Prague Half Marathon

7 messages
10/12/2002 at 08:41
I'm thinking about doing this as a slightly more adventurous alternative to the Reading Half. Anyone out there done it, or thinking of doing it this year?
11/12/2002 at 11:00
Boing!
12/12/2002 at 17:31
I was thinking of doing it too with my husband Mick but there are plenty of Uk halfs on that weekend which will work out a lot cheaper. I've never been to Prague though and would like to go.
Can anyone convince us to go?
Guy
12/12/2002 at 17:39
I did the Prague marathon this year, and think that the half marathon course is fairly similar. If so, it should be a fairly flat run round bits of the old town, along the river, and then back into the old town. A lot of the bits in the old town are on cobbles, which is not what you want towards the end of a marathon. It might not feel quite as bad at the end of a half, but still wouldn't be my surface of choice.

Prague itself is a very pleasant place for a weekend. For myself, I don't think I would bother to go all that way for a half, given the number that you can do in England, but if you have got the time and money, and want a weekend away, it is a good option.
13/12/2002 at 08:42
Cheers for that Guy, for me it would very much be a case of combining the run with a long weekend away as it's somewhere that I'd like to visit anyway.

Don't like the sound of those cobbles though ;-)
13/12/2002 at 08:55
After I do FLM this year, my aim will be to do lots of different half marathons. I certainly have my eye on the Prague one for the future. I think running is a great way to see a new place. A half marathon seems a good distance because it's enough of a run to make it worth going there, but not so far/hard that you can't walk easily for three days afterwards like after the marathon. With a half, you can still walk around and enjoy the town even the same day of the race.
13/12/2002 at 22:36
Yep, that's exactly what I'm thinking. I've never run a marathon, and don't think I'd be in much of a mood for sightseeing after running one...!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.