Putney & Fulham Riverside Half Marathon

21 to 34 of 34 messages
11/08/2014 at 13:36
Hi all, has anyone registered and paid online and not received a confirmation email yet? this happened to me yesterday. I have e-mailed the race organiser at energized sport but did not get a very useful reply....

I am a little worried as the race is only in 2 weeks time!
11/08/2014 at 15:27

Hmmm, was about to sign up but that is a bit concerning - anyone else had confirmation?

11/08/2014 at 15:32

I got confirmation instantly that I signed up

11/08/2014 at 15:57

Same here - just signed up and confirmation straight away.  All booked - wil be driving up from Winchester if anyone wants a lift from anywhere reasonable. Train well!

22/08/2014 at 07:56

I entered a few evenings ago but didn't get any confirmation email although on screen it said I was confirmed - wrote email to organisers and no reply - frustrating - had heard some disturbing things about some of their previous event organising ...hmmm, anyone else same ??

23/08/2014 at 13:51

taking back what I have said above ...just had confirmation email following my enquiry and my race number just arrived in post ! see you all there

24/08/2014 at 17:50

I've found my confirmation registration in my gmail span folder. Check there!!!

24/08/2014 at 19:16

blimey - it was there all the time - thanks - sorry to energized sports !!!

25/08/2014 at 19:30

Anyone know best way to get to sports centre from Victoria coach station?, is there a bodies bike docking station near by?, I got caught out at Hackney, with no docking at event !!

JC4
08/09/2014 at 15:26

Hi

Energized sports are doing another one of these (on pretty much the same route it looks like) in October. Would those who did this event in august recommend it? PB potential?  I'm trying to get a place for the Royal Parks Half but if I can't (very likely) this could be an alternative.

08/09/2014 at 17:04

Overall, the event was good.  Lots of marshall in the right places and a nice start finish area.  The course is flat but I'm not sure about PB material as there are lots and lots of 90 degree turns that slow you down.  Plus the start and finish on grass takes a wee bit more out of you.  There were a few people to didge round getting up onto Putney bridge on the second lap too.

JC4
08/09/2014 at 17:11

Ok, good to know. Thanks for your reply Marcus

08/09/2014 at 17:43

You're welcome

10/09/2014 at 10:44

I did it and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was - well organised and a great bunch of comrade runners - no problem free parking, cheering marshals, maybe the waterstations were a bit undermanned, and a nice scenic mixed route which was getting busier with other users as the time moved on.  I would recommend this event.  My time was a little slower than I expected, and I can only guess reasons as Marcus said.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 34 of 34 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.