time I did the Poppy Run, so that's a relief.....

Hope you both have a good trip over in the morning.

We are going to a quiz tonight in the local village, but it'll be water only for me (mite push the boat out and have a juice - how reckless).
12/11/2006 at 10:29
I won't be able to make it today. I'm bunged up with cold, and have no energy at all, so it wouldn't be a very good idea to run.
There will always be next year.
13/11/2006 at 21:31
Hope you are on the mend Rickster....

It all seemed to go smoothly yesterday, conditions were pretty kind. There were 141 runners, so a reasonable sized field for the event.

I managed a PB of 36.10 (less than 10mins behind the winner, just!) so was pleased.

Nice to have met up with Boffin and Welsh Poppy - I could well take you up on the offer of coming over for an event in south Wales, so I hope you weren't regretting the offer after the pulse rates returned to normal!!!

Could it be the Cardiff marathon??? - only another 21.2 miles further!!!
I've just had a look at your thread on the subject Boffin - it certainly seems to have got the juices flowing in quite a few forumites.....
14/11/2006 at 09:49
The marathon is dear to our hearts - just a pity the current organisers do not hold with the same passion:(

No worries RD, find an event and let us know - should be no problem because like as not we will be doing it too!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 50 of 50 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.