Porthkerry Plod 5

who's in?? :-D

41 to 60 of 396 messages
07/04/2008 at 23:28

Oh no sorry to hear that Guess thats why you werent at club tonight? First time back @ Bute Park which was good.  How did Barking do? I think we might have a runner for life in our midsts

Wish I was coming on Sunday to support everyone, too late to plan now though.  Me and Sarah from club are going to be applying online for next year on Sunday (I think I must be mad!).  Hope the weather holds out for everyone, especially Rio.

So Porthkerry is your next? What you got after? I'm doing the Barry 5K, then the Llanelli 10K.  Think i'll give this one a miss, got a few niggles at the moment that I dont want to develop.

07/04/2008 at 23:43

I dont think I get out of this one that easily.........

I hope you arent referring to me as a "runner" - LMAO

Maybe we should all apply online for FLM - then can do it in 5 years time when finally get in

Never to late to plan to go KJ - I havent ooked tickets or anything yet, but hoping I will manage to get my backside there - if I can work out how the hell I will find my way around London on my tod!

And Nam - it wasnt that bad   I think you did great.  I would have died by 2km if you werent pacing

07/04/2008 at 23:45

What time did you guys do it in? 

I'm gonna apply through the ballot and then if I dont get it run for the Alzheimer's Society.  The only thing then is as well as the challenge of running 26.2 miles, I have to raise £2000 for them - a feat in itself!

Nam
07/04/2008 at 23:46
Oh are we back at Bute Park??  I sent Barking to Roath!!  Sorryyyy!!!! 
07/04/2008 at 23:47
Hmm just realised I have pretty much eaten my way through a whole bag of Penn State Pretzels today...they are my snack of choice   Just as well I did those tree reps tonight at club!
Nam
07/04/2008 at 23:49
I killed a bag of Doritos last night!    But I never moved off the sofa...
07/04/2008 at 23:51
Yeah back at Bute Park now for the summer. Last time I was there I was running round dressed as Santa
Nam
07/04/2008 at 23:54
I've probably got good chances of coming last in the Plod but hey ho...  I'm sure I've checked last years times but I forgot what it said...  
Nam
07/04/2008 at 23:58

Just checking....

LOL... James Thie flew home in 27:13....   Have you ever seen him run??  He's awesome to watch!!

Last peeps home 67:28 last year....  mmm....

If it's hilly it could well take me 58-60 mins...

07/04/2008 at 23:58
Just do the best ya can.  I expect i'd have a good chance of being last too.  Remember you'll be doing way more than most people are doing on their Sunday morning so you should be proud of yourself!
Nam
08/04/2008 at 00:00
It's frustrating... It's taking so much longer to get back to normal than I expected...   but hey... so what if I come last... somebody has to...
08/04/2008 at 00:01

I think I put an expected time of 1hr 15 on the entry

Nam
08/04/2008 at 00:03

PSML... now I'm sure it won't be THAT bad??!!! 

Do I need to bring ropes for the hills??

08/04/2008 at 00:04

Exactly Nam, plus they usually get the biggest cheer!  I'm sure you wont be though.  Well if I dont run this one I'll be sure to come cheer you both along, not far from where I am, and Porthkerry Park is where I did my first ever bit of training for RFL - two years ago. 

In other news....I have a creaky toe.  My Dad (Doctor) says it's probably tendonitis...feels really wierd...ever had it before?

Nam
08/04/2008 at 00:10
KJ there 's no chance you'd be last...  when we run you always pull away from us and by the time we've done 3k I can't see you anymore!!!
Nam
08/04/2008 at 00:13
Dunno... everything creaks with me... my ankles, my knees...
08/04/2008 at 00:13
LOL well on the flat is one thing...but I have very little experience of hills and XC.  Kinda figure i'd need to buy some XC trainers to do this one?  Still tempted to enter and tag along with you two - scared of hills though!!!
Nam
08/04/2008 at 00:16
I'm petrified cos got badly misled by the name "Plod"... but I'll have to do it now so you may as well keep my company in my suffering... or wait for us at the end and make a cup of tea... (more likely!)...
08/04/2008 at 00:16

I dont have XC shoes.

COme and plod some coast path

08/04/2008 at 00:18
Will see how I go in the next week or so. Oh before I forget there is no club next week...but some of the girls are meeting just to do a run round Bute Park if you fancy it. 
41 to 60 of 396 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.