Princes Risborough 10K

don't believe the runners world description

21 to 25 of 25 messages
07/07/2010 at 19:23

Mattress tester, congrates on completing your first 10k. I hope it will be the first of many. You will find lots of 10k's and other distance races in this area. So go and have some more fun, your soon be running 1/2's and doubling the fun. And looking forward to the big M.

W V, your right about Bearbrook. I ran my fastest 1mile after the hill, in the middle of a training run. 6.40.

If you brake the hill into 3 parts it makes it a lot easier.

MT, Bearbrook would be a good 10k for your second. Or if you fancy the challange of a big hill try wycombe 10k.

07/07/2010 at 19:43

Cheers cyberwebjaws (that's a bit of a mouthful sorry!).

Not sure where Bearbrook is, but sounds good. As for Wycombe, I know there are lots of steep hills there, so would be horribly suspicious about one or more of them being included. Could well be a bit of a challenge for my little legs.

The big M would certainly be a challenge for the future, so will have to see if I could do a 1/2 first some time. Furthest I've done on a training run was 20k.

Thanks for the insight, and cheers.

09/07/2010 at 13:09

Yep, agree, Cyberjaws. Its actually 3 small hills with 2 downhill bits, and its about 1.10 mile  long all in.

Bearbrook is at Weston Turville, about 3 miles south of Aylesbury, Mattress. Im doing Wycombe 10k, and that Dawes hill is a real bitch! The Half also has the hill, but then the similar downhill bit at about mile 6-7 ish. I find the second half of Wycombe Half a bit boring, you go a long quite a busy road with a lot of parked cars.

If you are thinking of a quieter Half, try the Burnham Beeches, thats 2 laps of fairly undulating road, with all roads closed (or the bulk of them at least). Its a good summer Half as its mainly under trees and is shaded. (Sorry, apppreciate the thread is 10k, just putting penny worth in). And as its two lap, you can just do one lap, and pull off at 6 miles.... its a bit expensive for just 10k, but that is my Plan B for this years event.

09/07/2010 at 20:16

I did Burnham a few years ago. It is a nice run. I ran it as a seventeen mile training run for  Abingdon. I finished tnen ran back down  the last two miles and back to the finish. It was funny when a lad at the last water station said, " you must be mad, thats your third lap."

I don't know if it will be open this year. But I finished off the morning with a nice relaxing swim in the school open air swimming pool. THe race starts and finishs at a school.   

10/07/2010 at 22:45
Good to see you cyber - soz I not been on forums - is Bearbrook next then?
GMx

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.