Rock and Roll Marathon in Lisbon

Oct 5th 2014

21 to 30 of 30 messages
02/07/2014 at 01:12

Thanks Atom,

I think there is about twelve of us going out from Cornwall with most doing the marathon, its  become a bit of a club tradition to travel to a foriegn marathon each Autumn.  

I have no idea how to p.m you my e-mail, would appreciate any help in this.

02/07/2014 at 04:21

Flintstone

Sounds like a great crack....I am sure we will here you around Lisbon!

If you click on my name it should bring up my profile and allow you to message me directly.

Cheers

Dave

09/07/2014 at 12:53

My girlfriend and I have booked flights with the intention of running the half. I haven't booked a hotel yet, there are some great deals about but its hard to know what area to book. I know the run starts and finishes at the Vasco De Gamma bridge (finishes near there) so was thinking a hotel in that area would work out well for the race (think its moscidade train station), but apparently its a half hour metro ride into the centre which wouldn't be ideal for the rest of the stay, bearing in mind we are mainly going for a holiday and the race is just an added bonus!

Edited: 09/07/2014 at 12:56
30/07/2014 at 16:07

How's the training going for everybody?  We have 9 weeks to go so stepping up the miles now. Planning for a 16 miler on Sat morning. If we can train in this weather then Lisbon should be cooler.

30/07/2014 at 16:31

If anyone's interested in football, Benfica are at home the weekend of the marathon. I've heard tickets are around the 30 Euro mark depending on where you sit.

01/08/2014 at 09:32

We might have a look at this. I will have a look online to see the timings and costs. If its the Saturday it will keep us out of the pub!!!!

01/08/2014 at 09:41

I think its currently scheduled for Saturday, kick off at 18:00 so as you say, perfect distraction, although games are much more relaxed over in Europe and you can drink alcohol at your seat while watching the match!

As I'm only running the half with my girlfriend (aiming for sub 2 hours) I can probably allow myself a nice pint of Sagres

When the ticket details are released I'll add a link on here.

01/08/2014 at 10:08

Cheers James its sounds like a good option.

02/08/2014 at 13:28

9 weeks to go and so the training for the marathon is stepping up. Just under 40 miles this week with an LSR of 13 miles this morning. Legs felt it a bit as I should have been only about 30miles at this stage.

Yesterday at 09:59

Only 6 weeks to go and the long miles are starting. 20 miler on Sunday and then 3*22 miles the next weeks. How's the training for the half and marathon going?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 30 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.