Race Pace

21 to 26 of 26 messages
Slow_coach    pirate
27/03/2012 at 19:12

Thanks Tim,

I did the 6m on Sunday. 

Went swimming last night

Going for a slow 3 miles in about 1/2hr.

Cycle 13.1m tomorrow (Im going to cycle the course to familiarize with it)

Not sure if I should do anything Thurs and Friday, Im sureIll have to relax the day before.

I will let you know how I get on, promise!

Cheers for all the advice!

Edited: 27/03/2012 at 19:13
27/03/2012 at 19:22
Easy 3 miles on Friday.
Slow_coach    pirate
02/04/2012 at 09:07
I did it! My time was 2:09:02. Im very pleased and thank you for your advice which has helped me a lot with my training
03/04/2012 at 21:17
Well done. That's a great achievement you should be pleased. How are you feeling two days on? Normally that's when it all catches up with me. Any plans to do another?

I wasn't as wise as you and 'ran' 28miles with 3000ft of ascent (and descent) across the south downs on Sunday. The last time I ran further than 13miles was a November trail marathon. I don't have a specific injury, I'm just slightly broken all over.
Slow_coach    pirate
04/04/2012 at 20:49

Hi Tim, I went lap swimming on Monday evening and that helped a little. Then went running yesterday and did 5m at 11.30mm (as a recovery jog) but felt very tired and legs were a bit achy. Had a sport massage a couple of hours earlier too. Today is much better already. Funny thing I found is my right toes hurting me, the three in the middle only. 

I started running to improve my overall fitness for triathlons but Im enjoying it so much I m goign to do at least 1 or 2 running events a month as well my original plan of one tri a month!. Im finding running so rewarding and addictive. I also enjoy xc perhaps more than road.

I wasnt always this 'wise' I have learned my lesson well because I got injuried twice and am being ever so careful. I was trying to push myself below the 9.50mm but it was ever so hard so decided notto risk and stick to my rythm. It's my first running event so still plenty to learn and improve.

See you mention the South Downs so you cant be too far from me. Do you belong to any club, are you planning any races? We might come across each other one day

Edited: 04/04/2012 at 20:50
06/04/2012 at 22:02
I'm worn out just reading that. I would alternate a tri and a running event each month. Running a 10k or half every 2 weeks and a tri as well will definitely see you getting injured. Assuming you are aiming at running your hardest.

I live a bit North of London and just went down to the South Downs for a particular event. Have seen a couple of halfs in Surrey, Kent and Sussex but haven't entered any as yet.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.