Prague Marathon 2011

Discussion forum for the 2011 Prague Marathon

21 to 32 of 32 messages
29/04/2011 at 15:43

You're never alone Jeremy but there are stages where its pretty thin most specifically the long straight drag from the final bridge crossing to around the 40km stretch.

I would definintely take the music player along to help out.

Never been too much wind on all my countless training runs up and down the river. Never say never of course. The heat can be a real problem though so fingers crossed for cool and overcast.

03/05/2011 at 15:53

A bit long range but weather looks ok

Ben perhaps you could help me - I'm staying at  Antik Hotel, Dlouha 22, Praha 1 - on google it looks to me only 1.5-2 Km from there to the expo so I was planning a relaxed stroll there and back on Saturday(got all day). Is the distance about right or am I way off? Plan to walk to the start on Sunday - looking forward to it now (and also not!!)

Edited: 03/05/2011 at 15:53
03/05/2011 at 15:58
easy walk to the start from there and you're about right on the 2km walk to the expo.
03/05/2011 at 16:06
Thanks skotty - I'm all set then - just a couple of easy runs this week and then a bit longer on Sunday. Stayed of the booze for 4 weeks now so that beer after is going to be fantastic!
03/05/2011 at 19:33
Ideal hotel for the start / finish area. Bit of a trek up to the Expo and not through the nicest parts of town either. Would suggest taking public transport to and from the expo and saving your Saturday walk for the nice parts of town - Old town // Charles Bridge // Malostrana
03/05/2011 at 20:00
Benjamin Riley 2 wrote (see)
Ideal hotel for the start / finish area. Bit of a trek up to the Expo and not through the nicest parts of town either. Would suggest taking public transport to and from the expo and saving your Saturday walk for the nice parts of town - Old town // Charles Bridge // Malostrana

i'd agree with that.

it is possible to walk but not a nice route so better to take the tram a few stops and you can clock up a few leisurely km doing some sightseeing later.  

08/05/2011 at 14:45
Hope everyone got there target times - a good race but boy that stretch 21-25 miles (ish) is a bit of a beast - long and lonely. Was feeling ok so passed a lot of people but for a last stretch it needs a certain mental toughness I think!
09/05/2011 at 08:20

Good fun as always!! Cramped up a bit from 35 - 38km but pulled through and got a PB by 22minutes so that can't be bad. Of course this morning I'd struggle to walk 42m let along run 42km. From hero to zero in one fell swoop.

Well done to all who did this - see you again next year?!!

09/05/2011 at 11:31
Good PB there Ben! I only managed a PB by 12 minutes but am happy with that. Could have been a little faster but wasn't sure how I'd cope with the warmer weather. Those sponges were really good, I can't drink from a cup and run but it was much better not having to worry about tripping on bottles - had my own drinks bottle so just tipped cupfuls in.
Was going to follow the 3:30 pacer but they went of like a rocket so stuck to the plan and got under the 3:30 anyway.
A great race and a really good mix of nationalities - if I do it again a few days to explore will have to be included.
09/01/2012 at 21:26
anyone doing it again?
03/05/2012 at 17:01

Just stumbled on this board. Yes - going to go this year 2012. Sounds spectacular!

13/02/2014 at 22:33

Anyone doing Prague Marathon this year? 3rd marathon but first one abroad, looking forward to it in a nervous kind of way!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 32 of 32 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.