Preston Guild Half Marathon

21 to 40 of 44 messages
SLL
26/09/2012 at 22:40
Yeah, I'm probably just worrying because I'm a new to it all - I expected to get an info pack through shortly after entering so was a bit concerned when I didn't! I can relax a little now
27/09/2012 at 21:28

In my experience these races are usually fairly good. Hopefully these aren't the exception to the rule!!

Enjoy the training and most of all enjoy the run!!

28/09/2012 at 11:23

In case people missed it, I got a link to this newsletter on 26 August.  If you entered after that date, then I guess you missed it. If you'd entered before then, then perhaps your email details are incorrect or your spam filter killed it?

http://prestoncitycouncil.createsend1.com/t/ViewEmail/r/23AC63E23DC18895

28/09/2012 at 12:08

Thanks Run Wales - looking forward to this very much. Got the Loch Ness marathon on Sunday so hopefully 4 weeks rest/light training should be sufficient. Won't know until the day of course!!

SLL
28/09/2012 at 19:37
Thanks John Owens 5 - I'm struggling with the long runs (up to 9 miles) at the moment but hopefully I'll be better in the day & able to enjoy it a little bit!
28/09/2012 at 22:25

Unfortunately it look slike I'm not going to be able to run this. My calves are still restricting me to short runs.

So, if it is possible to transfer the place, does anyone want it? Send me a PM if so.

29/09/2012 at 16:53

Hi Jane, I've taken a friends place so it is definitely possible to transfer them, the organisers were really helpful doing it

01/10/2012 at 16:52

SLL - I wouldn;t worry too much if you can get to 10 miles with your training that should be plenty. This is a big town half so I would imagine there will be plenty of spectators all around the course, that can be a big help.

Got a PB (by 10 minutes) at the Loch Ness Marathon yesterday, well pleased with that as it was a very tough course, The 4 mile hill fron 18 to 22 miles was just a shocker, I have never seen that many people walking, laying on the floor or looking like they were going to be sick on the side of the road in my life!

Fantastic marathon though, well organized and fantastic scenery. Not many spectators on the main part of the course but that was more than made up with the views and the friendly runners and marshalls. I would definitely recommend it to new and seasoned marathoners

No training for me this week - apart from being knackered I have a serious blood blister on my foot. Never mind the legs are just wrecked.

Happy training!!

02/10/2012 at 21:21

I entered this yesterday after bribing my dad into taking me (not driving is a pain when it comes to choosing races!). Really excited for it. Think I'll have to get the train to the expo on Saturday. Never been to one before. The races I've done previously usually post the number out or you collect on the day.

SLL
02/10/2012 at 22:07
Well done on the pb JO5 sounds like you had to work very hard for it! I was under the impression that whilst it starts in the city centre a lot of it is out in the sticks - or is that just the case with the full marathon? Does anyone know if there is a map of the route for the half anywhere? Im just trying to figure out where the supporters can get to along the route.
03/10/2012 at 08:27

Try this

http://prestonguild2012.com/resources/files/183_Guild%20Half%20Marathon%20HM%20Map%20WEB.pdf

Looks same as full but does not go out as far from town

Joe

11/10/2012 at 12:58

Check PCC web site for race pack if not received. Noted this on full mara forum.

I did not get email but probably did not give them it.

11/10/2012 at 17:12
Place for sale! PM if wanted
13/10/2012 at 11:47

Legs still feeling tired after Loch Ness marathon. It's been quite hard changing the training from marathon to half marathon pace!! Hopefully this doesn't come too soon, won't stop me doing it mind!!

I live locally so going to travel in on the train, sounds like Preston will be fairly packed as 9000 people have registered for the various races. Half wish I was doing the marathon now, half will feel like a stroll in the park hopefully!!

14/10/2012 at 16:06

I think I might travel on public transport too- the free parking at the bus station was great for the 10km, but there are more entrants for this and seeing as the full starts before us I wouldn't want to risk it. 

Getting nervous now waiting for it! Going to do a 12 miler tomorrow and then I'll just be counting down the days. My only goal is to finish so I'm sure it'll be fine (and hopefully good fun)

24/10/2012 at 18:04

Good luck everyone. See you on Sunday.  Fingers crossed for some sunshine!

24/10/2012 at 18:39

Good luck to you too Vanessa - I think we might be struggling with the sun more likely quite windy!!

I've developed a cold as usual when tapering - never mind same happenned at Loch Ness marathon 4 weeks ago and I got a PB!! So hopefully I can do that this time too, well a V50 PB anyway.

SLL
24/10/2012 at 18:54
Hi all - looking for a bit of advice - I did my last long run (11.5 miles) two weekends ago & was feeling like I'd put the hard work in & was well prepared for my very first half, i then intended to do a few short runs (between 7 & 4 miles) to keep ticking over before race day with the last short run tomorrow BUT instead I went away on a last minute holiday resulting in me not running at all for the last week. I have just got back today & really don't feel like running - do u think I will have wasted a lot of my training done pre - hol & what's the best thing to do now given its so close to the half? I feel really annoyed with myself now for wasting all my training. Any advice welcome
24/10/2012 at 18:59

Look at the postives SLL all niggles will have gone. Take it steady early doors and you should be fine.

SLL
24/10/2012 at 19:03
So do u not think I need to get a couple of runs in between now & then?
21 to 40 of 44 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.