Portsmouth Coastal Waterside Marathon

81 to 89 of 89 messages
31/12/2012 at 19:51

Yes - Ian Burnett. 

Photos are out there now. 

31/12/2012 at 21:00
Cheers!
18/03/2013 at 21:24

I've just entered this years....would you all recommend it?? I will be staying over as not from Portsmouth, any hotels that you would recommend?? 

training starting now nice and steady, I was looking for a winter marathon as I am sick of training for spring marathons only to be hit by a heatwave....heat n marathons don't mix, not for me anyway. x

20/03/2013 at 16:36

There is a Premier Inn at Southsea, and also a Best Western (royal beach). If they are too pricey there are tons of B&B's around the seafront that will cater for any budget.

19/04/2013 at 16:17
I have entered this too, first marathon for me!

Live in gosport so not far to travel, just need to find the right training plan
23/04/2013 at 12:25

I'm in this year. Any excuse to visit Portsmouth and have a Lady Hamilton roast lol.

Really looking forward to a mulled wine or rum at the hydration stations should be good training for the medoc next year, can't wait

23/04/2013 at 21:23
Did it last year and vowed again ............. Have already enterd this years
24/04/2013 at 18:15
Any tips? I am guessing if its windy it will make it so much harder?

I have seen the medal for it on Facebook already!
25/04/2013 at 21:04
Last yr it was definitely an off rd shoe event due to the rain the weeks leading up to it. Difficult to get hot drinks and any food before the start so get it all before you go.
It wasn't great on the crowd support but the marshals were wonderful and then there was the brandy and mince pies at the drinks stations , oh yes , remember why I'm doing it again now.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 89 of 89 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.