Puma Stockport 10

Best race of the year

1 to 20 of 58 messages
The Silent Assassin    pirate
18/09/2013 at 08:50

And of we go again.

I understand there is a new route? anyone know why or what it is.

If anyone gets chance to take a look at the funny promo video its here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTIwOZdT970

A running club with a sense of humour

keep up the good work Stockport

18/09/2013 at 08:50

It fills up pretty quick as well

19/09/2013 at 12:45

I like the video - another good one from Stockport and 'Mr Potson'. No mention of the goody bag this year though. How strange.

I'm looking forward to trying out the new route, which sounds like a big improvement.

19/09/2013 at 13:27

I'm already in but that video is really funny. If you pause the video when it flashes up on the map, you should be able to see the route.

05/10/2013 at 12:15

Just to warn people that the race is almost full

06/10/2013 at 18:47

Anyone got a link to the new route? i know they show it in the promo vid but it would be nice to have a proper look

07/10/2013 at 08:37

Looking at the video and pausing it at 1:30 shows the route, but I can't any change from last year

09/10/2013 at 14:00
Can't wait for this years Stockport 10. Been looking forward to it for sometime. A bit of a change in the route is interesting and the fact that the entries are filling up quickly implies its popularity is growing. I understand there might be only a few hundred places left so get booking your spot now.

See you there people and enjoy!
09/10/2013 at 14:03
Quoting this gentlemen on fb =

Sean Whewell

Entry update for Stockport 10 - we are dusting off the 'race full' signs and expect the race to be full in next couple of weeks - don't be disappointed.
11/10/2013 at 19:30

1,100 places taken up so only 150 left.  Expect online entries to be stopped by Friday 18th October.

11/10/2013 at 22:37

I did a 10k in Stockport in the mid-80s, the last year I did any running. I started again this March so have decided I have to do this one. 

I reckon I'll end up near the back of the field but never mind - sure it will be an enjoyable run.

20/10/2013 at 09:18

**Race Full**  Best of luck to all you lucky people who've got a place!  Happy training.

24/10/2013 at 13:04

Race full nearly two months in advance.  Impressive indeed and a reflection of the hard work that goes into making it so popular. 

Already practising reps up New Zealand Road.

Cake    pirate
24/10/2013 at 13:14

Eric whats this rumour of a new route about? You've not made this flat or something have you?

27/10/2013 at 10:07

Cake - no flat route, that would be boring, wouldn't it?!  The route is on the Harriers website although there is one slight error in this - instead of running straight into Woodbank Park just after 9 miles (at the new car park) you loop quickly into Vernon park to the tea rooms/museum, round the hedges and into Woodbank Park via the reverse Park run route and so making the dangerous car park redundant.  The big Overdale hill has been taken out - you still have to get to the top but we've made it longer and so more gradual.  The horrible Harrytown bit on the main road has gone and instead you have a beautiful run down to the Goyt Valley and out at Bredbury Hall where we will this year have our second water station!

Cake    pirate
28/10/2013 at 12:23

Excellent although I quite liked the Harrytown bit in a way I hill's  See you there mate I'll be the fat bloke.

11/11/2013 at 19:04

Is ther a waiting list? I know I have missed getting a place but just on the off chance?

12/11/2013 at 16:49

Unfortunately the waiting list is extremely large so we're not taking anymore - sorry!

26/11/2013 at 18:12

Eric,

Looks like I'll be unable to run. Are you the man to contact to make sure my place doesn't go to waste and somebody else can run?

I've developed an issue with my neck/shoulder and am unable to lift my right arm. If I can be fixed as quickly as the problem developed then I'll run but doubt that will happen.

I'm gutted as this is my first year running for a long, long time. Prior to this year my only official race was with Stockport Harriers doing a 10k in the mid-80s. I also wanted the quality goody bag and tech top.

Cheers,

Ed

26/11/2013 at 20:38

Ed, sorry to hear that.  You have a couple of choices here: 1. defer your entry until next year. 2. turn up on the day, collect your number and this will then also entitle you to collect your goody bag with t-shirt! To defer contact Alan Dilkes - ajdilkes@ntlworld.com - details on the Harriers website if this link doesn't work properly.

1 to 20 of 58 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.