RACE FOR LIFE

this years dates have been announced

8 messages
19/02/2003 at 12:19
Go to www.raceforlife.co.uk
for details of this years races.

In case you don't know, the RFL series are women only 5ks, which you can walk or run, held to raise money for womens cancers. Always good fun and a for a good cause. Ideal for beginners.

(and no I don't work for them!)
19/02/2003 at 13:27
Could well be Mrs P's first race.....
20/02/2003 at 20:44
boing
23/02/2003 at 17:22
EVERY lady runner should run the RFL, they are fanstastic - steady 5K with menfolk cheering and clapping, very encouraging. I ran the Huddersfield one last June. It was my first ever race and I cried nearly all the way round reading the messages on peoples back! I am now doing the London Marathon so just shows how a bit of support gets you going!
23/02/2003 at 17:29
Same for me too Pat. RFL last year was my first ever race, 3 months after starting running, and this year it's FLM!
23/02/2003 at 17:30
and you can walk if you cant run, loads do
23/02/2003 at 17:57
Hiya FGS - I also always do them and get all my mates to join too. (I usually use the "male helpers" as motivation for them).
You're right about the messages though, there is hardly anyone who hasn't been directly affected by cancer.
Really sad but makes you realise life is to be lived to the full :-)
Run on...
25/02/2003 at 13:44
Wow, thats service for you. I got my running number today. I'm running at Kempton, and would you believe, I'm number 3. You can imagine the faces of people looking me up and down thinking to themselves "well she doesn't look like an elite athlete", ha, ha, and they'd be right. Mind you, its taking off slowly at the moment. Last time I looked there were only 4 people entered :-)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.