Race Day News

Important Information about Race Day

12 messages
06/11/2007 at 00:15

Hi everybody. Thought I'd kick off this thread to provide a forum for news, questions and discussion about the day.

I'll start the ball rolling by announcing that for anybody in the area, you will be able to collect race numbers and timing chips on Saturday 1st December between 10:00 and 16:00 from the Norfolk showground and on Race Day from 08:00 to 10:30.

Please do remember to bring your Race Voucher - without it we cannot issue your Race Number and Timing Chip.

Regards, Hugh

Hugh McGill, Race Director

06/11/2007 at 09:00
Might help if it said what the event is?
06/11/2007 at 11:35
It says at the top of the screen, musketeer, although it might help if it were in the thread title, Hugh.

Are we going the way of the French, then? Where you have to collect your number?

I know the post can be unreliable, but really!
06/11/2007 at 11:58

Hmm wonders about linking unreliable, French and letter.... But thinks better of it

06/11/2007 at 13:46
Wilkie, I know in our club we get people who enter on line to collect on the day. I'd post, but the powers that be say collect.
10/11/2007 at 13:38

any idea how they'll be deciding who wont make 3 hours? I'm going to be about 2hrs 50mins and don't want to get stopped! anyone know where/when the cut offs will be?

thanks 

10/11/2007 at 22:36
Rar, Please dont worry too much, the race director has already said on another thread that even though the curse closes after 3 hours, there will still be people on the course for a number of hours cleaning up so u will be able to finish!!
11/11/2007 at 18:27

If any of you have yet to enter (or know someone still to do so), please note that there will not now be any Entry on the Day option, so please complete a postal or online entry ASAP.

Closing date for postal entries is 26th November and we will endeavour to process all entries received up to 30th November.

Race packs for entries received after 28th November will not be posted and must be collected on the day.

Entries received after 30th November will be rejected.

13/11/2007 at 20:42

If you collect your race number and chip on the saturday,do you need to keep the voucher for collection of the race t-shirt if you have pre-ordered ?

13/11/2007 at 22:08

Race Vouchers will be retained by us once exchanged for the race number and timing chip. It's the Race Number itself which needs to be presented to collect the t-shirt, which can be collected before or after the race.

Anyone collecting the Race Number on the Saturday must remember to bring it on Sunday as we will have no facility to provide a replacement as the number and chip are registered to a specific runner and the race timing system cannot be modified on the day.

13/11/2007 at 23:01
Hugh, I entered via this web site 2 weeks ago and have heard anything - Will I?

Cheers
16/11/2007 at 23:52

You will - and should already have. Please would you email entries@cityofnorwichhalfmarathon.com with your details to confirm we've received your entry and registered you and your race pack has been despatched.

Regards, Hugh

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
12 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.